No announcement yet.

Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good revenge win for the Cadets vs. a tough Plattsburgh squad to end the first semester on a high note with a 2-1 win over another ranked team.

8-2-1 after 11 pretty darn good with wins over Endicott, Aurora, Plattsburgh and Skidmore.

Still haven’t played Elmira and Hobart yet though at all so 4 very tough league games remaining.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Good revenge win for the Cadets vs. a tough Plattsburgh squad to end the first semester on a high note with a 2-1 win over another ranked team.

8-2-1 after 11 pretty darn good with wins over Endicott, Aurora, Plattsburgh and Skidmore.

Still haven’t played Elmira and Hobart yet though at all so 4 very tough league games remaining.
      No way! I’ve heard from very reliable sources on Facebook that Norwich stinks this year and Cam Ellsworth is a fraud and only Mike McShane is the real NU coach! Probably the same folks who wanted Cam gone mid-season his first year (the one where NU reached the final).

Alright, sorry for the snarky post. Great win last night. Heading into the break with a ton of momentum. Can’t wait for the second half of the season, where Ellsworth’s teams have played their best.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

No way! I’ve heard from very reliable sources on Facebook that Norwich stinks this year and Cam Ellsworth is a fraud and only Mike McShane is the real NU coach! Probably the same folks who wanted Cam gone mid-season his first year (the one where NU reached the final).

Alright, sorry for the snarky post. Great win last night. Heading into the break with a ton of momentum. Can’t wait for the second half of the season, where Ellsworth’s teams have played their best.
        Ahhhh, the good old armchair coaches of Facebook.

Comment

Albertus Magnus will be joining the NEHC in 2024-25. Johnson & Wales seems to be set to leave the NEHC as they announced a move to the CCC for all sports.

Potentially more conference shifting still on the horizon? Would think Salve will need a new home after leaving the CCC for the NEWMAC.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Looking forward to tonight's game VS Curry RPI 4 vs RPI 7
            Steve Day(NU71)
            Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
              Looking forward to tonight's game VS Curry RPI 4 vs RPI 7
              Former Norwich men’s hockey standout Paul Russell ‘17 also an assistant coach with Curry.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Another disappointing effort last night. Defensively did well enough, but broke down far too many times once they got to center ice. Icing and penalty problems again. Goalie pulled, about to go on the power play, and they take another penalty.
                The next three games will be tougher, and, unless they find a cure for last nights problems, will be an oh-fer.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  Another disappointing effort last night. Defensively did well enough, but broke down far too many times once they got to center ice. Icing and penalty problems again. Goalie pulled, about to go on the power play, and they take another penalty.
                  The next three games will be tougher, and, unless they find a cure for last nights problems, will be an oh-fer.
                  Frustrating to say the least!

Comment

Much better last night. Skill level was up, gaining offensive end much improved. But biggest of all was there was intensity at the start of the game. Overall, there is still some room for improvement ( which is good). The second goal was was a great play too. They need to build off last night for today’s game against a team that might not have expended a lot of energy last night.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Flint, did you attend / watch last night’s game? Would appreciate your thoughts and observations. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                        The second goal was was a great play too. They need to build off last night for today’s game against a team that might not have expended a lot of energy last night.
                        Looking forward to a Great Game BE THERE AT THE BERG in Section 20
                        Steve Day(NU71)
                        Go Cadets

Comment

• Down with stomach bug ..
                          Missing both games this weekend.
                          ​​​But will be watching, and listening to Craig's call.
                          Should be a classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
                            Flint, did you attend / watch last night’s game? Would appreciate your thoughts and observations. Thanks.
                            Indeed. Overall, I agree with Jerry’s assessment. I still think “we’re” struggling to get our footing offensively. Some questionable shots (VERY low percentage), and there was a too-long stretch where transition was ugly as sin. I was convinced that Elmira was going to capitalize on a neutral zone T.O.

All that to say, it was a good win against a good opponent. Solid defensive game (as usual) and Atherton played a nice game.

It’s going to take a great effort from start to finish to get it done this afternoon. I believe Norwich is more than capable. Have to play a smart game, stay out of the box, and MUST capitalize on every chance.

Comment

• ….and down go the traffic cones. In all seriousness those are the most off putting jerseys I’ve ever seen.

hard fought game on both sides. Norwich comes away handing Hobart their first loss. I can see why Hobart is doing so well, they are an extremely fast and relentless squad.

Comment

• Great effort ..
                                BIG win ...
                                Get used to Hobart ... They are GOOD and We will see them again ... and likely Again!
                                Last edited by PuckVoice; 01-07-2023, 05:28 PM. Reason: W

Comment

Working...
                                X