Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nescac

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Babson Inside View:


    https://twitter.com/BabsonAthletics/...network.com%2F


    Trinity Inside View:


    https://twitter.com/i/status/1501786852629614597


    So I had this from earlier this week:


    Early 5AM Tuesday Line "subject to change" is a Pick Em':

    Babson (19-5-2) -120 Over 5.5 +130
    Trinity (17-7-1) Even Under 5.5 -110


    No changes even though I just counted actual Calendar Days of which Babson has played a Game and since Feb 13th they have played 3 Games. That is 3 Games in 27 Days which is a ton of rest and getting guys back from injury. Plenty of practice time to fine tune everything so that could be an advantage for Babo or on the flip you could say maybe the team might need a Period to get "clicking" again as a team in a competitive Game. Usually though all that rest at the end of a season is never a bad thing especially when trying to get injured players back in the lineup. Also they still played 1 Game a week so they were not off for 2 weeks like the Bye teams now have. I feel like 2 weeks without a Game could become problematic for certain teams.




    Last edited by Mr.Right; 03-11-2022, 05:05 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

      You’re absolutely right. I’ve even heard "older" coaches say just that. "It’s a young man’s game now."

      Ok i'll bite...So when some of the HC's tell you that do you think they are referring to the recruiting aspect of it only or do you think there is much more to it?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mr.Right View Post


        Ok i'll bite...So when some of the HC's tell you that do you think they are referring to the recruiting aspect of it only or do you think there is much more to it?
        I think mainly the recruiting aspect. But overall it requires so much more time. For instance, there’s way more video analysis than ever before.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

          I think mainly the recruiting aspect. But overall it requires so much more time. For instance, there’s way more video analysis than ever before.
          And there are so many options for recruits. I think you really need to establish a personal connection, which, again, takes time, and make your program stand out from the others. It probably doesn't hurt to have an education degree or two.
          Last edited by geneseo; 03-11-2022, 09:37 PM.

          Comment


          • 4:45am. Get em Up.

            I wanted to congratulate Babson on their 3-0 Win over Trinity as I will recap the game when I get a chance in a day or two. A very competitive Game that in the end basically came down to Babson burying two of their chances and Trinity unable to score on any of their looks. Trinity had some real juicy opportunities but could not solve Babson G #30 Brad Arvanitis. I thought heading into the 3rd Period down 1-0 Trin would still find a way to Win the Game because I actually felt that Trinity slightly outplayed Babson in the 1st and 2nd Periods. Trinity however just could not score as once Babson found their 2nd Goal in the 3rd Period to make it 2-0 they clamped down hard for the final fifteen minutes and was just too experienced and disciplined to make any bad mistakes that Trinity could pounce on. I will recap it...Good Game.


            I caught the UNE v Plymouth State Game which was highly entertaining. UNE has a nice facility and their students and locals gave it a great atmosphere for the Game. I Love the extra High Ceiling to give the place a real spacious feel. The Plymouth State Seniors were devastated with the heartbreaking loss as I think it was in the opening minute of the 2nd OT when UNE scored. Plymouth State Goalie was playing well all Game but UNE had some zip in the step right out of the gates and the kid broke in and jammed the thing home. Place went nuts.

            NCAA Elite 8:

            8 Univ of New England at 2 Utica
            Utica Memorial Auditorium
            2:00 ET


            6 St. Norbert at 4 Augsburg
            Augsburg Ice Arena


            7 Hobart at 1 Adrian
            Arrington Ice Arena
            7:00 ET


            5 Babson at 3 Geneseo
            Ira S. Wilson Ice Arena
            7:00 ET

            Comment


            • I think the Babson at SUNY Geneseo Game will be real interesting. I saw Geneseo at Williams in January and thought they were dangerous. Geneseo Won 3-0 but Williams had them 0-0 late in the 2nd and that is when Geneseo used its depth and ripped the Game open late in the 2nd on the PP and then in the 3rd. Both Babson and Geneseo play similarly with speed in transition so will Babo come at them to begin the Game and take a risk? Or will Babson play a more cautious Game and take advantage of any opportunities given? I hope Babson goes at them and tries to find a Goal or two early and then play off their Goalie #30 Brad Arvanitis who has been playing very well.


