This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I asked on Twitter when was the last time Norwich was on the road for the Quarterfinals and got this reply (was that you Derek?) from @NorwichCadets
    I Believe that was the year the BOR was NU's Home Rink
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

• I was unable to watch the game Saturday and was hoping to see some comments about the game. Babson outshot us, but did they outplay us as well? At least we have a base for next year, but was wondering about a goalie and some forwards to score? We have had a lot of OT this year.....unusual year. Hope for some comments.
      NU56
      Old Fan
      Maybe the Oldest

NU56
      Old Member
      Maybe the Oldest

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I asked on Twitter when was the last time Norwich was on the road for the Quarterfinals and got this reply (was that you Derek?) from @NorwichCadets
        Follow up question: Norwich has been an absolute top-tier team for a very long time. When was they last time they fell off the poll?
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by NU56 View Post
          I was unable to watch the game Saturday and was hoping to see some comments about the game. Babson outshot us, but did they outplay us as well? At least we have a base for next year, but was wondering about a goalie and some forwards to score? We have had a lot of OT this year.....unusual year. Hope for some comments.
          NU56
          Old Fan
          Maybe the Oldest
          Pretty evenly contested in my opinion, but I’d give a slight edge to Babson. Atherton made some great saves to keep us in it. Once overtime started, I really felt that Norwich dominated the first few minutes, but when they were unable to put one in despite the dominance, I started to get a bad feeling. Shortly thereafter, Babson won it.

My NU fandom hasn’t been as long as some others here, but in that time, every “disappointing” season has been followed up by an extraordinary one (see: 2010, 2017). Really looking forward to next year. This was such a strange season, so many OT games which could’ve gone our way, but didn’t. There is A LOT of talent coming back, and we’ve got a great coach.

Comment

• Consider this my assessment, it isn't meant to be critical, but........... It was back and forth, with each team having some extended offensive zone time. After NU scored, they did an excellent job of breaking up each entry by Babson, and keeping them off balance. It worked really well for 10 minutes, and looked like they would be able to close out hte game. But after a bad penalty, not a bad call, (my opinion) at an inopportune time, things reversed. A quick score 9 seconds into the power play, and NU was not able to control the play for ay extended period. Icings... Sheesh. Just didn't ever feel like they were going to rally again.

The new players look like they should do pretty good next year, after another year of conditioning and play, so the outlook is positive.
            Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-22-2022, 09:00 AM.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post

Follow up question: Norwich has been an absolute top-tier team for a very long time. When was they last time they fell off the poll?
              Poll, schmoll. I don't understand why it's even published anymore. It means absolutely nothing.

#16 in the PW. Still on the map.

NU will likely have to get to the conference final to have a shot at an AL bid, but that's doable, if difficult. And of course the AQ is still in play.

That conference is probably the toughest in all of D-3. The BS PS tournament is going to be a dog-fight.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-23-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Poll, schmoll. I don't understand why it's even published anymore. It means absolutely nothing.

#16 in the PW. Still on the map.

NU will likely have to get to the conference final to have a shot at an AL bid, but that's doable, if difficult. And of course the AQ is still in play.

That conference is probably the toughest in all of D-3. The BS PS tournament is going to be a dog-fight.
                Fish...Norwich is already out of the conference tournament...they lost last week to Babson in OT

You can't act like you know everything...and then tell a team's fans that their team has to win a tournament they've already been eliminated from in order to make it to the NCAA's, it's a bad look

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

Fish...Norwich is already out of the conference tournament...they lost last week to Babson in OT

You can't act like you know everything...and then tell a team's fans that their team has to win a tournament they've already been eliminated from in order to make it to the NCAA's, it's a bad look
                  Um, sorry. Thought that was a RS game. I'll try to keep up.

Comment

• Gabriel Chicoine Inks Deal With Boston Bruins Affiliate - Bowling Green State University Athletics (bgsufalcons.com)

Gabriel Chicoine turning pro with Boston Bruins
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Looks like he had a very good season....Best of luck to him...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Looks like he had a very good season....Best of luck to him...
                        https://marinersofmaine.com/news/gab...s-to-mariners/

Comment

• Awesome for Chico! Hope he gets an extended look to continue to prove himself in Maine next season!
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Maybe he will join the list of former NU players to play in the NHL
                            Steve Day(NU71)
                            Go Cadets

Comment

• Randall Miller has this interview with Keith Aucoin:

https://fb.watch/fzrTvh53B8/?mibextid=dn0um9
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• I will cancel this thread in a couple weeks, please use the NEW Norwich thread............
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X