No announcement yet.

Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can Norwich fans tell me about Endicott? I see you beat them 4-1 to start the season.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      What can Norwich fans tell me about Endicott? I see you beat them 4-1 to start the season.
      Unsure how different the roster is from last year, but last year they were very physical team that had a lot of different guys that could beat you with goals. 1st and 2nd line were very even and spread out with scoring. Really strong goalie tandem too.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        What can Norwich fans tell me about Endicott? I see you beat them 4-1 to start the season.
        Norwich played Endicott’s JV squad or was it their club team, I can’t remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post

Norwich played Endicott’s JV squad or was it their club team, I can’t remember.
          No, it was a regular season game for each team on October 28th.
          2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

• Norwich men are moving to the Little East with Babson starting in 2025-26.

https://norwichathletics.com/news/20...n-2025-26.aspx
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Norwich men are moving to the Little East with Babson starting in 2025-26.

Akin to changing a school’s logo to address enrollment challenges, this move to the LEC serves to only mask the decline of NU’s program. The LEC will be considered a tier two conference at best (and that’s being kind) and will likely be relegated to a play-in game.

Comment

• So will the Norwich women join as an LEC affiliate in 2027-28 once they have an AQ? Seems messed up, I guess NEC is jumping on the grenade by joining as a women's affiliate right away to give them 6 and start the 2 year wait rather than waiting for one more of the full LEC members to start a women's team...if I were them I'd reconsider if they're going to let Norwich swoop in like a buzzard...

Comment

• This also means the NEHC is dead. So much for Salve Reginas move. I wonder if they crawl back to the CCC of if they also join the LEC
                  Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Norwich men are moving to the Little East with Babson starting in 2025-26.

I love this move considering the alternatives. The alumni base is very Boston/NE heavy and this keeps people happy. I like the idea of staying with Babson. Plymouth state has a great rink and atmosphere so watch out for them to continue to elevate. Maybe this can help Norwich reset a bit and build back up.

Comment

• Now get Salve Regina to join the LEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                        This also means the NEHC is dead. So much for Salve Reginas move. I wonder if they crawl back to the CCC of if they also join the LEC
                        So, I was waiting for this shoe to fall, because I knew a shoe was falling, but didn't know the details.

Now that it has, and like you said, NEHC is dead, I can confidently say expect the Empire 8 to get involved. It may not be exactly what we expect, it may take longer than what we expect, and it may not even be called the Empire 8. But, they will be involved, and it will "save" Elmira. (But I don't know how they will handle the women.)

Now, the next question, as far as NY teams, is what happens to Hobart, Skidmore, and Manhattanville. I don't know, because dumb, dumb me completely forgot to ask my sources when I was at the Hobart game this past Saturday.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Can't say I am surprised...
                          As Hockenberry says in the official release it seems to be the best available solution.
                          Maintains rivalries (Babson, Castleton, UMB, USM, NEC) and adds some interesting new ones (Plymouth could become a good one).
                          Don't be surprised if Skidmore and Salve end up going the same route.

On another perhaps related note, the 24-25 schedule is already upj on the Norwich site.
                          Don't ever remember seeing. It up this soon. If it holds up it will bring some pretty radical changes to the traditional format.
                          Last edited by PuckVoice; 03-06-2024, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post

Akin to changing a school’s logo to address enrollment challenges, this move to the LEC serves to only mask the decline of NU’s program. The LEC will be considered a tier two conference at best (and that’s being kind) and will likely be relegated to a play-in game.
                            For heaven's sake, the whole D3 hockey world doesn't revolve around freaking Norwich's fall from grace. This move was necessary because everyone could see the writing on the wall that NEHC was going to be dead in two years. It was a survival move.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• No Middlebury, except should they meet in the Thanksgiving tournament.
                              Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

• Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                                No Middlebury, except should they meet in the Thanksgiving tournament.
                                Did not count ... May not include all non -league games.
                                Last edited by PuckVoice; 03-06-2024, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X