              Trinity Lineup:

              #29 Jax Murray-#19 Lucas Michaud-#22 Gerard Maretta

              #9 Cole Poliziani-#17 Riley Prattson-#21 Kyle Tomaso

              #13 Devan Tongue-#16 Nick Siffringer-#27 Richard Boysen

              #12 Casey Rhodes-#11 Paul Selleck-#15 Connor Sundquist

              D:

              #20 John Campomenosi-#23 Andrew Troy

              #28 Eamon Doheny-#24 Ned Blanchard

              #3 Kevin O'Leary-#5 Teddy Griffin

              19th: D-#8 Jacob Borgida

              Goal: #35 J.P. Mella


              Babson Lineup:


              #9 Ryan Black-#14 Thomas Kramer-#8 Mike Egan

              #19 Paul Boutoussov-#25 Matt Weisner-#16 Wyatt George

              #21 Hunter Garlasco-#17 Chris Rooney-#23 Max Torrez

              #18 Jack Nisbet-#11 Trevor Marcinick-#24 Andrew Holland

              19th: #12 Matt Cormier

              D:

              #10 John Corrigan-#2 Colby Bailey

              #22 James Perullo-#26 Ryan Campbell

              #6 Cole Sanderson-#3 Cam Schmitt


              G: #30 Brad Arvanitis
              Last edited by Mr.Right; 03-16-2022, 09:00 PM.

              Comment


              • Pre-Game Babson Hype:

                https://twitter.com/i/status/1505205301133332485

                Babson getting real good at these I wonder if they will get a chance to produce another one after tonight?

                Comment


                • Congratulations to the Middlebury women who won their fourth NCAA championship in OT over Gustavus Adolphus 3-2 after having the equalizer scored on them with .1 seconds left in regulation.
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                    Congratulations to the Middlebury women who won their fourth NCAA championship in OT over Gustavus Adolphus 3-2 after having the equalizer scored on them with .1 seconds left in regulation.

                    Yes...Unreal a perfect season with a great crowd at Home to finish it off. Reminds me of the days when D3 Championships would be hosted by 1 of the 4 NCAA Final 4 Teams which I know in Men's Soccer changed after 2003. That was the best part of your season if you could get to the NCAA Final 4 and host on your field(Ice, court whatever).

                    Highlights:

                    https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...adolphus-recap



                    Last edited by Mr.Right; 03-25-2022, 12:12 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Former Babson star Ryan Black scores his first D1 Goal and it was a thing of beauty. 1st Goal of the Highlight 60 seconds into the Game. UNH is 3-2-0

                      https://youtu.be/4ivjveFJmgg

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mr.Right View Post
                        Former Babson star Ryan Black scores his first D1 Goal and it was a thing of beauty. 1st Goal of the Highlight 60 seconds into the Game. UNH is 3-2-0

                        https://youtu.be/4ivjveFJmgg
                        WOW great hands

                        Comment


                        • Odds to Win Nescac

                          Trinity -180

                          Colby +140

                          Williams +240

                          Amherst +280

                          Hamilton +280

                          Midd +300

                          Wes +320

                          Conn +360

                          Bowdoin +400

                          Tufts +400


                          Who are ur non league 6?

                          Ranked from strongest to weakest


                          Williams- v Babson, at Geneseo, v Adrian(neutral), Oswego/St.A's(neutral), v Albertus, at Plattsburgh


                          Colby- v UMB, J&W(neutral), at Hobart, at Elmira, v UNE, at USM


                          Trinity- v Albertus, v Post, v Babson, at Hobart, v Curry(neutral), at Norwich


                          Hamilton- at Albertus, Canton(neutral), at Potsdam, at Trine, at Trine, at Geneseo


                          Amherst- at St M's, at Geneseo, v Babson, v Nazareth, v Nazareth, v Anna Maria


                          Midd- v Plattsburgh(neutral), Norwich/Aurora, v Manhattanville, v UNE/Cortland, v Plattsburgh, at Norwich


                          Tufts- v Babson, at SNHU, UMD / NEC(neutral), v Albertus, at UMB


                          Wesleyan- v Post, v Albertus, v Endicott, at Anna Maria, v SNHU, at Albertus


                          Conn- v Manhattanville, v Salem St, v Assumption, at Albertus, v Endicott, at Salem St


                          Bowdoin- v J&W(neutral), v UMB, at USM, v St.A's, v USM, v Rivier


                          Best Quote of the Summer:

                          “Judaism has been a huge part of instilling me with the morals I have and given me my backbone. And hockey is a big part of my life too. Hockey is what brought me to Colby,”

                          Clay Korpi ’24 after winning Gold this summer with his US team at the 2022 World Maccabiah Games.

