Nescac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Look Who Gettin' Hungry..."

Midd defeated Conn 5-3 in New London on Tuesday in a spirited and competitive game especially for two teams tipping the scales under .500. I thought it was an entertaining up and down game for 1.5 Periods. However, Midd's 2nd Goal of the game in the 2nd Period to even things up 2-2 seemed to sort of sap the mentality of Conn. This can happen when you are on losing streaks and they looked frustrated and not willing to deal with the adversity that they knew was coming. Losing can wear you down mentally but you gotta try to be as resilient as you can. Midd's 2nd Goal to even things up was frustrating for Conn because it came off a rebound as Midd's #12 Cole Joslin got on the inside of Conn defenseman #17 Eric Fournier and beat him into position right on the post and Fournier could not move him. The rebound was easily buried by Joslin. Nice play by Midd #2 Jack Clarner to drive the net and shoot to get things started for Joslin's Goal and frankly the best effort on the Goal did not even show up on the stat sheet. #29 Matt Myers started the whole play in the neutral zone when he played #2 on the weak side to catch Conn on its heels and late.

As we entered the 3rd Period the score was 2-2. Anyone's game. Until the actual game started. I have no idea what was said in between periods to either team but Midd flat out came to play and Conn did not. Midd had all the energy and positive vibes after scoring 17 seconds into the Period off of another rebound Goal that came from a 2v1 as Junior Captain D #18 Bret Pastor got his 1st Goal of the year. Midd started the Period with Junior Captain and their scoring leader #23 Emack Bentley 4-7-11 at LW, C #22 Capello and Frosh #77 Wyatt Pastor 1-2-3 at RW. Conn gave the Puck over in the Neutral Zone as Capello got a hold of the puck and played the Frosh Pastor on the strong side boards. Pastor somehow squeezed the puck down the Ice past Conn's #5 Radochia who was on Pastor like glue to Emack who was moving off puck to the opposite wing. So you now have the LW Emack with the puck on the RW Half Boards, Capello charging towards Goal from the Neutral Zone to create the 2v1 as he noticed Radochia was 2 skates behind the play and now uh oh big bro Brett Pastor is trailing right behind Capello on Goal. Emack had his eyes up with the Puck on his stick the entire time and flicked it right to Capello charging in on Goal but Conn's G #30 Cam Fernandez made the Save. The veteran Pastor who was trailing right behind Capello buried the wide open rebound. Very smart to trail your teammate to goal on any odd man rushes. I mean it was like Capello was making a trail with Pastor coming in right behind. A Rebound bonanza.

Midd's 4th Goal was all Frosh. #29 Matt Myers athletically keeping the Puck alive right near the Blue Line after a blocked shot and then unselfishly played #3 Andrew Malatesta for the easy finish and then Malatesta ignored him in "the celey". As if Malatesta did all the work and Myers is just joining "the celey" as the last guy in. Ridiculous. That's a favor owed. Seeyou need to keep track of these things.

Midd's 5th Goal was all #98 Antoine Belisle 2-4-6 who works hard and does everything right and with speed plus can change the direction of a game with one hit. He does not let opponents off easy when he is a Puck hunting but will accumulate Pens with his aggressiveness . Belisle scored his 1st and 2nd Goal's of the season against Conn and needs one more to match his Frosh year. This Goal was a fantastic off Puck read that got him free in the slot with space to shoot and he scored. Completly lost his defender.

Conn's Goalie #31 Cam Fernandez got chased for the 2nd straight Game as #1 Sean Dynan replaced him after the 5th Goal. Personally I do not know what happened to the Senior #35 Mike McHale as I thought he played well v Colby and was surprised when he was not starting at Tufts the next game because he looked the most confident in that Goal to my eyes. Of course my eyes mean nothing but anyway maybe he got injured / Covid. Either way Conn needs to pick one Goalie now and stick with him the rest of the way and the Senior would be where I am going.

Midd PK:
    Against Conn Midd was using a Passive 1-3 Neutral Zone ForeCheck on the kill. #23 Emack Bentley the "1" and then three good puck retrievers and stick handlers as your "3" in order. #22 Capello, #3 Malatesta and #18 Pastor. 2nd Line was #98 Belisle for Emack Bentley with #12 Joslin, #6 Dubinsky and #33 Mangan. This is like a Prevent Defense so no stretch passes but the Top guy is the most important as he needs to create as much pressure as he can or the opponent will have the Neutral Zone to work and build up their attack and speed.

"Tough Start"
    Middlebury got off to a tough start this season by having all their games cancelled except two in the 1st Half of the year because of Covid. My guess is their practices during this time, if they were even having practice to begin with, was a hodgepodge of players coming and going with the Covid. So with no games and sporadic practices for two months this team of whippersnappers really began their season on Jan 1st. That means they have now played 17 Games in 45 Days which is a Game every 2.7 Days on avg which means even now they really have not had a chance to get 3 Days straight of Full Practice time because of Games, Walk Thru's and Days off. That is a challenging environment to procure real player development and fix bad habits. It would also be hard to implement team tactics and set plays with a different set of players at each practice. Midd is one of the more inexperienced teams in the league(only 3 listed Seniors on the roster) however they do have a core of veterans and reclassified JR's. Midd has a lot of guys that have reclassified and that is a good sign of commitment to the program and hunger that the players have to want to keep playing and improving. All of a sudden though these veterans are starting to gel nicely with the hungry ankle biters. This has given Midd the wherewithal to play their most consistent Hockey of the season at just the right time. They sit in 10th Place at 4-12-3(3-11-2) but have Won 2 straight Road Games to improve to 2-5-1 on the Road with 2 more games at Amherst and at Hamilton to finish out the regular season. This is perfect preparation for a Conference Tournament as Midd will be plenty comfortable to play its game on the Road by the time the Puck drops for the two Friday Night Play-In Games.

