X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam_Krug#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post

I didn't realize that player of the year was a team award.
    No, but I doesn't hurt.
    Do you think Krug was the best coach in the league this year, or did he win it becuase his team won the title?

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post

One of those pair is on the team that won the league title. The other isn't.
    I didn't realize that player of the year was a team award.

Leave a comment:

• Adam_Krug#1
    replied
    NCHA All-Conference teams announced:

https://nchahockey.org/news/2024/2/2...announced.aspx

No disrespect to Heintz and Shields, but a cursory glance at the conference stat leaderboard shows a more deserving pair of co-players of the year from SNC's top line.
    One of those pair is on the team that won the league title. The other isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    NCHA All-Conference teams announced:

https://nchahockey.org/news/2024/2/2...announced.aspx

No disrespect to Heintz and Shields, but a cursory glance at the conference stat leaderboard shows a more deserving pair of co-players of the year from SNC's top line.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    And congrats to SNC Women's Head Coach/former SNC Men's Assistant A.J. Aitken on being named NCHA coach of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    Pretty impressive to see Pickart make the All-Freshman team. He didn't even have his last name on the back of his sweater when Marian played SNC in mid-January.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    2022-23 Men’s NCHA All-Conference Team (alphabetical)
    Forward: Garrett Hallford (Sr./ McKinney, Texas), Trine University
    *2019 All-Freshman / *2019 Freshman of the Year
    Forward: Jack Jaunich (Sr./ White Bear Lake, Minn.), Aurora University
    Forward: Adam Keyes (Sr./ London, Ontario), Aurora University
    *2021 All-League | *2020 All-League
    Forward: Michael McCheseny (Sr./ Dickinson, N.D.), St. Norbert College
    Forward: Sam Ruffin (Gr./ Westfield, Ind.), Adrian College
    *2022 All-League
    Forward: Matus Spodniak (Sr./ Kosice, Slovakia), Adrian College
    Defense: Jaden Condotta (Fr./ Georgetown, Ontario), Aurora University
    Defense: Matteas Derraugh (So./ Ithaca, N.Y.), Lake Forest College
    *2022 All-Freshman
    Defense: Brendan Mark (Sr./ Grand Rapids, Minn.), St. Norbert College
    Defense: Chase Spencer (Jr./ Georgetown, Ontario), Adrian College
    Goalie: Colby Muise (Sr./ Yarmouth, N.S.), Marian University
    Goalie: Kolby Thornton (Fr./ Winnipeg, Manitoba), Aurora University

All-Freshman Team
    F: Hassan Akl (Chestermere, Alberta), Aurora University
    F: Colin Bella (Norwalk, Conn.), Lake Forest College
    F: Gramm McCormack (Grand Rapids, Mich.), MSOE
    D: Jaden Condotta (Georgetown, Ontario), Aurora University
    D: Noah Pickart (Fond du Lac, Wis.), Marian University
    G: Kyle Kozma (Vaughan, Ontario), Trine University

NCHA Player of the Year: Matus Spodniak, Adrian College
    NCHA Freshman of the Year: Gramm McCormack, MSOE
    NCHA Coach of the Year: Adam Krug, Adrian College

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Who trolls, again?
    Scroll back and find out for yourself about how the UCHC is loaded with patsies, even though it's not trolling because it's true.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Fishman trolling aside...MSOE has a 5-2 lead over Aurora after 2. If the current result holds, or the game goes to OT, SNC will grab the 2 seed.
    Who trolls, again?

Leave a comment:

• altazo
    replied

I'm thinking about it from a lack of experience perspective. In terms of games played, SNC is a team full of Freshmen and Sophomores, plus a few Juniors.

Experience usually doesn't turn a 2 goal output into a 4 goal output, but it goes a long way towards closing out at least one of those games where they had a late lead.
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Not being able to close out games has nothing to do with the covid season. Being in the middle of the pack offensively and not putting teams away is likely the issue. More scoring and those late goals allowed aren't even a factor.
    I'm thinking about it from a lack of experience perspective. In terms of games played, SNC is a team full of Freshmen and Sophomores, plus a few Juniors.

Experience usually doesn't turn a 2 goal output into a 4 goal output, but it goes a long way towards closing out at least one of those games where they had a late lead.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nubs
    replied
    Having the national player of the year in Peter Bates last season helped push this issue off by a year, but I think taking the covid season off is really coming back to bite SNC.
    Not being able to close out games has nothing to do with the covid season. Being in the middle of the pack offensively and not putting teams away is likely the issue. More scoring and those late goals allowed aren't even a factor.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    Having the national player of the year in Peter Bates last season helped push this issue off by a year, but I think taking the covid season off is really coming back to bite SNC.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    It's so hard not to think about what could have been with this year's SNC squad. I realize that the season isn't over yet, but if they could have closed out just one of three games in January where they had a 2 goal lead in the third period (two of those with less than 3 minutes to play), they'd be regular season conference champs.

Leave a comment:

• altazo
    replied
    Fishman trolling aside...MSOE has a 5-2 lead over Aurora after 2. If the current result holds, or the game goes to OT, SNC will grab the 2 seed.
    I'm glad SNC is the 3 seed because I want to see them get another crack at Marian on the regulation sheet. Only bummer about being #3 is the potential trip to Aurora (whom I also want to see them have another crack at!) where they, no doubt, will be scheduled in the Pee Wee time slot around lunchtime because Aurora is not the primary tenant at their home rink and has to schedule around a Junior team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X