2022 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    Actually, before USCHO, there was this pre-historic construct called a ListServ to which some of us dinosaurs subscribed. It functioned as a quasi message board, albeit via email. Some of those discussions were frankly Hall of Fame quality and provided entertainment before the internet existed.
    I miss hockey3.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
      In an effort to not let this thread get derailed like some of the others, here is today's schedule (with stream links!)

#15 Plymouth State @ #8 UNE - 7:00 EST (https://athletics.une.edu/sports/201...ock_watch.aspx)

#10 Elmira @ #7 Hobart - 7:00 EST (https://hwsathletics.com/watch/?Live=1289&type=Live)

#14 Trinity @ #5 Babson - 7:00 EST (https://babsonsportsnetwork.com/)

RV St. Olaf @ #6 St. Norbert - 8:00 EST (https://boxcast.tv/view/st-norbert-m...st-olaf-408179)
      I am going with the four home teams tonight..
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
        The winner of St Olaf and St Norbert travel to Augsburg. That winner goes to Placid. Those are all western teams. All these teams deserve to be in the playoffs but this is an unfair advantage. I believe the committees and the NCAA need to correct this. I would appreciate any follow up
        Hear me out...

12 team tournament
        Opening round matchup between the 12 seed (St Olaf) and the 5 seed (SNC).

Winner of that matchup plays the 4 seed (Augsburg).

That's literally the exact matchups you would have if they designed the bracket based on seeding.
        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Good point !!

Comment

Does anyone think D3 would ever expand to say a 16 team field for the NCAA's? Obviously, there must be some type of formula the NCAA uses based on the number of participating schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post

Hear me out...

12 team tournament
              Opening round matchup between the 12 seed (St Olaf) and the 5 seed (SNC).

Winner of that matchup plays the 4 seed (Augsburg).

That's literally the exact matchups you would have if they designed the bracket based on seeding.
              The setup also guarantees at least one west and two east teams at Lake Placid, while the final team COULD be either east or west. I think that works out well.

Go 'Wick!

Comment

Another valid observation. Seems like the committee tries to balance things out as best they can. GO LAKERS!! Oops, next year

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  The setup also guarantees at least one west and two east teams at Lake Placid, while the final team COULD be either east or west. I think that works out well.
                  Right. The alternative was QF matchups of St. Olaf vs Augsburg and SNC vs Adrian, with all 8 east teams playing in the opening round.
                  5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                    Does anyone think D3 would ever expand to say a 16 team field for the NCAA's? Obviously, there must be some type of formula the NCAA uses based on the number of participating schools.
                    There is a formula. And we barely got to 12 with that formula.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Hobart takes the 1-0 lead over Elmira at 7:50 of the first. Blake Coffey raced down the right side and let a wrister go.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Another stupid NCAA rule. Same crazy rules in all NCAA sports and levels. Let's re-write the formula to include a larger field.

Comment

What's the wind chill at the Hobart arena tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker89 View Post
                            Another stupid NCAA rule. Same crazy rules in all NCAA sports and levels. Let's re-write the formula to include a larger field.
                            No matter what formula is picked someone will complain. And the tournament runs at a loss. So no.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Zach Tyson, from in close, gives Hobart a 2-0 lead over Elmira at 13:21 of the first.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

PSU over UNE 2-0 in the first

Comment

Working...
                                X