They have had some growing pains Defensively, in Goal and especially moving the puck out of their D-Zone with all the giveaway's. Every opponent that I have seen play Midd is on an aggressive forecheck to put early pressure on their D-Men and force turnovers. From what I have seen and I saw them Live at Williams on Saturday they have improved in all three of these areas. Defensively they look much more organized and focused with not nearly the amount of mistakes that were happening early on in the year. In Goal Midd had been using both 6'3 210lb Reclassified Soph #31 Jake Horoho and the 6'1 190lb reclassified JR #1 Adam Wisco and each play a different type of Game and that is good to have, however Horoho looks like for now he has won the job to finish the year starting in 5 straight Games after relieving Wisco 25 seconds into the 2nd Period at Home v Conn at the end of January. I was literally standing 20 feet from Horoho for 2 Periods against Williams and was impressed with not only his game but his athleticism and focus. The kid is an athlete and was controlling rebounds and pouncing on them faster than I expected. I mean he saved everything that Williams threw at him. His issue from the games I have seen on the stream had been on shots from the Point with heavy screens to take him out of the play. When a Goalie is screened its a 60/40 chance the Puck will hit him for a Save or miss him for a Goal(good odds in this sport). Most Shots are coming in as hard as the shooters can rip them but the one that comes in at just one-tenth the speed is harder for him to stop. Also Love the American and Italian flags on the back of his Goalie Mask which is his way of honoring his roots. A Bowl of piping hot Pasta Pomodoro after the game would be a nice way to get into touch with your roots too but the East Greenwich, RI native is not greedy as he understands its box lunches and dining hall substance or starve.

What does Middlebury do best statistically? They Win F/O's. Winning or Losing Faceoffs can mean Winning or Losing Games in College Hockey. If Williams understood how to keep F/O statistics we would have seen a huge Middlebury Win margin as they seemingly were winning everything all game. Senior Captain #22 Tyler Capello 2-4-6, 214/377 56% Wins and Frosh sensation #78 Jin Lee 5-5-10, 164/270 for a 61% Win ratio are their "Puck-Off" warriors. Capello has taken the most F/O's on average in the league. #98 Antoine Belisle and #29 Matt Myers also are very adept at the Faceoff. The 6'1 195lb Frosh #78 Jin Lee had some game against Williams with the second "hatty" by a Nescac Player over the weekend. Lee missed out on Nescac POW because his 3rd was an EN'er. He is 2nd on the team with 50 Shots and he is a strong kid on the boards and quick on the forecheck. He has plenty of courage to get in front of the net and battle for positioning. Good young player.

Top Player Stat Line for a 4-12-3 team.

Soph #5 D Nolan Moore 16GP 1-6-7 +4.
    Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-17-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Amuse and Divert:

Home Team on Bottom Row.

Conn: 5-12-3 (4-10-2) (+1 +120) Over 5 -130
      Bowdoin: 6-9-4 (6-7-3) (-1 -145) Under 5 +110

Trinity: 12-7-1 (10-5-1) (-.5 -120) Over 5 +130
      Wesleyan: 10-9-3 (8-5-3) (+.5 Even) Under 5 -110

Williams: 9-10-0 (9-7-0) (+.5 -120) Over 4.5 -180
      Hamilton: 10-8-0 (9-7-0) (-.5 EVEN) Under 4.5 +160

Middlebury: 4-12-3 (3-11-2) (+.5 +110) Over 5.5 +145
      Amherst: 9-10-2 (8-7-1) (-.5 -110) Under 5.5 -165

Tufts: 5-13-2 (5-9-2) (+1 -120) Over 5.5 +140
      Colby: 13-5-2 (10-4-2) (-1 Even) Under 5.5 -160

Conn College Randoms:
      Conn College had a student announcer for a Game last Weekend and he did a good job with his knowledge of the Game but he also knew the players so he gave us some great insight into what this team is like off the Ice.

I caught some as I was watching.

- #18 Frosh Bjorn "The Dog" Schuepbach.

- #34 Junior Younghoon Choi not only is a skilled Hockey player who had a great goal off a breakaway against Hamilton but apparently a dangerous 3 Point Shooter in his spare time.

- #27 Quatieri and #21 Capozzi are not only linemates but roommates. Apparently there have been 2 absolute brawls between the two where teammates had to break it up and pick them up off the floor as punches were thrown to the stomach(no ribs as these guys are smart) but then only 10 minutes later Capozzi and Quatieri would be laughing and finishing each other's sentences again. "Pazzo di Capozzi and Quatieri".

-#5 Rob "Hollywood" Radochia was the darkest. The stories the announcer told were almost alarming. First of all since when is Hollywood scouting for talent in Woburn, MA? For the last twenty-five years Woburn's Town Motto has been "Just Drink the Damn Water its Clean Now!". Apparently, Radochia "starred" in a new Netflix Movie "Don't Look Up" which is in the Fantasy / Disaster category. Serious. I had no idea "Disaster" was even a category now. I have not seen the movie but the announcer was plugging it like 3-4 times and because of its popularity Radochia has been in high demand. With that demand his head has swelled. His ego and imagination of his own self importance have gone thru the roof. He has become as the announcer said "very high-maintenance". Anything his teammates want to do with him it is always "go thru my agent first". If they want to talk to him about a play in the game that HE screwed up on, Radochia puts his big paw in the air and stops them short "Guys I am the same guy as you knew before the movie hit big, I have not changed at all as you guys all know that however you know my rule GO THRU MY AGENT FIRST". So his teammates just deal and kind of put up with him because the old Radochia they really liked and he is still a solid blueliner that they need to Win games.

Comment

Midd at Amherst Recap:

Midd travelled down to Amherst on Friday night and picked up its 3rd straight Road Win as they improve to 5-12-3 (4-11-2) and 3-5-1 on the Road. Midd is playing some of its best Hockey in this run and at just the perfect time. Amherst drops to 9-11-2 (8-8-1) with a Home record of 4-4-2.

This was a competitive Game to watch as both teams brought some serious energy and life to the Game. A very even Game for 1.5 Periods with both teams scoring Goals and creating good scoring chances. I thought Midd had an edge the first 1.5 Periods and grabbed a 2-0 lead out of it but the tide turned once #26 Matteo Mangiardi got Amherst on the board. Amherst was playing with persistence and looked confident in possession of the Puck and hunting it right back with speed and discipline if they lost it. Amherst had Midd pinned into its D-Zone for a couple different stretches late in the 2nd and in the 3rd but could not squeeze a 3rd Goal. Credit to Midd for bending not breaking as G #31 Jake Horoho continues his great play in Goal and the Defense worked extra hard that last 1.5 with some guys getting heavy minutes to end Regulation. Midd had a couple bad giveaway's in bad areas of the Ice but were able to recover. They have been using the super fast Winger #19 Chris Garbe 5-4-9 to help out as a Puck Carrier the past few games that I have seen and for the 2nd consecutive Game he managed to carry the Puck 200 feet while leaving all 5 opposing Skaters in the dust. The talented Soph now needs to work on burying the chances he is getting off of these rushes or feed his teammates. Garbe is a good player as his Skating Speed while he still is in control of the Puck is fantastic. If Midd was in real danger in the D-Zone they would just Ice the Puck because if you are close to Winning 60% of your F/O's it is safer to just Ice the Puck when unsure. The 3v3 OT was ALL MIDD. Midd looked plenty comfortable and happy to be playing 3v3 and Amherst did not. Midd's #98 Antoine Belisle would Win the Game with about a minute left. Still Amherst grabs 1 point and every Point matters now. I felt Amherst focus, discipline and effort were much improved from last Weekend's Tufts Game.

