Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Hartford men's and women's hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMC View Post

I think somewhere in the debate over Hartford's drop it was suggested that the average Hartford student only pays $15k-$20k of the $50k sticker price.
    Yep. This is what is allowing the privates to survive, and in some cases thrive, while the publics are often struggling to fill beds. What this means "long term" for the privates' endowments is still to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post

Yep. This is what is allowing the privates to survive, and in some cases thrive, while the publics are often struggling to fill beds. What this means "long term" for the privates' endowments is still to be seen.
      I wonder how badly the stock market collapse this year is also hurting those endowments...
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

I wonder how badly the stock market collapse this year is also hurting those endowments...
        Yes, my thinking too.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post

I remember reading a while ago that some of the Ivy League schools could spend 1/4 of one percent of their endowments and let every student attend for free. Think about that, for lots of different reasons. Crazy.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I remember reading a while ago that some of the Ivy League schools could spend 1/4 of one percent of their endowments and let every student attend for free. Think about that, for lots of different reasons. Crazy.
            Their endowments are in the billions. Even a small school like Vassar has an endowment over a billion.

Comment

Meanwhile, some have some adjuncts working for free, claiming that being able to put "Instructor at Harvard" on their resumes is remuneration enough. Think about that!

Comment

What is Hartford's ice rink situation? Ice Hockey becomes quite pricey and a scheduling morass if an institution doesn't control its own ice.

Comment

Correct. Which is also why D3 schools are actually adding football instead of cutting it.
                  An article from 2014 when UNE was preparing to add football explaining it as a tuition and enrollment driver for small schools. A little info on the start up costs for the UNE hockey program too.

https://www.pressherald.com/2014/12/...w-team-at-une/

Comment

Working...
                  X