Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Adrian - Most dominant team in D3 history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

and still would have been better if everyone played last season. Stop trying to find the silver lining.
    Calling heavy BS on this claim. Perhaps they would have been but I believe playing a full season not only helped with extra experience together but also in recruiting. If I'm a recruit you bet your *** I'm putting a heavy edge towards the program that gets the most games.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

and tell us.... how do you tell do you measure this latest claim?
      Because they were that much better than anyone else in D3 this year. Nobody was beating them full strength. Not Utica, not St Norbert, not Geneseo or Oswego if they played last year. I see some have a hard time swallowing reality.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Adrian was missing 11 of the players in that Utica loss this year that ended up playing in the national championship including some HUGE ones in Ruffin, Gray, Luciani. No doubt the Pioneers still get credit for the win, but let's not pretend they beat a full strength Adrian squad in that game either.
        I had heard that they were down a couple of guys. I didn't realize it was 11.

For the record, (IMO) of course Adrian was hands-down best team in D-3 this season and has to be considered among the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Adrian was missing 11 of the players in that Utica loss this year that ended up playing in the national championship including some HUGE ones in Ruffin, Gray, Luciani.
          And they still managed to take 4 of the 6 available points at Utica.

And some Adrian parents I spoke with said despite the scores, SNC was a much tougher opponent than Utica this season. They said even though the Utica Aud was pretty full the crowd didn’t seem to know much about hockey and they speculated it would’ve been empty had they not been selling beer. They said everyone was really interested in the beer. (Insert winky emoji here - it’s called a joke folks.)
          Last edited by altazo; 03-29-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Because they were that much better than anyone else in D3 this year. Nobody was beating them full strength. Not Utica, not St Norbert, not Geneseo or Oswego if they played last year. I see some have a hard time swallowing reality.
            Another claim made on speculation and not empirical evidence. This year is not last year. You guys never learn.

Comment

1) I don’t believe for a second this happened
              2) Even if it did happen, why would an Adrian parent come up to you and say “Utica was actually better than you”
              3) You are the only one that keeps bringing up the fact Geneseo didn’t play last year. Nobody else brings this up, certainly not parents.

Adrian was significantly better than every team this year, and still would have been better if everyone played last season. Stop trying to find the silver lining.
              Yes, this did happen in the breakfast area at the Hampton. No, they did not come up to me. We were all discussing the game in close proximity and that led to several discussions--it was actually a very nice time. And, yes, the parents did ask why the SUNYAC didn't play any games last year, which led to the comment I'm referring to. I have no reason to lie. And why the hell can't I be proud of my team! You have a serious attitude problem.

Here's another "silver lining," since you seem to like them so much. Geneseo had to "replace" 136 points (53 goals, 83 assists) with the graduations of Keenan (SUNYAC player of the decade), Romano ( two time DIII points leader), and Empey (currently in the AHL), and still made the tournament finals this season. Who would have predicted that?
              Last edited by geneseo; 03-29-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post

Yes, this did happen in the breakfast area at the Hampton. No, they did not come up to me. We were all discussing the game in close proximity and that led to several discussions--it was actually a very nice time. And, yes, the parents did ask why the SUNYAC didn't play any games last year, which led to the comment I'm referring to. I have no reason to lie. And why the hell can't I be proud of my team! You have a serious attitude problem.

Here's another "silver lining," since you seem to like them so much. Geneseo had to "replace" 136 points (53 goals, 83 assists) with the graduations of Keenan (SUNYAC player of the decade), Romano ( two time DIII points leader), and Empey (currently in the AHL), and still made the tournament finals this season. Who would have predicted that?
                What a coincidence, I ran into 8 Cortland hockey parents last night at dinner. All of them said that Utica was far and away a better team than Geneseo. Take it for what it’s worth.

Comment

What a coincidence, I ran into 8 Cortland hockey parents last night at dinner. All of them said that Utica was far and away a better team than Geneseo. Take it for what it’s worth.
                  I said the same thing in my original post.

Given the way Geneseo played against Cortland, I might have said the same thing. Given that Geneseo shutout Utica and thoroughly dismantled a team/goalie that shutout Utica, I might say something different.
                  Last edited by geneseo; 03-30-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Nice mention for Adrian by Eddie O. tonight during the Red Wings v. Rangers game. Eddie seems to be one of the few elite level NHL announcers to mention DIII hockey occasionally.

(And now I wait for one of our regular forum combatants to claim that I made the whole thing up.)

Comment

Nice mention for Adrian by Eddie O. tonight during the Red Wings v. Rangers game. Eddie seems to be one of the few elite level NHL announcers to mention DIII hockey occasionally.

(And now I wait for one of our regular forum combatants to claim that I made the whole thing up.)
                      No, you were right, except I was in the booth with Eddie and he was speaking of Utica

Comment

His son coached at Utica maybe 10 or so years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

No, you were right, except I was in the booth with Eddie and he was speaking of Utica
                          Damn! Guess I just can't help myself!

Comment

Former Adrian player new USHL head coach.
                            https://fox11online.com/sports/hocke...dden-assistant
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                            X