No announcement yet.

Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Durham did a fantastic job throughout the season, remaining enthusiastic and optimistic despite the play. And he certainly tried to evoke emotion and insight during his “Coach’s Corner” segments, but that proved impossible and frustrating given his bland and disagreeable guest.

Comment

• I just watched all three games at the frozen four and couldn't be more impressed with the speed and physical play especially the physical play-norwich would have a lot of difficulty matching up with any of these teams--

Comment

• Yes that's why they have been done for five weeks.

Comment

• To manage expectations, there’ll be no offseason movement, bowel or otherwise, to reverse NU’s decline.

Comment

• I watched a number of games from the quarters to the final. Some I just dropped in on for a while, but some full games (no, none of the 4 overtime’s). IMO, NU might have beaten only 1 of those teams, just 1.
            That just doesn’t get it done.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post
              The coach is not aggressive and the style of play has been garbage. It's been painful to watch the past few years. But I have the ear of no one important. My opinion means diddly squat.
              When you roster all these big lumbering players it certainly won't work on the big ice surface at Norwich. It actually makes them look even slower than they might be. It is hard to watch.

Comment

• Two recruits listed on elite prospects from the EHL. That's not gonna cut it to turn this thing around when others are filling up their rosters from the NAHL, NCDC and the canadian leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post
                  Two recruits listed on elite prospects from the EHL. That's not gonna cut it to turn this thing around when others are filling up their rosters from the NAHL, NCDC and the canadian leagues.
                  Is Steve Mattson still the primary recruiter? Who has his ear? Flint? I’m so disgusted I didn’t contribute to the program last year nor will I this year. I’ve been diverting contributions to other programs. Not helpful, I realize, but it’s the only voice I have to call for changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post

Is Steve Mattson still the primary recruiter? Who has his ear? Flint? I’m so disgusted I didn’t contribute to the program last year nor will I this year. I’ve been diverting contributions to other programs. Not helpful, I realize, but it’s the only voice I have to call for changes.
                    It is my understanding the Steve has been handcuffed in the recruiting process, and his input severely restricted.
                    No doubt it will be claimed I am not familiar with the program.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Steve Mattson has a history of recruiting some of the best players in d3-he would be the one person I would listen to

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                        It is my understanding the Steve has been handcuffed in the recruiting process, and his input severely restricted.
                        No doubt it will be claimed I am not familiar with the program.
                        I would imagine the school administration has a say in recruiting$$$ as well, may not be on the shoulders of the recruiting coordinator???

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

I would imagine the school administration has a say in recruiting$$$ as well, may not be on the shoulders of the recruiting coordinator???
                          True. But the reasons have less to do with money and more with disagreements on talent.

Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                            True. But the reasons have less to do with money and more with disagreements on talent.
                            10-4 also the talent is getting watered down with all these new D1 and D3 teams, may be harder to attract the big point getters..???

Comment

• Hobart and Skidmore to SUNYAC !!!
                              DONE DEAL!
                              NEHC?
                              From best to DEAD!
                              Last edited by PuckVoice; 04-11-2024, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• The current “administration” has decided to address financial issues two ways:

1. NO aid to incoming international students.
                                2. Charge significantly more per year than in the past. As in, almost double in many cases.

Buckle up, buttercups.
                                Last edited by KrbFlint; 04-20-2024, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X