The players brought energy which is more than I can say for the crowd. The crowd needs something to get them going because after all they are not the ones playing the game. This is a 60 minute Game and the crowd can only stay crazy for so long which is why you need to activate them when you feel you need them most in the Game. This should not be a decision just arbitrarily made as this should and can be part of your Home advantage especially indoors where noise just builds. The students need a shift or two of serious Forechecking with hard hitting and the whole Line throwing their weight around. That easily fires up the student body which is exactly what Wesleyan did last weekend and their crowd responded. Amherst had a great crowd now the team has to find a combination / Line to really fire them up.

Goal Recap:

1st Period:

Midd 1-0 from the hard work of Senior #37 Zach Shapiro behind the Amherst Goal as he completely stripped Amherst #21 Michael Pitts of the Puck. Shapiro played the puck immediately in what was a cagey pass from behind the Goal right into the front of net where a charging #14 Paddy Bogart had a free look and buried it upper left corner. Amherst G #30 Dan Dachille had no chance.

2nd Period:

Midd 2-0 Another Midd pass from behind the net this time by #6 Billy Dobensky found #13 Zach Milton wide open just inside the blueline. The Deerfield Academy product snapped a free wrister thru about 4 players and found the 1st Goal of his career. Milton's shot should be replayed over and over for the Players as he kept that Puck ON THE ICE. Had he lifted one it would have been easily blocked or deflected as there were 3 Players and the Goalie to get thru. These are the most dangerous shots IMO because the shots that are kept on Ice have a much better % of not being blocked or deflected and either finding the Goal or allowing for a juicy Rebound.

Midd 2-1 as this was Amherst #26 Matteo Mangiardi's Goal to get Amherst on the board. Mangiardi is 2-2-4 in his last 3 Games. The work on this Goal was all done by the Senior #4 Sean Wrenn. The Nobles product stripped Midd's #78 Jin Lee behind the Midd Goal and found himself with multiple options with the Puck on his stick from behind the Goal and with an extra second or two to calmly make his decision. Wrenn made the correct play as he found Mangiardi wide open in the slot for the Goal.

2-2. This was a nice Goal as well. #25 Ryan Tucker picked up a loose Puck in the Neutral Zone and made a smart pass to #41 Matt Toporowski just inside the blueline. Tucker immediately started driving towards Goal after the pass to Toporowski which gave Amherst a 3v2 advantage. Toporowski with his head up and great vision makes a clever pass across the Ice splitting the Midd defenders and getting the Puck to the weak side to a wide open #20 Ben Kuzma. Kuzma calmly ties the Game up.

3rd Period:

No Goals. Amherst did lose #25 Ryan Tucker about 2 minutes into the Period as he skated right from the bench off the Ice never to return to the Game. Maybe an injury or who knows but he was missed for sure in the 3v3 OT.

OT:

3-2 Midd Winner as it was the #98 Antoine Belisle show. 2nd consecutive Game he has scored a Goal and you could tell he wanted it. He got fed a nice pass from his teammate #5 Nolan Moore as Belisle had made a nice cut towards net but Amherst G Dachille was up to the task. However, Belisle collected his own rebound, spun up the boards heading towards the point but then cut at the Half Boards and drove hard towards Goal and into the slot area where he snapped a free wrister by Dachille. He was pumped. Midd was Pumped. Big Win for that team but now they have to concentrate and try to be resilient for the whole 60 minutes. They escaped the 3rd Period but they might not the next game so the veterans need to make sure the young guys stay disciplined and focused throughout and vice versa if your a youngster and you see something wrong during a game say something. Open your mouth. The Upperclassman might thank you later.

Comment

And this is the reason we love NESCAC hockey. The final standing in the league come down to the games on the last day of the season. And sometimes not even then (According to the NESCAC rules, everything else being equal ranking is determined by a coin flip). Trinity and Colby are both fighting for the top spot in the league. Wesleyan, Hamilton, Williams and Amherst are all angling for the last two home slots in the QF round, with Tufts, Middlebury, and Conn all looking to take the last home slot in the first round. Win or loose Bowdoin is firmly in the #8 position and hosting a first round game. I make no predictions on how this will turn out.

Comment

With the Colby / Conn College game getting underway two hours late because of issues with the ice, Colby comes up with a 4-0 win at home to win the NESCAC regular season. The tournament comes up as (If I read this correctly):

Friday First round:
            Conn College @ Amherst for the #7 seed
            Tufts @ Middlebury for the #8 seed

Saturday first round:
            Bowdoin @ Williams
            Wesleyan @ Hamilton

Sunday first round:
            Tufts/Middlebury winner @ Colby
            Conn College/Amherst winner @ Trinity

With the QF / Finals hosted at the highest remaining seed.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoneslo View Post
              With the Colby / Conn College game getting underway two hours late because of issues with the ice, Colby comes up with a 4-0 win at home to win the NESCAC regular season. The tournament comes up as (If I read this correctly):

Friday First round:
              Conn College @ Amherst for the #7 seed
              Tufts @ Middlebury for the #8 seed

Saturday first round:
              Bowdoin @ Williams
              Wesleyan @ Hamilton

Sunday first round:
              Conn College/Amherst winner @ Trinity

With the QF / Finals hosted at the highest remaining seed.
              Here's how I read it:

Friday First round:
              Conn College @ Bowdoin for the #7 seed
              Middlebury @ Tufts for the #8 seed

Saturday first round:
              Amherst @ Williams
              Hamilton @ Wesleyan

Sunday first round:
              Conn College/Bowdoin winner @ Trinity

Comment

Williams at Amherst Recap Saturday 2-19:

