RIP PSUChamps2001 (Remy Babineaux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP PSUChamps2001 (Remy Babineaux)

I know this board's traffic is all but gone nowadays...but in case people are not friends with him on facebook or hadn't seen the news yet, PSUChamps2001, aka Remy Babineaux passed away recently due to COVID complications.

He leaves behind a wife and three young kids.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-sarah-and-remy

I know Remy was a polarizing figure on this board that was never shy to express his opinion whether it was popular or not. I certainly had my spars with him over the years but this one hits me pretty deep. My heart aches for him and his family and his young children losing their father to this life-altering virus that has affected and taken so many people earlier than what was originally intended.

RIP Remy and my sincere condolences to his friends, family and everyone who knew him.

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I know this board's traffic is all but gone nowadays...but in case people are not friends with him on facebook or hadn't seen the news yet, PSUChamps2001, aka Remy Babineaux passed away recently due to COVID complications.

He leaves behind a wife and three young kids.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-sarah-and-remy

I know Remy was a polarizing figure on this board that was never shy to express his opinion whether it was popular or not. I certainly had my spars with him over the years but this one hits me pretty deep. My heart aches for him and his family and his young children losing their father to this life-altering virus that has affected and taken so many people earlier than what was originally intended.

RIP Remy and my sincere condolences to his friends, family and everyone who knew him.
    This is so sad. I often responded to Remy’s posts from a Midd perspective. While we didn’t always agree, we always respected each other. Too young to have this happen. RIP.

Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

No words. Always knowledgeable and ready to fight. Respect. This one's for you Remy, Go Cardinals.

Comment

I don't know anyone on these boards but always check in to read the latest comments. Very sad to hear of Remy's passing. COVID is devastating for so many. I was hopeful that we were on the road to managing this and getting past it, but then we get reminders that it is still wrecking havoc in our communities. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Comment

Terrible news. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Remy and I always bantered, sometimes argued, but he was a good guy and a true believer. I'll miss him on here. My sincere condolences to his friends and to his family. This board is a lesser entity via his passing. May he be in a better place.

Comment

I was wondering why we had not heard from Remy in sometime, what a horrible thing to happen to such a young energetic person and hockey fan,I hope the family can overcome his loss.We spent many times breaking balls about the Platty v Oswego rivalry, and of course the 87' season that was not to be for me and my teammates.Although the boards have gone down here he will still be missed evrytime I read a post from a platty fan or a post of Fish's that Remy would have blasted....RIP Remy....Thanks Prez for the info...donation made...
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-09-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Even as a Cardinal fan, Remy and I had our disagreements. I remember him from the old D-3 board as a kid wading into arguments with more knowledgeable adults. He knew what he thought and he always held his ground! He was a diehard Cardinal supporter and he will be missed in Cardinal Country...
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

RIP Remy.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Remy’s passing is definitely a sad day for this community. As others have said, Remy’s tendency to be unwavering in his opinions meant he and I didn’t see eye-to-eye, but it was clear to everyone that he had an undying love for DIII hockey and the community on this forum.

Looking back, I’m remembering all the work he put in to organize the annual “poster of the year” tournaments, the time I rode along as he drove FAR too fast down I87 to catch a Skidmore game, and of course all the February/March debates about DIII’s archaic methods for seeding the NCAA tournaments.

Above all, I’m devastated for his wife and children, as well as the kids on the youth hockey team he coached. They all lost a good man. Rest In Peace, friend.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Unbelievably sad. RIP Remy and prayers for his young family.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

That is sad to hear, especially for his family.
                        He always added to the discussion, although frequently his view point was way off from mine, but he was always passionate about his Cards.
                        COVID is a nasty thing.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Always enjoyed the back and forth with Remy. Loved his passion. Blessings to his family and friends.
                          93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                          2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                          2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                          2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                          2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Sorry to here that fellow native Plattsburgian Remy has passed away from this terrible virus. I used to be a Cardinal fan when I lived in the Burgh up until the late 80's, so I never had the pleasure of meeting him. I certainly can appreciate his passion not only for the Cards, but hockey in general. He passed that love unto the younger generation which is a priority for every adult to make a better world for the future. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I was thinking that this similar to when we have lost key contributors in the past, except far worse due to the age of Remy’s children. For those of you that have been around here for along time probably remember Kashmunnie (Kash) and CrosbyNU61. They were all passionate about their teams, Plattsburgh, Trinity and Norwich, and because of this you could sometimes take issue with their comments, but you had to admire and respect them for their fierce loyalty to their teams.

Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Working...
                              X