                          Four Colby Athletes and Three Alumni Compete for USA at World Maccabiah Games - Colby College (colbyathletics.com)


                          Eyebrow Raising Quote of the Summer:

                          "Yeah, I don't know much about it, but I hear it's pretty awesome."

                          New Bowdoin HC Ben Guite on the Colby / Bowdoin Men's Hockey Rivalry


                          Fantastico........

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mr.Right View Post
                            Odds to Win Nescac

                            Trinity -180

                            Colby +140

                            Williams +240

                            Amherst +280

                            Hamilton +280

                            Midd +300

                            Wes +320

                            Conn +360

                            Bowdoin +400

                            Tufts +400


                            Who are ur non league 6?

                            Ranked from strongest to weakest


                            Williams- v Babson, at Geneseo, v Adrian(neutral), Oswego/St.A's(neutral), v Albertus, at Plattsburgh


                            Colby- v UMB, J&W(neutral), at Hobart, at Elmira, v UNE, at USM


                            Trinity- v Albertus, v Post, v Babson, at Hobart, v Curry(neutral), at Norwich


                            Hamilton- at Albertus, Canton(neutral), at Potsdam, at Trine, at Trine, at Geneseo


                            Amherst- at St M's, at Geneseo, v Babson, v Nazareth, v Nazareth, v Anna Maria


                            Midd- v Plattsburgh(neutral), Norwich/Aurora, v Manhattanville, v UNE/Cortland, v Plattsburgh, at Norwich


                            Tufts- v Babson, at SNHU, UMD / NEC(neutral), v Albertus, at UMB


                            Wesleyan- v Post, v Albertus, v Endicott, at Anna Maria, v SNHU, at Albertus


                            Conn- v Manhattanville, v Salem St, v Assumption, at Albertus, v Endicott, at Salem St


                            Bowdoin- v J&W(neutral), v UMB, at USM, v St.A's, v USM, v Rivier


                            Best Quote of the Summer:

                            “Judaism has been a huge part of instilling me with the morals I have and given me my backbone. And hockey is a big part of my life too. Hockey is what brought me to Colby,”

                            Clay Korpi ’24 after winning Gold this summer with his US team at the 2022 World Maccabiah Games.

                            Four Colby Athletes and Three Alumni Compete for USA at World Maccabiah Games - Colby College (colbyathletics.com)


                            Eyebrow Raising Quote of the Summer:

                            "Yeah, I don't know much about it, but I hear it's pretty awesome."

                            New Bowdoin HC Ben Guite on the Colby / Bowdoin Men's Hockey Rivalry


                            Fantastico........
                            . Yes The Maccabi Games are AWESOME!!!...my daughter played and captained for Team USA U16 Volleyball and won the gold vs. Isreal in probably the best game I have watched,I have have watched a lot of volleyball,ugh...we won in 5 sets 16-14...That said it's also a great way for the kids to see and get to know Isreal,she also keeps in touch with her teammates from all over the USA....p.s you don't have to be fully jewish to play...

                            Comment


                            • Yea great to hear backdraft21. I am sure it is a great experience for these guys and gals. Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed it.

                              Comment


                              • This was the October Recruiting push


                                Midd- Celebrating 100 years of Hockey all season.


                                Middlebury To Celebrate 100 Years Of Men’s Ice Hockey - Middlebury College



                                Message----Come and play for a storied program that is just dripping with history while also getting a great liberal arts education.



                                Williams- Celebrating the Class of 22' by making sure that 5 out of the 6 Seniors they chose to highlight are joining the best of the best in Investment Banking.

                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe5BNPgX...jpg&name=small

                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Feut_STW...jpg&name=small

                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FefRPm4W...jpg&name=small

                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeU-CFUW...jpg&name=small

                                https://twitter.com/WilliamsMHockey/...325761/photo/1

                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeKBv6KW...jpg&name=small



                                Message----Come to Williams and you will join a long line of former players working for the best global banks in the world. Even if you have no interest in said banks, it is easier to just get you down that road anyway. More $$$$ long run. Oh, right yea by the way, we also have a Hockey team. We take it seriously and try to compete for titles every year. Seriously this is not a club outfit, WE ARE NOT WILLIAMS BASEBALL.
                                Last edited by Mr.Right; 11-09-2022, 08:45 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X