Senior's from any Sport from these two rivals usually take their last Williams / Amherst Game with the utmost vigilance. Their competitiveness and will to Win in this particular Game gets manifested as the players are also fighting for League Standing and trying to earn a Home Playoff Game. This Game had both teams exhibiting their skill and work rate and both were staying disciplined within their respective systems. Williams G #31 Evan "Rusch" Ruschil had his best Game of the Year and Williams took advantage of a couple opportunities in the Offensive Zone and that ended up being enough too down Amherst 3-1 at Orr Rink. This was the Regular Season Finale for both teams as Williams gets back to .500 with a record of 10-10-1 (10-7-1) with Amherst dropping its 3rd straight Game and falls to 9-12-2 (8-9-1). With the well earned Tie last night at Hamilton the Ephs will take home 4.5/6 Points in a very challenging 2-Game Road swing. Amherst has to be disappointed as they only came away with 1 Point from the Weekend and I am sure will be heading on the road for their Nescac Quarterfinal. I have no idea how the Playoffs line up or who is playing who and where because I am still watching the entertaining Trin at Wes Game from Friday Night. The Little 3 is a Century old tradition and I am not sure if they will decide it on Points or W's and L's. If it is Points Wesleyan is the Little 3 Champion of 21-22, if W's and L's then it will be a Tie for the Little 3 Title between Wesleyan and Williams. The History of all three schools is fascinating including athletics and actually all 3 "barns" have a rich history.

Williams Lines:

#13 Cooligan-#10 Forrest-#9 Niko
                #25 Altmann-#27 Clarke-#12 Carso
                #24 Rashkovsky-#14 Cates-#20 Muller
                #17 Tobin-#16 O.Stadheim-#19 Monroe

D-Men:
                #7 Alsaif-#6 Lawrick
                #18 Prout-#3 Sutton
                #22 Pinto #4 Kucharski
                Xtra D man: #8 Frates

Amherst Lines:

#26 Mangiardi-#21 Pitts-#4 Wrenn
                #24 Q.Fox-#9 Shults-#19 Powers
                #8 B.Luca-#41 Toporowski-#20 Kuzma
                #13 Rex-#12 Bourque-#23 Lichman

D-Men:
                #3 McGunigle-#11 von Steinbergs
                #16 McGinnis-#14 Verkerke
                #5 Kimball-#2 Breen
                Xtra D man: #10 Thiessen

1st Period:

Two teams feeling the Game out with Amherst getting a few quality chances that Williams G Ruschil came up big on and saved. Williams also got a few looks as well but not quite as dangerous. Williams Soph D #6 Ben Lawrick had a great game with one of his most important hits against Amherst #2 Conor Breen who was Puck Carrier from Amherst D Zone on this particular play and was skillfully using his speed and skating to weave in and out while then sharply cutting into the slot area about to shoot when Lawrick came motoring over and rung Breen's Bell while cleaning up any danger from that Rush. Amherst out possessed and out shot Williams in the 1st but it was 0-0 after one.

2nd Period:

Amherst continued possessing nicely to start the 2nd Period until the Game was turned on its head by a Williams Goal.

Williams 1-0. This was a set play and not only simple and well designed it was played out to perfection. There was a F/O called in the Williams Defensive Zone. Williams noticed that Amherst RD #11 von Steinbergs was cheating inside to the Center of the Ice on this F/O deep in the Williams zone. Williams C #27 Sean Clarke 4-9-13 Won the F/O as he slid the Puck to Williams D #4 Connor Kucharski who was on Clarke's right side next to the boards. As soon as Williams #12 Mac Carso saw that Clarke Won the F/O he broke as fast as he could up the Ice from Williams Goaline. So Kucharski has the Puck off the F/O Win on the Low Boards in his own end and spins around to rip an incredible Pass across the ICE and perfectly hitting off the Opposite Boards. The Puck then flies right off the Boards and completely past an out stretched #11 von Steinbergs and right into the path of Williams #12 Carso who was about 3 skates ahead of the next closest defender Amherst #3 McGunigle. Carso now is in 1v1 on Amherst G #30 Dan Dachille and showed why he is such an important Goalscorer for the Ephs. With his speed, stick handling and most importantly composure he faked a backhand which Dachille bit for and then calmly flicked it top shelf. Great Goal for Carso who is now 5-4-9 and is Williams Top Goal Scorer right now along with C #10 Jack Forrest 5-1-6. Great Pass from Kucharski as you can have all the Set Play's you want but if you do not have the players to execute them they are useless.

1-1. Amherst Goal. Amherst #21 Michael Pitts from just inside the Blueline shooting what looked to be a harmless enough shot and right at Ruschil and beat him 5-hole to even the Game up. Ruschil was p*ssed at himself but he made too many BIG Saves in this 2nd period alone and all Game that Ruschil moved past the mistake quickly and regained his focus and composure because nothing and I mean nothing else beat him. Including a dangerous wraparound by Amherst #41 Matt Toporowski but the best maybe was a play as time was running down in the 2nd Period. Amherst had the Puck behind Williams Goal and I cannot remember who played the Pass but it went right into a charging #16 Connor McGinnis who was stuffed at the buzzer by "Rusch" who had come out of his net while extending his Torso to get real big to make the fantastic stop. Williams Defenseman #6 Ben Lawrick also came up big saving a possible Goal from Amherst #24 Quint Fox by catching him on the break and using his stick to thwart a chance from Fox who was in alone on Goal. 1-1 to end the 2nd.

3rd Period:

Two minutes into the Period Amherst #41 Toporowski commits a costly Cross Checking Penalty as he goes for the extra hit on Williams #17 Connor Tobin in Williams Defensive Zone. Toporowski was one of Amherst best players on the Ice today as a Frosh with his constant hustle and fierce work ethic. I really like his Game as he can play Heavy but also has real solid skill. Great vision on the Ice and he is going to be a handful in the coming years. The penalty though was a Frosh mistake as the Puck was 200 feet from his Goal two minutes into the Period and he just got over aggressive while Puck hunting. Emotions are running high, the kid is busting his butt and sometimes these things happen however it eventually cost Amherst the Game.

