This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post

I just don't understand why the posts have gone down this year, not just the Norwich threads, but all the threads in general. Last year, most posters were bemoaning the lack of games, me included! Now, we actually have games to talk about and very few are commenting. I thought folks would be as excited as I am about having a real season. Really hope it's not because folks are sick from Covid 19, or worse yet have passed away due to this virus...RIP Remy - PSUChamps2001. At any rate, I hope things improve as the season progresses and attendance at the games increase. The empty areana in Middlebury last week was really sad, although I understand why people did not go due to the virus outbreak on Campus. Wish this bug would bug out!

Good luck tonight Cadets, keep the winning and improvement going. Last Sunday, the passing game got better for both defense and offense, but there is still a way to go on that. You have got the talent and are really beginning to gel as a team. Hope Atherton starts tonight and has a shutout. I know...I'm not just asking for much, I'm asking for everything! Go Wick!
    Wish Granted! Great win by the Cadets tonight. I agree the passing and teamwork are definitely starting to show more.

I don’t understand how D3 refs are so unsure of themselves that they let a goalie call his own interference but that was pretty poor calling of a game. Not to mention the refs didn’t even have the onions to signal the goal off. Glad Cam gave it to them.

USM looked gassed after the 2nd but they still gave it their all. Good to see Atherton and the D secure the shutout.

Tough one tomorrow against a rested Beaver squad.

Comment

The Team Keeps improving
      Should be a good one at "THE BERG" today

How are the Standings Calculated in NEHC is it the Standard 2 for a win and 1 for a Tie or is it 3 for a standard win 2 for OT win and 1 for a tie?
      Steve Day(NU71)
      Go Cadets

Comment

Looks to me like the team is really starting to come together and I expect (as always under Ellsworth) they’ll be playing their very best hockey when it matters most.

To be at the end of the semester without a loss, with twenty-freaking-three (!) new faces is REMARKABLE.

I firmly believe we have the best coach in the country right here in Northfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
          The Team Keeps improving
          Should be a good one at "THE BERG" today

How are the Standings Calculated in NEHC is it the Standard 2 for a win and 1 for a Tie or is it 3 for a standard win 2 for OT win and 1 for a tie?
          3 for a win
          2 for OT win
          1 for a tie

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post

3 for a win
            2 for OT win
            1 for a tie
            Thanks
            Steve Day(NU71)
            Go Cadets

Comment

I suppose to forum activity is a bit of a self-feeding phenomena. I could definitely be more involved and active again.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Icing the puck late in the game continues to hurt this team. Missing a breakout pass for icing is one thing, but (especially at home) a different way of getting the puck out has to happen.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Where are all the posts from Norwich supporters after a good 2 win weekend? Hope all are well and just too full from Thanksgiving feasting!
                  Still looking for more comments on last night's game. My eyes are getting worse. Bad enough not to read the numbers. Now the action is too fast for me to tell when somebody scores. I was wondering how we would do in overtime when I suddenly realized the overtime didn't matter as the game was over and we had lost. Derick does a good job, but there are just some things not appropriate for a sports story.
                  We used to have some really good stuff here when Derick was on the other side. Take pity on an old fan and start posting.
                  NU56
                  Old Fan
                  Maybe the Oldest Remember Tony Adams?

NU56
                  Old Member
                  Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Good game going on at Plattsburg NU 2 Platty 1 after 2. Platty out shooting Norwich
                    Steve Day(NU71)
                    Go Cadets

Comment

Norwich finishes 1st semester 6-1-4 after Platty scores late goal in 3rd period
                      Steve Day(NU71)
                      Go Cadets

Comment

Looking forward to the Northfield Savings Bank Tournament this weekend, hope everyone is rested and healthy for the return to the ice. Have a Happy New Year everyone, may it improve from the past two. Be safe!
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Looking forward to the Northfield Savings Bank Tournament this weekend, hope everyone is rested and healthy for the return to the ice. Have a Happy New Year everyone, may it improve from the past two. Be safe!
                          Canceled. Massive bummer.

Comment

NFL stadiums welcoming thousands as a small town college hockey team can’t have their Holiday Hockey Tournament. Don’t worry this is totally for your safety with zero bias towards huge corporations though.

Norwich / Prez I know your hands were pretty much tied and there wasn’t much you could do. This **** has to end, 2 years in and we are still trying the same measures that haven’t worked. How many fans do you think will be turned away for good from this ?

Happy *New* Year though….lol

Comment

Since the info release indicated that a way was searched for to allow the tournament to continue, and that next weekends games are (so far) still on, it sounds like the problems originated outside of Norwich.
                              while I would much rather be at the game, I certainly understand. As far as any fans lost over this, I won’t miss them one bit.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                                Since the info release indicated that a way was searched for to allow the tournament to continue, and that next weekends games are (so far) still on, it sounds like the problems originated outside of Norwich.
                                while I would much rather be at the game, I certainly understand. As far as any fans lost over this, I won’t miss them one bit.
                                I said Norwich’s hands were tied and this was not a dig at them. It’s a dig at the crazy regulations that are being taken 2 years after with little signs they are working. These are student athletes lives and hard work and time on the line, stop tying organizations hands so there is nothing they can do unless they are a huge biz that can handle the issues…Two months ago everyone cared about the lack of fans so I’m showing this is definitely a factor in losing fan interest. So maybe quit your whining about fans if you don’t care?!

Prez this was no dig at you, far beyond any of your control so sorry if it came off that way. Thanks for all your hard work as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X