No announcement yet.

Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to apologize for our technical issues tonight. Our main control board had issues which we could not fix ... Lee and I ended up doing our radio cast on our cellphones ... No way to feed it to the video feed.
    Hopefully better tomorrow.
    As to the game...
    That seven minutes of scoreless PP in the first really hurt ... Gave the Spartans the idea they could do it. and they were good the rest of the night .... Big that they didn't fall apart when Wick tied it in the second.
    Get used to it folks ... Tough league.
    And it will only get tougher with the Ponys in tomorrow.
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-11-2022, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Agree with Flint. Team looked extremely flat / exhausted.

I get we are a defensive team but I think we need to use our speed and step up more against some of these teams. The 7 minutes of less than average PP time didn’t help and gave Castleton some momentum for sure.

Hopefully it was just a one off game and not a pattern, need to bounce back today against a tough Skidmore team.

Missed your commentary George but technical issues will happen. Your calls on the games last weekend were fantastic.

Comment

Very disappointing nite. The problems that occurred in the previous 2 games have gotten worse, not better.
        Regarding the seven minute PP, 3 players doing laps on the blue line won’t get it done. No, that wasn’t the whole PP, but too much of it.
        I suspect after today, last years record might look good.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

I'd like to see Kerner, O'Mara and Johnson line back together and keep the ONeil, Lewis and Elgstam (when he's playing again) as well. I know Coach is trying to find the best fit for the whole team. I just think it is hard for guys to "gel" together when they are playing a different line each night. I know guys are sick, hurt or unable to play for whatever reasons, a perfect world it ain't. Good to see Aubin back tonight.

One crucial thing for tonight's game. Skidmore is on a roll and can compete with us on any given day. We have to stay out of the penalty box and clear the defensive zone quickly and efficiently. I know... Duh, no brainer.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

It would be great to see Albano in goal, I thought we would see him last night.

Comment

So far so good, Norwich 2 Skidmore 0 Power Play goal by Johnson and even strength goal by Kerner. Cadets appeared more alert and alive! Now for a solid 2nd period!

Comment

3-1 Norwich over Skidmore. I am so impressed with Mike McKensie, fast, forecheck is awesome and has a couple of chances crashing the net but Tate Brandon stone walled him.

Comment

Norwich win 4-1 over the Thoroughbreds'. Paul Schmidt with 2 goals, one on a sweet steal in the offensive zone and a Power Play goal in the 3rd.

Comment

Great bounce back win over a solid Skidmore team. I thought Norwich was far more aggressive on offense today than we’ve seen in some time and it was very effective. A very good win.
                    Last edited by KrbFlint; 11-12-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Schmid seems like someone with the potential to step up and take some scoring load off of Kerner’s shoulders.
                      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 11-12-2022, 07:13 PM.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Please don't tell me this thread is dead after such a good start. Your comments are so helpful. Looking forward to somebody breaking the ice!!
                        NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest Active

NU56
                        Old Member
                        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                          Please don't tell me this thread is dead after such a good start. Your comments are so helpful. Looking forward to somebody breaking the ice!!
                          NU56
                          Old Member
                          Maybe the Oldest Active
                          Didn’t see a second of Friday’s game. Plan to watch a decent amount of the first light.

Might be one of the best fields in quite some time.

Aurora is no joke from out west and will be a very stern test for Norwich on Friday.

Plattsburgh is off to one of its best starts in quite some time as Coach Moffatt continues to try and build things back up there.

Middlebury is always tough to gauge this early, but two close league losses to start the year. We’ll see if Neil can get them going for the First Light.

Norwich certainly looking very stout defensively and has been getting more shots pretty consistently than their opponents this year. The cadets’ ability to score in droves appears to have dried up a little bit lately, but they’ve still been winning games for the most part minus the Castleton one.

Would not surprise me at all to see Aurora, Plattsburgh or Norwich triumph. Middlebury would be a bit of a surprise.

Should be four quality games of hockey!
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Might be one of the best fields in quite some time.

Aurora is no joke from out west and will be a very stern test for Norwich on Friday.
                            Looking Forward to Friday Nights Game

Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

The problem with corporate sponsorship of events is that the sponsors change names. When it was the Primelink, they wanted to showcase Plattsburgh student talent and the games were produced by Platty students. Will that be different this year? Will we get the NU stream this year?
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                The problem with corporate sponsorship of events is that the sponsors change names. When it was the Primelink, they wanted to showcase Plattsburgh student talent and the games were produced by Platty students. Will that be different this year? Will we get the NU stream this year?
                                Certainly we should as it is being held at Kreitzberg. For the life of me, I can't remember who called the game at Middlebury last year. It's probably b/c I sync George on the radio every possible time. It would make sense to me to have the hosting team's announcer to call the games, since this is no longer a Plattsburgh State production.

Should be a set of competitive games this weekend. I am picking Norwich over Aurora 3-2 and Plattsburgh over Middlebury 4-1 for Friday's game. Not saying anything about Saturday's games until I see Plattsburgh play Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X