X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Slight Detour / Off Ramp

I wanted to give a big shout out, gas em up, and congrats to the Williams College Men's Soccer team. They defeated Mary Washington University 1-0 last night in the NCAA D3 Final Four to advance to Saturday's NCAA D3 Final against the University of Chicago at 12pm in Roanoke, VA. Williams lost one of its Captains and leaders #13 Will Felitto in mid-October to a season ending injury and I had assumed that would really put a damper on anything the team was trying to accomplish for 2022. The opposite happened as its other Captain #6 Nick Boardman and HC Steffen Siebert refused to let these guys hang their heads. Williams became one of the hardest working teams in the country as everyone on the field was running as hard as they could whenever they got on the pitch. They believe in the system that Steffen has installed and have beaten some of the best teams across the country to get to this ultimate Final match. I am just so proud of these guys and hope they read this. #6 Boardman has shown remarkable courage and resilience for the Ephs as he got the lone Goal in the 81st minute. He also showed immense bravery and solidarity by wearing the Captain's Pride Armband during the Game. He is a Straight man that is comfortable enough in his own skin to show solidarity with his LGBT brothers and sisters especially because of what is going on at the World Cup in Qatar, a nation where same-sex relations are illegal, to promote inclusion and diversity in soccer and society. He was the best player on the field all night, scored the GW'ing Goal, 2nd team All-American(should be 1st) and most importantly has shown an unbelievable amount of courage and character that will only help him as he moves into his career of choice. Good luck Boys on Saturday as I will be watching and hope you bring that monster NCAA trophy home to Williamstown, MA. #Boardo

Ephs blank Mary Washington 1-0, advance to NCAA championship game Saturday at 12:00 PM - Williams College

Last edited by Mr.Right; 12-02-2022, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Hamilton College on Twitter: "Men's hockey team takes part in the holiday parade in the Village of Clinton. @HamCollMHock @HamCollSports @ClintonCCNY https://t.co/SKWflkMKti" / Twitter

This is good stuff from Hamilton MHockey....It is always beneficial to get your team involved in the local community somehow. The easiest thing to do is a hockey clinic for the local kids on your Ice. Followed by handing out your schedule which in turn might get more people to your Home games. Either way you have done your good deed of the day. Time is thin during the season, but not if you manage your time well.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Usual crap....homophobic slurs mixed in with sexual innuendo. I'll save the details for this week's phone calls and emails to Colby admin and let them deal with it. The LGBT community is coming under greater and greater attack (mass shooting at a gay bar last night for example), so it is important to say something because most players and coaches do not realize what they are doing or saying. The few that do understand it plead ignorant but know damn well what they are doing. They just assume that not one of their teammates is in the closet or maybe has a brother who is gay, or whatever. People are very good at hiding who they really are in any kind of terms. Now see I am not afraid of who I am, I like who I am and while I maybe a little sarcastic at times it is all in good fun. I DO NOT take cheap shots on any player or coach and consider what happened on Saturday a cheap shot. Thanks for your interest though.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteMule
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Right View Post
    The homophobia on display by the Colby College Men's Hockey team right before they jumped on the Ice at Williams on Saturday was disgusting. Classless. This Sport has a big enough problem as it is with this stuff without players needing to pile on. It's a cheap shot one that will most definitely provoke a response from yours truly. Maybe a Provost but if I'm nice probably just the AD. Obviously, the Colby Coaching Staff needs a reminder that when they hear this stuff, they need to stamp it out. Where there is homophobia and hate there is antisemitism, racism and just an environment of hate this hate that hate everything and everyone. That is what we call BAD CULTURE. More of these people need love. It will not deter me at all though as even with all this stupid crap I really enjoy watching the Sport.
    Care to provide some additional details or context?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    The homophobia on display by the Colby College Men's Hockey team right before they jumped on the Ice at Williams on Saturday was disgusting. Classless. This Sport has a big enough problem as it is with this stuff without players needing to pile on. It's a cheap shot one that will most definitely provoke a response from yours truly. Maybe a Provost but if I'm nice probably just the AD. Obviously, the Colby Coaching Staff needs a reminder that when they hear this stuff, they need to stamp it out. Where there is homophobia and hate there is antisemitism, racism and just an environment of hate this hate that hate everything and everyone. That is what we call BAD CULTURE. More of these people need love. It will not deter me at all though as even with all this stupid crap I really enjoy watching the Sport.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Nescac --- "Opening Night" ---3 Weeks late and jammed with non-conference opponents on Thanksgiving weekend (For those unfamiliar with calendars, that's next weekend) that have been out of the gates for over a month. Opening weekend in 2021 gave the league the most goals of any conference weekend last year and I would expect the same this weekend. Enjoy it while it lasts before we get bogged down in tactical systems and defensive organization.