Williams 2-1. Williams PP used #9 Niko-#10 Forrest-#13 Cooligan-#7 Alsaif-#6 Lawrick. It was #13 Tyler Cooligan 3-1-4 and #9 Niko 3-10-13 creating a little havoc and 2v1 in front of the net, spinning out and then crisscrossing back in forcing Amherst defenseman #3 McGunigle and Goalie #30 Dachille to choose who to take out of the play. Williams #7 Faisal Alsaif threw a wrister on Goal from the Point but Dachille could not control the rebound and Cooligan buried it. Cooligan was throwing his weight around today and is playing well on the Top Line at LW with Forrest and Niko. He is starting to play like his old linemate of 2019-2020 #6 Beniers who NEVER let anyone off easy and got the most out of his ability anytime on the Ice. Cooligan's PP Goal absolutely silenced the building as Amherst had a decent crowd for an afternoon game but again the team did not activate them at all.

Once Williams had their lead and the Game hit about 12 minutes Williams started to really slow the Game down. Dump and Chase, Forcing F/O's in Amherst end, Icing, more whistles etc etc etc. Very hard for any team to get a rhythm playing against that.

Williams 3-1. #10 Jack Forrest was released by a great saucer pass from Niko in the Neutral Zone who caught Amherst Defenseman 316 Connor McGinnis cheating high up Ice and Forrest with Cooligan had a 2v1. Cooligan got the Puck and shot it with Forrest smartly following it up and burying.

Game Pucks:
                1."Rusch" Williams
                2."Topo" Amherst
                3."Niko" Williams

Next Recap: Trinity at Wesleyan Friday Night.
                Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-19-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Middlebury is finally playing well. It would not surprise me if they defeat Tufts in the first round and then no one after that will be excited to face them in the tournament.
                  Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Trinity at Wesleyan Friday Night 2-18 Recap:

That was the preeminent Game of Friday Night and one of the more entertaining College Hockey Games I have seen this year. It was played fast, physical and with talent showing on both rosters. Wes had another great crowd and they will need them to show one more time this Weekend. Trinity also travelled well and it was good to see some of their students hop in the car for a short ride to support their friends.

Trinity Lineup:

#29 Murray-#19 Michaud-#22 Maretta
                    #9 Poliziani-#21 Tomaso-#17 Prattson
                    #27 Boysen-#16 Siffringer-#11 Selleck
                    #14 Mozian-#15 Sundquist-#12 Rhodes

#20 Campo-#23 Troy
                    #28 Doheny-#24 Blanchard
                    #3 O'Leary-#5 Griffin

Xtra D-#8 Borgida

#35 J.P. Mella in Goal.

PP:

Tomaso-Michaud-Maretta-Murray-Campo
                    Poliziani-Selleck-Prattson-Griffin-Blanchard

PK:

Selleck-Sundquist-Troy-Campo
                    Prattson-Rhodes-Blanchard-Boysen

Wesleyan Lineup:

#10 Uemura-#16 O'Connor-#15 Cobb
                    #12 Sweet-#19 Kerbrat-#26 Lurie
                    #24 Carlson-#13 Sorabella-#11 Giummo
                    #6 Peterson-#29 Abraham-#25 Pratt

#7 LaChance-#22 Zandi
                    #2 Powell-#28 Donelan
                    #23 Hes-#5 Dunderdale

Xtra D- #27 Zangre

#31 Marc Smith in Goal

PP:

Sweet-Kerbrat-Cobb-Powell-Zandi
                    Uemura-O'Connor-Giummo-Donelan-LaChance

PK:

Kerbrat-Sweet-Zandi-LaChance
                    Carlson-Sorabella-Powell-Donelan

1st Period:

Trinity outshot Wes 14-7 in the 1st Period as Trinity brought it from the start. They had Wesleyan chasing for the first 10-15 minutes of the Period as they were possessing the Puck well while moving fast up and down the Ice. More importantly all five players were continually moving off the Puck especially in their O Zone. They were dangerous off the Rush as well with players pushing forwards and getting shots on net. Trinity's #29 Murray was the most dangerous offensively as every time he got the Puck he was flying down the Wing creating his own shot or setting up others. Trin would get some real good looks off of its one PP of the Period. Still with Trinity peppering the Goal with chances they could not figure out Wesleyan G #31 Marc Smith who played I think one of his best Games of the Year. Even with all that time of possession and all the chances the score was still 0-0 with Wesleyan bending not breaking defensively. Wes was unable to really possess the Puck for any decent stretch of time and having trouble moving the Puck thru the Neutral Zone. That is until with about 5 minutes to go in the 1st Period as Wesleyan came alive and starting getting some sniffs on Goal as well. Wesleyan showed they were efficient with their chances as with about 3 minutes left in the Period Wesleyan would take the lead.

1-0 Wesleyan on a nice pass in the O Zone by Wesleyan's #15 Cobb who found #28 Donelan on the weak side just inside the blueline. Donelan would throw a wrister on Goal using #10 Uemura as a screen in front of Trinity's Goalie #35 J.P. Mella. Mella saw Donelan's shot and got into position but the Puck would hit Uemura in the shin pad as he jumped in the air and bounce perfectly to him away from Mella. Uemura with Mella way out of position easily buried it.

Courage Award for the 1st- Wesleyan's #29 Jeffrey Abraham had his most courageous block in the 1st. Trinity's #23 Andrew Troy was lining up a wide open bomb from the Point when Abraham came flying in putting his whole body on the line and taking one for the team with a big time block on Troy's would be wide open shot. Abraham was also throwing his body around all game with some nice hits and also creating some havoc for Wesleyan to feed off of. 1-0 Wes after 1st Period.

2nd Period:

Trinity again came out flying to start the Period and had Wesleyan immediately pinned into their D-Zone for the first minute before #22 Zandi picked up a Pen giving Trinity another immediate chance on the PP to start the Period. Wes was standing tall on its PK all night as Trinity has the most dangerous PP in the league. Even with Trinity's foot down on the gas for the first 5 minutes of the 2nd Wes did a great job of stick checking Trinity all night and frustrating some of Trinity's best stick handlers. They were also getting into Passing Lanes and breaking up some dangerous Rushes.

