Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Did not count ... May not include all non -league games.
    There are 25 games listed... no non-conference game with Plattsburgh either (other than the LayerEight Tourney). I don't see either side giving that game up. How many games are they allowed in D-III?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

There are 25 games listed... no non-conference game with Plattsburgh either (other than the LayerEight Tourney). I don't see either side giving that game up. How many games are they allowed in D-III?

With some exceptions. A game against a US national team doesn't count against your limit once a season. Trips to Alaska or Hawaii for games don't count. You are allowed an overseas trip every four years.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

NEHC losing J&W this season but adding Albertus and Salve. Now total of 20 league games .... Less room for non-league games
        Also what do you think of back to back same team one site league weekends?

Comment

• JCB, help me restore the discussion back to an important matter that requires immediate attention…

Comment

• The coach is not aggressive and the style of play has been garbage. It's been painful to watch the past few years. But I have the ear of no one important. My opinion means diddly squat.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post
              The coach is not aggressive and the style of play has been garbage. It's been painful to watch the past few years. But I have the ear of no one important. My opinion means diddly squat.
              but when we add opinions together……… and it is growing

Go 'Wick!

Comment

• The realignments are all about cost savings at all costs. Shorter travel and two games against the same team a weekend.

Comment

The coach is not aggressive and the style of play has been garbage. It's been painful to watch the past few years. But I have the ear of no one important. My opinion means diddly squat.
                  Cam used a Hobart strategy against the University of Southern Maine….beyond ridiculous. USM was trying to get the breakout on the wings. Eventually it had to work….its not like Norwich was really threatening in the offensive zone. They kept their defense deep all game, They should have won that game. Maybe the beat Skidmore at home. They would have been in the tournament if they made it to the finals.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jerrynu26;n3865797]

A preemptive course correction is needed now before reaching the point of no return. If the recent debacle was a clear coaching failure, then all the more reason for immediate change. Program suicide to wait for the “Pull Up, Pull Up” warning. Act now…

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bog Hockey;n3866924]
                      Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post

A preemptive course correction is needed now before reaching the point of no return. If the recent debacle was a clear coaching failure, then all the more reason for immediate change. Program suicide to wait for the “Pull Up, Pull Up” warning. Act now…
                      Yes, but this isn't Div I football or basketball. Are there a pool of candidates without jobs just waiting to uproot their family and move to (***insert name of Div III town here***)? Or a pool of candidates currently with jobs looking to uproot their family and move to ??? At this level, I say make sure the grass is greener before you make the leap... (put another way, be careful what you wish for...)
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

At this level, I say make sure the grass is greener before you make the leap... (put another way, be careful what you wish for...)
                        I was talking with another oldtimer in town about this recently and I think it's really hard for fans of other teams to understand what the last three years have felt like. Even when the team got some good results the gameplay and feel of the program were terrible. The passive and defensive style is boring and pretty much downright embarrassing. The USM loss was the damn straw that broke it. To sit back in a 1-2-2 trying to win the game 1-0 in a 2v7 game was a choice to say the least. And as I've said earlier it goes beyond the rink. The team used to be a big part of the town. This coach doesn't seem to give a crap about any sort of relationship building with the community. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why the attendance is the lowest ever. I know others have listed all the factors and excuses but the number one reason is the team isn't fun to watch.

Comment

I was talking with another oldtimer in town about this recently and I think it's really hard for fans of other teams to understand what the last three years have felt like. Even when the team got some good results the gameplay and feel of the program were terrible. The passive and defensive style is boring and pretty much downright embarrassing. The USM loss was the damn straw that broke it. To sit back in a 1-2-2 trying to win the game 1-0 in a 2v7 game was a choice to say the least. And as I've said earlier it goes beyond the rink. The team used to be a big part of the town. This coach doesn't seem to give a crap about any sort of relationship building with the community. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why the attendance is the lowest ever. I know others have listed all the factors and excuses but the number one reason is the team isn't fun to watch.
                          I sympathize. I'm a Plattsburgh State fan back to the days when we crammed 3500 people into the Stafford. We made more than 20 straight conference final appearances. The SUNYAC final this year was "sold out" in minutes, but there were dozens if not a few hundred empty seats. I know where you're coming from.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• [QUOTE=spwood;n3866975]
                            Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post

Yes, but this isn't Div I football or basketball. Are there a pool of candidates without jobs just waiting to uproot their family and move to (***insert name of Div III town here***)? Or a pool of candidates currently with jobs looking to uproot their family and move to ??? At this level, I say make sure the grass is greener before you make the leap... (put another way, be careful what you wish for...)
                            Please tell me you’re not suggesting we accept the status quo because finding a more effective coach may prove challenging?

Comment

• We're only at the NCAA quarters tonight and Norwich has already been done for a month.

Comment

We're only at the NCAA quarters tonight and Norwich has already been done for a month.
                                plenty of prep for spring break….

Wonder how the end of year banquet is going?

Will be checking in on Plymouth tonight

Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X