FRI

Colby at Midd

Bowdoin at Williams

Conn at Wes

Tufts at Trinity

SAT

Tufts at Wes

Conn at Trinity

Colby at Williams

Bowdoin at Midd

Hamilton at Amherst

SUN

Hamilton at Albertus Magnus

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Captains (list is incomplete)

Amherst- #14 Joey Verkerke

#22 Connor Merrill

Conn- #5 Rob Radochia

Hamilton- #9 Cade Groton

#10 Fred Allaire (2nd year as "C")

#15 Nick Hawkins (2nd year as "C")

Midd- #6 Billy Dobensky (2nd year as "C")

#18 Bret Pastor (2nd year as "C")

#23 EMack Bentley (2nd year as "C")

#19 Chris Garbe (A)

#98 Antoine Belisle (A)

Trinity- #11 Paul Selleck

#17 Riley Prattson

#20 John Campomenosi

#23 Andrew Troy

Tufts- #21 Mason Kohn

Top 3 Missing Underclassman Players from 21-22 (minus Trinity roster which is unavailable)

Hamilton- #44 Scott McKenzie

Amherst- #19 Christian Powers

Conn- #14 Jake Vaughan

-One more item- Half of the Nescac Assistant's left for better opportunities whether in compensation or level of play. Off the top of my head, I think Hamilton, Williams, Tufts, Trinity, Bowdoin and Wesleyan all lost their AC's. I think these guys deserve much better compensation from nescac schools in all sports especially with all the work they put in behind the scenes.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    This was the October Recruiting push

Midd- Celebrating 100 years of Hockey all season.

Middlebury To Celebrate 100 Years Of Men’s Ice Hockey - Middlebury College

Message----Come and play for a storied program that is just dripping with history while also getting a great liberal arts education.

Williams- Celebrating the Class of 22' by making sure that 5 out of the 6 Seniors they chose to highlight are joining the best of the best in Investment Banking.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe5BNPgX...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Feut_STW...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FefRPm4W...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeU-CFUW...jpg&name=small

https://***********/WilliamsMHockey/...325761/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeKBv6KW...jpg&name=small

Message----Come to Williams and you will join a long line of former players working for the best global banks in the world. Even if you have no interest in said banks, it is easier to just get you down that road anyway. More $$$$ long run. Oh, right yea by the way, we also have a Hockey team. We take it seriously and try to compete for titles every year. Seriously this is not a club outfit, WE ARE NOT WILLIAMS BASEBALL.
    Last edited by Mr.Right; 11-09-2022, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Yea great to hear backdraft21. I am sure it is a great experience for these guys and gals. Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Odds to Win Nescac

Trinity -180

Colby +140

Williams +240

Amherst +280

Hamilton +280

Midd +300

Wes +320

Conn +360

Bowdoin +400

Tufts +400

Who are ur non league 6?

Ranked from strongest to weakest

Williams- v Babson, at Geneseo, v Adrian(neutral), Oswego/St.A's(neutral), v Albertus, at Plattsburgh

Colby- v UMB, J&W(neutral), at Hobart, at Elmira, v UNE, at USM

Trinity- v Albertus, v Post, v Babson, at Hobart, v Curry(neutral), at Norwich

Hamilton- at Albertus, Canton(neutral), at Potsdam, at Trine, at Trine, at Geneseo

Amherst- at St M's, at Geneseo, v Babson, v Nazareth, v Nazareth, v Anna Maria

Midd- v Plattsburgh(neutral), Norwich/Aurora, v Manhattanville, v UNE/Cortland, v Plattsburgh, at Norwich

Tufts- v Babson, at SNHU, UMD / NEC(neutral), v Albertus, at UMB

Wesleyan- v Post, v Albertus, v Endicott, at Anna Maria, v SNHU, at Albertus

Conn- v Manhattanville, v Salem St, v Assumption, at Albertus, v Endicott, at Salem St

Bowdoin- v J&W(neutral), v UMB, at USM, v St.A's, v USM, v Rivier

Best Quote of the Summer:

“Judaism has been a huge part of instilling me with the morals I have and given me my backbone. And hockey is a big part of my life too. Hockey is what brought me to Colby,”

Clay Korpi ’24 after winning Gold this summer with his US team at the 2022 World Maccabiah Games.