Then Wes got its own PP seven minutes into the Period. This was an important PP as it could have given Wesleyan a little separation on the scoreboard with an insurance Goal halfway thru the 2nd and man did they have two real good looks but Trinity Goalie JP Mella stuffed them. Wesleyan's Zandi retrieved the Puck in his own D-Zone and began carrying the Puck up Ice thru the Neutral Zone and right over the Blueline. It was then that he made a great stop and cut behind one defender and in front of another blowing by both of them as he carries the Puck into the High Slot. Mella like most in the building assumed Zandi would next shoot the Puck even with a Trinity defender closing fast but Zandi showing off his Hockey IQ and vision of the Game slipped a no look Pass to his left over to a wide open #15 Cobb. Cobb was just parallel with the hash marks and in alone on Goal 1v1 as he slid the Puck from his backhand to front and back again as he tried to beat Mella top shelf but Mella had already cut off what was going to be a tough angled shot to begin with and stuffed Cobb. However he left a real juicy rebound about 10 feet from Goal that #19 Kerbrat got to but lifted it right into Mella's torso. A bang bang play but had Kerbrat kept that on the Ice Mella could have been beaten 5 Hole. It was not to be and just two minutes later Trinity would make Wes pay.

1-1. Trinity's Goal was a fantastically executed 2v2 rush with two Wesleyan players caught behind Trinity's Goal in the O Zone. Trinity's Michaud got control of the Puck in his D Zone and accelerated up Ice and played a nice Pass to Poliziani over the Blue Line. Poliziani stops and cuts on the Half Boards and loses Wesleyan Defender #5 Dunderdale in the process. He gets himself into the Slot for a free wrister that Wesleyan Goalie #31 Marc Smith made a nice pad save on as the Puck was pushed to Smith's left. Wesleyan's O'Connor was in position to maybe collect the rebound and clear it but he had just lost hist stick in the scrum in front of Goal. This gave Trinity's Michaud a free opportunity to collect the rebound and turn his body in one motion to face goal. Unbelievably, Poliziani was still wide open as he moved himself higher up in the slot and Michaud unselfishly found him for a One Timed bomb of a slap shot. Wesleyan Goalie Smith had no chance on that one. Poliziani was pumped getting the Trinity fans going and quieting the Wesleyan fans down all in one. 1-1.

The Trinity Goal really woke Wesleyan up as they started to play with some fire and were creating their own dangerous chances. They also started to get the crowd going by throwing their weight around with a couple big hits from Sorabella and scrums after the whistle.

Defensive Play of the Period: With five minutes left in the 2nd Period Trinity's #11 Selleck picks off a bad pass up top in his D Zone. He drove with speed 140 feet "Right down Broadway" in alone but Wesleyan's Defenseman #2 Powell caught up to him and used his long stick at the last minute too flick the Puck away at the before Selleck could get anything off.

2-1 Wesleyan. Trinity receives a PP in the last few minutes of the 2nd period. Jax Murray started to drive to Goal with speed but with Wesleyan in an aggressive box diamond got the Puck off of Murray's stick by aggressively cutting his angle and than cutting his Passing Lane. Murray sent the Pass anyway near the slot area but Wesleyan's #19 Kerbrat read it well and picked it off. Kerbrat and his linemate the Frosh #12 Owen Sweet immediately broke for Goal in a 2v1 shorthanded. Kerbrat timed his Pass perfectly to Sweet just as he crossed the Blueline but Sweet still had to stretch for it which left him a little off balanced. Sweet would regain control of the Puck and drive in on Goal. Trinity Goalie Mella guessed near post but Owen Sweet pulled some fancy stickwork as he faked the initial shot and got the Puck to his backhand to bury it all in one motion. The Goal was so acrobatic that Sweet became airborne as soon as the Puck left his stick. Like a poor man's Bobby Orr airborne and landing as he crashed to the Ice and after realizing what he had just accomplished the Frosh went nuts along with his teammates and the crowd. Big time Goal. 2-1 Wes to end the 2nd period.

Comment

3rd Period:

This Period was up and down with entertaining action all over the Ice. Wesleyan started the 3rd really focusing on staying aggressive in the Neutral Zone to limit Trinity's speed and skill on the breakout. Wes were again stick checking very effectively creating giveaway's and then breaking off of them. An example would be 2 minutes into the Period when Sweet and Kerbrat found themselves on a 2v1 off a forced giveaway but Kerbrat could not control Sweet's Pass in front of net in what would have possibly been the 3rd Goal Wesleyan was looking for. Both teams had some good sniffs all Period as Trinity's Andrew Troy just missed on a bomb and later on Boysen had a great pass to release Sundquist in alone on Goal 1v1 with Smith but Smith read it well and made the Save as Sundquist tried to slip it 5-Hole. Wesleyan had a great chance in the middle of the Period when Emmet Powell was charging in alone for a free wrister but missed everything.

Both teams were throwing their weight around and getting the crowd. All legal hits no need for cheap elbows to the head and 5 minute major's. Wesleyan's Sorabella and Abraham had two huge hits and then Sorabella added another one for good measure. I love how Wesleyan can really adapt and play in any kind of game with the player personal they have on their roster. Trinity beat out even Amherst for top team speed in the league. It is just explosive and entertaining when they are clicking. Trinity would not be outdone in the checking department though as #12 Casey Rhodes absolutely bulldozed Emmet Powell into the Boards midway thru the 2nd.

Neither team could capitalize on the PP on this night but Wesleyan had one more chance with 9 minutes left as a Trinity Penalty was called. I forget if this is when Wesleyan's O'Connor dinged the bar on a blast but again like the 2nd Period Wesleyan could not extend its lead on the PP and two minutes later Trinity would make them pay.

2-2. Trinity Goal With 6 minutes left and Wesleyan feeling good about closing out the Game Trinity had other ideas. Campo from behind his own Goal collects the Puck and immediately sends it around and up the boards to #9 Poliziani. I think Campo noticed that he could catch 3 Wesleyan Players in his D-Zone with the Puck moving faster than their legs ever could cause he zipped that Puck up the boards to Poliziani. Poliziani then puts on a clinic of fakes and speed as he bursts thru the Neutral Zone crossing the Blue Line and throwing a shoulder fake that Wesleyan's Powell bit on. Poliziani than stopped and cut and headed inside where he saw his speedy teammate #17 Riley Prattson busting up Ice to create another 2v1. Poliziani holds the Pucks long enough to force Wesleyan's 37 LaChance and Smith to commit to him and then feeds a wide open Prattson who easily buried it. A great Goal all created by Campo's Hockey IQ and Poliziani's Speed and Skill. 2-2.

