Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrbFlint
    replied
    There are, however, FAR more schools putting resources into hockey than there was 20 years ago.

Regardless, all the coaches at Norwich were told (again, last week) by the acting administration that their plan to address the deficit is to scale back financial aid and they “won’t get the same students they have in the past”.

Start praying the new President reverses that quickly when he gets into office.

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    This is not the 2003 ECAC East anymore.
    It's actually pretty darn similar. There's one team running roughshod through the league beating teams by 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 goals of a given night and then there's a few NCAA bubble teams and then the rest. The only difference is that Norwich used to do what Hobart is doing. The league doesn't feel like a parity league to Hobart right now and it only feels that way to us becuase Norwich is just plain worse than they used to be.

Listen I'm as excited as anyone that I get to hopefully watch a couple more live hockey games but let's not make absurd comparisons between a National Championship Norwich team and this team.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    I should add, finishing 2nd in the regular season in as tough of a conference as the NEHC should be a noted accomplishment. This is not the 2003 ECAC East anymore.

However, I'm fully aware the expectation for Norwich hockey is to win the league and be in the tournament every year and that will still certainly be a tall order.

The good news is the goaltending situation is very strong and all you have to do is score one more goal than the other team at this point of the year.

1-0 and 2-1 wins matter just the same as 5-0 and 6-1.

Given the goal scoring unpredictability, it wouldn't shock me if Norwich loses in the first round (that would be a major disappointment on home ice) but I could also see them going all the way and pulling off the upset against Hobart with the right bounce of the puck in the league finals.

Exciting time of the year is upon on us! I'll be following along for sure and maybe even try and make it to the quarterfinal or semifinal if things work out for me at work and at home.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Day
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

MAYBE if everything fell perfectly and they lost to Hobart in the finals they might be able to snag a pool C? But my gut say they need to win the tournament to have a chance.
    "DITTO"

Steve Day (NU71)

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Norwich locks up the #2 seed and could have at least two home playoff games. Vital for how they’ve faired away from Kreitzberg this year.

It’s do or die time now.

MAYBE if everything fell perfectly and they lost to Hobart in the finals they might be able to snag a pool C? But my gut say they need to win the tournament to have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied
    Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post

But a Wick win and a Skidmore loss still means the #2 seed correct?
    Yes, still possible if they come out strong for entire game..

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    Now the possibility of no conference playoff games at home exists.
    But a Wick win and a Skidmore loss still means the #2 seed correct?

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied
    Now the possibility of no conference playoff games at home exists.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Big weekend in front of the Cadets. They have the tiebreaker on Skidmore right now and are the #2 seed. Potential for two games at Kreitzberg would be massive for a team that has been jekyl and hyde this year depending on what rink they are playing in.

Three games in last four with at least four goals. 3-0-1 record over that span.

Don't see anyone knocking off Hobart, but if Norwich can split next weekend or get at least four points and then win two games in NEHC tourney before losing to Hobart? Gotta think they'd have a shot at an at-large unless a ton of upsets happen in the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    Flint, I missed the game. What had you worked up?
    They were clearly the better team but let NEC hang around for two periods. After finally taking the lead, they almost immediately let NEC tie it back up.

fortunately, they absolutely dominated the 3rd period from the very start and put the Pilgrims away

Leave a comment:

• Bog Hockey
    replied
    Flint, I missed the game. What had you worked up?

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    I feel better

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    I’m a big believer in Ellsworth and a defender of the program, and will remain so.

In this exact moment, however, I want to punch a hole in my screen.

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Might be the best game of the year all things considered. Down two late in the third for a team that has trouble scoring goals... thought it was night night. Great comeback!

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    Only played one goalie, Nagle already out a few games, and gone for year. Doggett is swapped out for Lewis sometimes, or Leonard, Elliot had two shots according to box score.
    same lineup.
    Doggett is hurt. Elliott got hurt in the game and did not finish.

correct. Only played one goalie. With “#1” and #3 hurt you know what we were one play away from, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X