X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott_TG
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

The empire 8 would be Utica Elmira Geneseo Brockport Nazareth St John Fisher. Throw in the probable collapse of the NEHC and u can realistically throw in one or both of Hobart and Skidmore as affiliate members.
    Skidmore is relatively close to Plattsburgh, Canton and Potsdam. They would make an even better hockey affiliate than Norwich...

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied
    Originally posted by smbenny View Post

ok since I’m lazy who would be the other teams in that conference? Thanks!
    The empire 8 would be Utica Elmira Geneseo Brockport Nazareth St John Fisher. Throw in the probable collapse of the NEHC and u can realistically throw in one or both of Hobart and Skidmore as affiliate members.

Leave a comment:

• Bill-R-
    replied
    Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post

I hope this isn't true. Nothing like a rivalry weekend in Fredonia...

I know the women need to be taken care of too and it has been mentioned previously that they were'nt keen on the LEC because they'd need to wait two years for an autobid. But let's be serious here. At least they'd have an amazing chance at that autobid once it arrives and not have to be up against Plattsburgh.

I hope this isn't true. I also worry about Babson. Awesome Norwich rival for decades.
    In all seriousness, I don't see this happening. But you never know. D3 hockey is getting weird.

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post

Welcome to the SUNYAC.
    I hope this isn't true. Nothing like a rivalry weekend in Fredonia...

I know the women need to be taken care of too and it has been mentioned previously that they were'nt keen on the LEC because they'd need to wait two years for an autobid. But let's be serious here. At least they'd have an amazing chance at that autobid once it arrives and not have to be up against Plattsburgh.

I hope this isn't true. I also worry about Babson. Awesome Norwich rival for decades.
    Last edited by ***JCB***; 03-02-2024, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

Elmira, Nazareth, Utica, St. John Fisher, Brockport, Geneseo.

This would be for men's only. The women would need two more teams, which is why I'm predicting E8 will bring in Hobart (thus William Smith) and Manhattanville as affiliate members as they will bring along a women's team. And there is also Hilbert who only has a women's team.

Leave a comment:

• smbenny
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

They're a full member of the empire 8 once st John Fisher joins in 205-2026 they will have enough teams to form a conference and they are required by empire 8 bylaws to join

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied
    I wonder what league Elmira will join? Seems like everyone is leaving the NEHC?
    They're a full member of the empire 8 once st John Fisher joins in 205-2026 they will have enough teams to form a conference and they are required by empire 8 bylaws to join

Leave a comment:

• smbenny
    replied
    I wonder what league Elmira will join? Seems like everyone is leaving the NEHC?

Leave a comment:

• Bill-R-
    replied
    Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

New league?
    Welcome to the SUNYAC.

Leave a comment:

• PuckVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

No, but I think you’ll be hearing an announcement in the near future that might surprise some folks. (nothing to do with coaching staff).
    New league?

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

No, but I think you’ll be hearing an announcement in the near future that might surprise some folks. (nothing to do with coaching staff).
    Why not say it? It's obviously not a secret and in-house only if you know.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Any updates on the Norwich coaching search?

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Any updates on the Norwich coaching search?

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I think of that year as a second lost Covid year. The team had a few games cancelled and it generally felt like things still weren't really operating at anywhere close to a normal level.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    With the women also losing to Southern Maine I think this is the first time a Norwich hockey team won't be playing in March since like 1997. Fun times around here. I guess this is how 90% of the other fans feel every year.
    It actually happened in 2022 as well. Women lost to Castleton 1-0 in semis after the men lost to Babson 2-1 in quarterfinals the previous weekend.

That was the first year of the Tony Mariano Cup and Tony’s last year as AD.

Hockey was done by Feb. 26.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X