The Extreme High's and Low's of a Frosh:

Trinity would get one more fierce Slap Shot to try to Win it before the Game would head to OT but Wesleyan's #12 Owen Sweet made a courageous Block on it to save the Game. He also had that fantastic Goal earlier in the Game plus his line got a ton of minutes and the kid really played well. Then he committed a Penalty with 45 Seconds left in the Neutral Zone of a tied Game. The camera missed the Penalty so i have no clue what happened but the Frosh made a costly mistake. I have seen too many games this year with Pens under 2 minutes in a Tie Game in the 3rd Period. You are giving the Opponent a 4v3 against some real tired legs at the end of the Game. It usually does not end well.

Trinity 3-2 OT Win was a filthy wrister from #24 Ned Blanchard right on the hash marks and #19 Michaud with a key screen on the play to take Smith out of it. Tough Loss for Wesleyan but what a College Hockey Game. I feel like I can now move on to the Saturday 2-19 games. Still do not have a clue who is playing who but certainly enjoying the ride to finding out.

Wes 3 Pucks:
                      1. Marc Smith
                      2. Owen Sweet
                      3. Matt Zandi

Trin 3 Pucks:
                      1. JP Mella
                      2. Cole Poliziani
                      3. Lucas Michaud

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                        Middlebury is finally playing well. It would not surprise me if they defeat Tufts in the first round and then no one after that will be excited to face them in the tournament.
                        There are three reasons I would not be planning on a Midd victory in this game. First is Tufts seems to have a thing for beating the Panthers, in a way the Jumbos seem incapable of doing to any other team in the league. Second, they're playing at Tufts, where the small rink will favor the Jumbos. Third, Tufts has a history of winning games from the bottom of the standings in the NESCAC tournament. I do believe Midd is playing better than they have at any other time this season and have a good chance to win this game, but it will be an uphill climb.

Comment

"#MuleTrain Regular Season Champs"

Congrats to Colby for besting nine other teams and winning the Nescac Regular Season Title. Their first Nescac Regular Season Title in 14 years so the first for this Coaching Staff. They sit at 15-5-2 and finish 12-4-2 in Nescac. I think it is a great accomplishment and in most other Nescac Sports it is basically an automatic At-Large bid if you do not happen to win the Conference Tournament. Alas not in Hockey though so now Colby along with the nine others will have to go on a run of 3 or 4 Games in a two week Conference Tournament crapshoot(remember the Pass Line and give "shooter" the hot dice for a 7 or 11). In any Collegiate Sport most teams are very tight and close knit so to keep Winning Games at this time of Year means staying together for even one more week. It means one more week of Practice together as a team or travel together or whatever it may be. So the extension of one's season can sometimes give the extra motivation it will take from all players to Win not only the Nescac Championship but possibly more Games after that.

Colby's depth and ability to roll four lines not only played a big part in defeating Tufts 3-0 and Conn 4-0 this weekend at Home but shutting them out. Even with Tufts and Conn keeping things close it still did not feel like they were as close as the score suggested. Colby outshot and out possessed both teams for long stretches. They also made life real difficult in the Neutral Zone for both opponents not allowing them easy access to Colby's D-Zone. They were forcing a bunch of giveaway's with relentless hunting of the Puck when they lost it. That is what really wore Tufts and Conn down the most. Conn did have some really good looks on Goal that forced Colby G #33 Andy Beran into having too make some big Saves in the 2nd and 3rd but would eventually run out of gas. Both Tufts and Conn came to play for 40 minutes though as Conn had Colby 0-0 until #19 Jacob Thousand 1-2-3 scored his First Goal of the year with one minute remaining in the 2nd Period to break the deadlock. Colby had a 1-0 lead on Tufts early in the Game off of an #12 Alex Bourhas 6-2-8 blast from his teammate #14 Carter Breitenfeldt's megging of Tufts Captain #23 Nick Schultze from behind the Goaline to get Bourhas the Puck. A nice Goal and again Bourhas pings the net and pops the water bottle. He now leads the league in water bottle accuracy and Goalie's have been known to choose dehydration over their water bottles getting popped so Bourhas could be on to something. With 20 Seconds left in the 2nd period and Tufts holding to a 1-0 deficit and ready to get off the Ice to regroup Breitenfeldt would find his linemate #28 Michael Morrissey 5-14-19 who would deflate the Tufts cause with his 5th Goal of the Year. Still Tufts only trailed 2-0 at the end of the 2nd Period and Tufts were given a gift from Bourhas who lost emotional control for 5 seconds and hit Tufts #33 Angus Scott from behind with an elbow for a 5 Minute Major and Ejection to start the 3rd. Tufts got some real good looks and were playing well to start the 3rd until a Too Many Men / Ice Pen ended their advantage. Colby took control after that.

Colby Lined Up on the Weekend:

#14 Breitenfeldt-#28 Morrissey-#8 Grillo

#15 Doyle-#22 Klein-#3 McElaney

#9 Sanzone-#12 Bourhas-#29 Blanchard

#16 Burke-#24 Stapleton-#18 MacDonald

Xtra skater: #19 Jacob Thousand

Defensemen:

#2 Thomas-#6 Halpin
                          #23 Kaplan-#4 Grise
                          #20 Sullivan-#48 O'Brien

Goalie: #33 Andy Beran

Random Questions:

Question: How did the Wesleyan and Trinity Coaching Staff's with a straight face after the Friday night Game tell G #31 Marc Smith and G #35 JP Mella they would both be sitting on Saturday? I mean they both played fantastic on Friday night and you would think they would roll with them especially this time of Year. I suppose Trinity realized the mistake after going down to Wesleyan early on Saturday 2-0 on Goals that need to be saved. Wesleyan's #10 Uemura scored first on a tough angle but strong side far post should be covered on an angle like that where Pugliese had the near post hugged and the far post open. I suppose you could say a defender should have closed on Uemura faster but it was a PP and #13 Sorabella's Goal was a SH'ed breakaway that Trinity Goalie #33 Pugliese made a nice save on initially but somehow Sorabella tracked the rebound on the goaline and in an impossible angle shot it off of Pugliese and I think it got stuck under his Pad and he pushed it in by mistake but I am not sure how it went in. Wesleyan's Goalie #30 Erik Voloshin actually played pretty well but he got left out to dry on a couple Goals and in the 3rd Wesleyan was absolutely just gassed. Playing Trinity 2 days in a row is a lot to ask of any team and by the 3rd Period you could see Wes was gassed as they had worked so hard the night before and for 40 minutes on Saturday but eventually ran out of steam.