Four Colby Athletes and Three Alumni Compete for USA at World Maccabiah Games - Colby College (colbyathletics.com)

Eyebrow Raising Quote of the Summer:

"Yeah, I don't know much about it, but I hear it's pretty awesome."

New Bowdoin HC Ben Guite on the Colby / Bowdoin Men's Hockey Rivalry

Fantastico........
    . Yes The Maccabi Games are AWESOME!!!...my daughter played and captained for Team USA U16 Volleyball and won the gold vs. Isreal in probably the best game I have watched,I have have watched a lot of volleyball,ugh...we won in 5 sets 16-14...That said it's also a great way for the kids to see and get to know Isreal,she also keeps in touch with her teammates from all over the USA....p.s you don't have to be fully jewish to play...

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Odds to Win Nescac

Trinity -180

Colby +140

Williams +240

Amherst +280

Hamilton +280

Midd +300

Wes +320

Conn +360

Bowdoin +400

Tufts +400

Who are ur non league 6?

Ranked from strongest to weakest

Williams- v Babson, at Geneseo, v Adrian(neutral), Oswego/St.A's(neutral), v Albertus, at Plattsburgh

Colby- v UMB, J&W(neutral), at Hobart, at Elmira, v UNE, at USM

Trinity- v Albertus, v Post, v Babson, at Hobart, v Curry(neutral), at Norwich

Hamilton- at Albertus, Canton(neutral), at Potsdam, at Trine, at Trine, at Geneseo

Amherst- at St M's, at Geneseo, v Babson, v Nazareth, v Nazareth, v Anna Maria

Midd- v Plattsburgh(neutral), Norwich/Aurora, v Manhattanville, v UNE/Cortland, v Plattsburgh, at Norwich

Tufts- v Babson, at SNHU, UMD / NEC(neutral), v Albertus, at UMB

Wesleyan- v Post, v Albertus, v Endicott, at Anna Maria, v SNHU, at Albertus

Conn- v Manhattanville, v Salem St, v Assumption, at Albertus, v Endicott, at Salem St

Bowdoin- v J&W(neutral), v UMB, at USM, v St.A's, v USM, v Rivier

Best Quote of the Summer:

“Judaism has been a huge part of instilling me with the morals I have and given me my backbone. And hockey is a big part of my life too. Hockey is what brought me to Colby,”

Clay Korpi ’24 after winning Gold this summer with his US team at the 2022 World Maccabiah Games.

Four Colby Athletes and Three Alumni Compete for USA at World Maccabiah Games - Colby College (colbyathletics.com)

Eyebrow Raising Quote of the Summer:

"Yeah, I don't know much about it, but I hear it's pretty awesome."

New Bowdoin HC Ben Guite on the Colby / Bowdoin Men's Hockey Rivalry

Fantastico........

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Former Babson star Ryan Black scores his first D1 Goal and it was a thing of beauty. 1st Goal of the Highlight 60 seconds into the Game. UNH is 3-2-0

https://youtu.be/4ivjveFJmgg
    WOW great hands

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Former Babson star Ryan Black scores his first D1 Goal and it was a thing of beauty. 1st Goal of the Highlight 60 seconds into the Game. UNH is 3-2-0

https://youtu.be/4ivjveFJmgg

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Right
    replied
    Originally posted by neumyer View Post
    Congratulations to the Middlebury women who won their fourth NCAA championship in OT over Gustavus Adolphus 3-2 after having the equalizer scored on them with .1 seconds left in regulation.

Yes...Unreal a perfect season with a great crowd at Home to finish it off. Reminds me of the days when D3 Championships would be hosted by 1 of the 4 NCAA Final 4 Teams which I know in Men's Soccer changed after 2003. That was the best part of your season if you could get to the NCAA Final 4 and host on your field(Ice, court whatever).

Highlights:

https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...adolphus-recap

Last edited by Mr.Right; 03-25-2022, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neumyer
    replied
    Congratulations to the Middlebury women who won their fourth NCAA championship in OT over Gustavus Adolphus 3-2 after having the equalizer scored on them with .1 seconds left in regulation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X