Nescac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nescac

Hey there. I am probably missing the answer right in front of me, but does anyone know why the two Midd games in Maine were postponed? Since Williams is their travel partner and is playing their games against Colby and Bowdoin this weekend, it would suggest that the problem is with Midd. I am wondering if they have a covid problem and can't really announce that due to HIPPA? Anybody know?
    Last edited by neumyer; 11-20-2021, 01:46 PM.
    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Yes, games were cancelled due to a COVID outbreak on the Middlebury team.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      Wonder what the impact will be on the FirstLight tourney at Middlebury next week?

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post

Wonder what the impact will be on the FirstLight tourney at Middlebury next week?
        Not sure but you may want to follow along with this twitter account which seems to be in-the-know re. all things NESCAC hockey:

https://twitter.com/NESCACicehockey/...28328340189184

Comment

UMass-Boston takes a 1-0 lead over Amherst at 7:28 of the first in the consolation game of the Utica Tournament. Alex Duncan scored from the top of the left circle. Did not appear to be a dangerous shot, but it made its way through.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

UMB leads after one over Amherst, 2-0. Owen Bourdow scored on the PP. He brought the puck into the zone down the right side and was never contested. So, he skated it to the front of the net and easily beat the goalie.

Amherst had four excellent scoring chances, including two breakaways, but were all stopped by excellent saves by Connor McAnanama.

Besides the goals, UMB had two quality chances, including hitting the post.

Amherst committed a major boarding penalty at the end of the period. They already had 52 seconds left on another penalty kill.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Sure enough, UMB scores with the two-man advantage 48 seconds into the second to make it 3-0. Nolan Barrett shot a wide open wrister from the high slot.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

UMB's Chris Peters scored a super fancy goal to give the Beacons a 4-0 lead over Amherst at 13:11 of the second period.

He "undressed" one defenseman, cut across the crease, and flipped a backhander over the sprawling goalie.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Amherst looks like that don’t even want to be here right now. Not seeing same effort as last night.

Comment

Amherst breaks the shutout at 3:26 of the third period. Mitchell Shults knocks it in from the crease.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

UMass-Boston beat Amherst, 4-1. Amherst led on the shots, 28-24.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Abysmal showing this weekend for Nescac teams this weekend. 4-12-1

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          Is it confirmed that this outbreak was on the hockey team specifically?

I didn’t dig too deep, but what I read suggested that the school was reporting 10 active cases involving 7 students and 3 staff/professors. It didn’t specifically mention the hockey team.

Does Middlebury have some sort of protocol where all athletics are shut down if the school reaches a certain threshold of cases?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

I didn’t dig too deep, but what I read suggested that the school was reporting 10 active cases involving 7 students and 3 staff/professors. It didn’t specifically mention the hockey team.

Does Middlebury have some sort of protocol where all athletics are shut down if the school reaches a certain threshold of cases?
                            Right, I should have chosen my words more carefully. I meant to say that it was a problem on Middlebury's end; I have no direct knowledge of the hockey team's health situation.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

No other teams at Middlebury were shut down during that period so it would have to have been cases involving the hockey team specifically.

Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                              X