Tufts:

I thought Tufts battled Colby hard but just were frustrated over and over with Colby's pressure defense all over the Ice. Colby forced numerous giveaway's and Tufts will need to try to play faster and crisper to get itself out of it D-Zone and thru the Neutral Zone more effectively if they are heading back up to Waterville on Sunday. On Saturday they played with much more freedom and showed heart even though it turned into an OT Loss at Bowdoin. Tufts 2nd Goal of the Game from D #2 Jacob Iida to Tie it up 2-2 in the 2nd Period was a fantastic display by Iida of movement off the Puck as he never stopped moving in the O-Zone on this particular play as he eventually cut went weak side and C #28 Andrew Maynard found him with a great pass. Iida left the Bowdoin defense looking around as to what had just happened. Tufts then showed some heart as a couple of their ankle biters got them even with a great Goal as time was running out in regulation to make it 3-3 and force OT. After a Tufts F/O Win deep in Bowdoin's Zone Tufts Frosh #13 Harrison Bazianos wins the Puck behind the Goal. As Bazianos gains control of the Puck and looks up from behind the Goal he notices his Frosh teammate #18 Sedlak bumping into the player who was supposed to be marking him Bowdoin's #10 Patrick Callahan with Sedlak not just bumping into Callahan but apparently telling him to "watch this magic" as he charged toward the Goal. Callahan for his part watched the whole play develop behind the Goal and then waved a good-bye to Sedlak as Sedlak bumped into him and charged toward Goal and then buried a free shot before Callahan realized what had happened. Go figure Callahan then Wins Nescac POW....

Tufts Goalies saw a ton of shots on the Weekend and showed well. Senior #35 Josh Sarlo saved 36/38 Colby Shots and Soph #32 Peyton Durand turned back 45/49 Bowdoin Shots in a wildly entertaining Game that saw both teams peppering the net with chances and Goals. My Question is who will be in Goal on Friday night v Midd? Durand made some incredible Saves to keep Tufts in that Bowdoin Game but Sarlo has the experience.
                          Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-23-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I got to admit I am a bit nervy for Williams in this quarterfinal matchup. As they say it is a real challenge to beat the same Opponent three times in One Season. Let alone if it is your rival and one with not much difference between the games and the scores this season. I guess my point is anything can happen. Which to be honest is true of all the Games from here on out. Anyone can beat anyone in a One Game-Off. I like the old school 3 Game series which I know some D1 Conferences still use because at least that seems a better way of establishing who is the better team instead of a One Game Crash-Out with your 5 month Season Finished in the most impertinent and ruthless fashion. Turn of the Head and all that hard work is finito. The sting of the Loss wears off after a few days I suppose but some teams will remember how they crashed out and their underclassmen will use it for motivation for next season. They will never want to Lose like that again but it all depends on the mentality of the team and what the upperclassmen have left behind.
                            Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-24-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I want to try to get too both of those Games last night but based on those performances both Conn and Tufts deserve to be moving on. I will say I could see Tufts playing like that but Conn had not played like that since late Jan / early Feb so for them plus their Goalie #1 Dynan was fantastic but their veterans also showed up big time. Everyone showed up. Tufts was literally showing off their talented young players #27 Gunlock from the Point keeping the Puck down I think that is smart stuff and the #13 Bazianos kid are you kidding me that Golazo was "talent only" and #35 G Sarlo played very well. Sarlo looked confident all Game but yes the Tufts underclassmen will be causing havoc for the next few Years as it was obviously more than just those two. Also Tufts veterans like #33 Angus Scott , #21 Mason Kohn , #7 Tom Tresca these guys showed up to play and it made a difference in the way Tufts dominated. I know I missed guys but really for both teams most players had quality performances with very few bad mistakes...very smart play mixed with skill. I would think both Trinity and Colby just got a little more concerned. Put better they are not gaining sleep because of those two performances by both Tufts and Conn respectively.
                              Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-26-2022, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Sunday Feb 27th 11AM:

This is some day for Nescac Men's Hockey with three enticing Games. I am expecting all 3 Home Teams to advance somehow today unless one of the underdogs really brings it and plays flawlessly without making big Defensive miscues and giveaways, gets a standout Game from its "Tendy" and can take advantage of the possibly few opportunities they get to score Goals. Oh also they need too not get frustrated if they fall behind and must try too stay resilient and fight to get back in the Game. I see ONE team of the THREE underdogs that I give a fighting chance today and would throw money at as a toss around underdog(do not expect to Win the money but hey do not be surprised if you do and double it back).

If Conn College can suffocate Trinity like they did Bowdoin I give them a fighting chance of hanging around. For Tufts I really liked the energy and fight they showed against Midd but Colby will be a different animal. What will Tufts do differently against Colby (if anything) this time around compared to its Loss last Weekend at Colby? Or what will they try to do this time around is a better way of phrasing it. What is a MUST that they do well to Win this Game? Hamilton all depends on which Hamilton team shows up. If Wesleyan sees an angry desperate Hamilton they could be in for a day and a half today especially if G Sean Storr is on like I expect him to be today. So all 3 underdogs have a fighting chance but need things to go right early.

#10 Conn College (6-14-3) at #2 Trinity (14-7-1) 1pm

#8 Tufts (6-15-2) at #1 Colby (15-5-2) 2pm

#5 Hamilton (10-9-1) at #4 (10-11-3) Wesleyan 3pm

Williams was the first team to advance out of the Nescac Quarterfinals Yesterday with a 3-1 Win over Amherst. I thought Amherst was getting into Williams D Zone pretty effectively but once inside it they came up against stubborn layer after layer of the Williams Defense and "Rusch" so they were forced into rushed shots and passes and giveaway's. However they also were finding good SOG that "Rusch" AGAIN came up huge on like last Week-End. Williams #10 Jack Forrest like "Rusch" and Nico are starting to play like the Players that can make the difference between a Good and Great season. I am happy for the Williams players and glad they can continue on this run for 2021-2022. Anything can happen now as that makes it 3 Wins for Williams over its rival this season and looking Historically Amherst is 0-9-0 in its last 9 Games in Williamstown with its last Win being in the 2013-2014 season. Someone talked about Tufts Home Rink advantage with its small rink well Williams is right behind Tufts and use that same advantage against Amherst with apparent consistency lately. I will come back to this Game later on but almost want to drive to Wesleyan or Trinity.
                                Last edited by Mr.Right; 02-27-2022, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X