No announcement yet.

Ccc 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you D-III Hockey fans!

Comment

This last weekend before schools head out for the holiday break could be big in determining where the strength of the conference is. The big games will be at Curry and Endicott on Friday and Saturday, as they face each other in a showdown of the top two teams in the conference. UNE will have to play their best to keep pace with Curry and Endicott when the play WNEU on Friday and Saturday. I also think that Salve could have its hands full with a very spunky Suffolk team.

I know this may seem trite, but this is the weekend that Nichols must breakout against an up-and-down Wentworth team. I seem to remember, pre pandemic, that Nichols started this way and went on to win the conference championship. I think…, my memory seems to lapse as I get older! Enjoy these weekend games, and then enjoy the holidays and stay safe from omicron!

Comment

Two really good games between Curry & Endicott. Both home teams taking home the wins. Curry did play without their #1 Goalie Cooper but Polosak was outstanding on Friday night. Whalgren played well tonight and if not for a couple tough calls and non-call by the officials the game may have been different. No goal changed to goal after puck went in after the whistle on Endicott second goal and a goalie interference no call on goal #3. But Endicott is a very talented team. Two pretty evenly matched teams. Top 4 teams in CCC are good and hopefully as one reader has said many times, hope they don’t beat the hell out of each other before the season ends.

Comment

My mistake on the Curry Goalie last night. It was Polasak again on back to back nights. Played well.

Comment

I think we can officially move Nichols out of the top tier in the CCC and resign to the fact that there are 4 teams who can be considered as competitive.Really disappointed in Nichols, thought they could have had a respectable club to compete with anyone in the country. There are still a couple of potential clubs who could still surprise,

Not really sure what is happening at Nichols. Anyone have any insight?

Comment

Well its break time and really no surprises. Top 4 teams UNE, Curry, Salve, Endicott all within a point or two of eachother. An undermanned Curry team losing last night to salve at St. Georges. Nothing at all against Salve because they are a very good team but Curry was without their #1 & #2 Goalies (St. George vaccination guidelines) and two top Dmen. Time to get your rest, 2nd half should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                Well its break time and really no surprises. Top 4 teams UNE, Curry, Salve, Endicott all within a point or two of eachother. An undermanned Curry team losing last night to salve at St. Georges. Nothing at all against Salve because they are a very good team but Curry was without their #1 & #2 Goalies (St. George vaccination guidelines) and two top Dmen. Time to get your rest, 2nd half should be interesting.
                I think the CCC is very strong this season despite Nichols struggles. Every team has shown to be a test this season and Nichols has some weapons. The Nescac seems to be a disappointment out of all the conferences this season but there is still a long ways to go.

I am looking at the box score of the recent Curry vs Salve game and it seems they had their full lineup but a third string goaltender. What were the names of the other players that did not play?

Comment

Originally posted by shipyardblue114 View Post

I think the CCC is very strong this season despite Nichols struggles. Every team has shown to be a test this season and Nichols has some weapons. The Nescac seems to be a disappointment out of all the conferences this season but there is still a long ways to go.

I am looking at the box score of the recent Curry vs Salve game and it seems they had their full lineup but a third string goaltender. What were the names of the other players that did not play?
                  Salve has a very good team, I would say young, but they are all in the 20's. Walinski is one of the best players in the conference and Latinovich is an excellent goalie. They have a few players that have been injured so literally everyone on their roster has played a few games. They lost to Norwich by 1, Endicott by 1 and then overlooked Wentworth the second game of a back to back and never really showed up against Trinity.

Clearly the top 4 teams are going to beat each other up the second half of the season. Endicott, Curry, UNE and Salve. Its gonna be a very competitive second half.

Comment

Curry was also without Lindstrom Capt. D-Man, Peltonen Sr. D-Man, Laaksonen Fr. center. Again no excuses, you can only play the players that are there. But it was not there best team on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                      Curry was also without Lindstrom Capt. D-Man, Peltonen Sr. D-Man, Laaksonen Fr. center. Again no excuses, you can only play the players that are there. But it was not there best team on the ice.
                      We watched the game via salve website feed. Peltonen indeed dressed and played large minutes. Salve had their captain out of the game as well as some key forwards to injury. It looks like Laaksonen and Lindstrom haven't played in a few games according to uscho stats.

I am very excited for the next few weeks contests as UNE and Curry have some tough matchups.

Lets hope University of New England represents the CCC well and wins the tournament in Norwich coming up. Curry and Utica should be a heck of a game and a real test for a CCC team. I don't think Utica has seen a team like Curry yet. We will be tuning in!!

Comment

Originally posted by shipyardblue114 View Post

We watched the game via salve website feed. Peltonen indeed dressed and played large minutes. Salve had their captain out of the game as well as some key forwards to injury. It looks like Laaksonen and Lindstrom haven't played in a few games according to uscho stats.

I am very excited for the next few weeks contests as UNE and Curry have some tough matchups.

Lets hope University of New England represents the CCC well and wins the tournament in Norwich coming up. Curry and Utica should be a heck of a game and a real test for a CCC team. I don't think Utica has seen a team like Curry yet. We will be tuning in!!
                        Questionable. They have played Adrian twice, Geneseo, and Wilkes. Four games vs top 5 pairwise teams.

Comment

Sorry to disagree with you “Shipyardblue” but i was at the game and Peltonen did not play, didn’t even travel. And salve Captain-Sennot did play. Only player not in lineup for salve was Krause and he has only played in 6 games this season due to injury. Check the box.
                          Games to start the break should be good ones!! Go CCC

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Questionable. They have played Adrian twice, Geneseo, and Wilkes. Four games vs top 5 pairwise teams.
                            Don't confuse anyone via the facts. That doesn't work anymore, because (apparently) facts don't exist these days.

But, we're talking hockey, and anything can happen in hockey, especially in D-3.

Still, my $5 is on UC to take out Curry.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-17-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

It really hasn’t been a great holiday break for teams in the CCC. Endicott got beat in Brunswick by Bowdoin, Curry took a beating in upstate New York, Western New England ties Rivier and many clubs had games postponed or cancelled. I was looking forward to UNE’s weekend at Norwich, considering that these would be half of UNE’s OOC games for the season. Hopefully, UNE and Colby will play tomorrow night.

In spite of not playing, UNE continues to move up in the National Rankings (not really sure how!).

Hopefully, we’ll get to see some hockey in January and February.

Comment

Everyone is supposed to be back in action this weekend. I really hope all 8 teams get their games in. This is a big weekend for Salve and Nichols, both teams are playing “the iron” of the conference and, I would expect they’d like to make statements about their second half run. Curry is playing at Wentworth and after their loss at Utica, they’d like to get back on the winning side. Suffolk and Western New England play each other, and these games could be the best of the entire conference! These two seem evenly matched and could provide fireworks as the game winds down. Both teams seem very proud, and they both have a bit of an edge that could show itself in a close game!

Salve/UNE will be interesting as both teams haven’t played since before Christmas. How much rust will they need to knock off? Nichols is still the enigma to me. I watched them play UNE at Biddeford and they pushed UNE to the brink. They have some good skaters, they moved the puck well, their goalie seemed solid, how they are 2-8 (1-8 in conference play) still puzzles me. Looking at their results, they played better earlier in the season.

Here’s hoping for a full slate of games this weekend (we’ll take it one week at a time!) I still wonder what the loss of the OOC games will mean for these school at the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X