This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich 2021-2022 - A New Era

It's a new world now- many new players, a new coach, a new season, a new covid navigation, and soon a new AD......
    Go 'Wick!

It’s been forever. What should expectations be for this season? Is this a “Final Four or bust” season or a “let’s make the tourney” season?
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      It’s been forever. What should expectations be for this season? Is this a “Final Four or bust” season or a “let’s make the tourney” season?
      Final four is hard to bank on every year with how competitive Division III hockey has become. Certainly competing for a NEHC title and giving yourself a shot to compete in the NCAAs I believe is a standard for this program.

With over 50 percent of the roster as new players this year and nearly 75 percent of the roster turning over from the last "real" season, tough to predict what could happen.

One thing is for sure, I have full confidence in Coach Ellsworth to prepare the team and get them ready to be successful. He's more than proven that in his three years to date. Can't wait for Oct. 30!
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

NEHC Preseason Poll: https://nehockeyconference.com/sport...20211020npl6f9.

Comment

https://www.wbko.com/prnewswire/2021...ebury-college/
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
            In my eyes, an informed NU hockey fan should view it this way: NEHC championship = GREAT season, NCAA win = excellent season, Final Four = fantastic season, Natl. Champs = dream come true.

It's hard to win in college athletics, period. Winning a conference title is a great season, no matter who, no matter where. I know you agree, Mr. Pastime.

Comment

Here, here! I am looking forward to a Fantastic season with a Dream Come True end for the Norwich Cadets!
              There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

A call out to anyone who is attending tonight's game, Please post as much info about the game as you can. Streaming starts next week, thank goodness!
                Thank you in advance
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Any updates? Heard 0-0 after the first??

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

In my eyes, an informed NU hockey fan should view it this way: NEHC championship = GREAT season, NCAA win = excellent season, Final Four = fantastic season, Natl. Champs = dream come true.

It's hard to win in college athletics, period. Winning a conference title is a great season, no matter who, no matter where. I know you agree, Mr. Pastime.
                    I most certainly do. The “Final Four or bust” was slightly tongue in cheek. About two years removed from a full season of hockey I have no clue what goals and expectations are this season. Furthermore, I appreciate the roster updates, but I don’t really know what it means to get a kid from *insert junior league here*.

I do know that I have a lot of faith in Coach Ellsworth to continue to attract too talent and to develop the talent he already has.

Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                      Any updates? Heard 0-0 after the first??
                      Curry won 2-1 in OT 12 seconds in. 3x3 OT.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Norwich is a very solid defensive team. Still working together to make it click on offense. Curry was a talented team who looks like they have improved a ton in recruiting. Looks like we are in for a fun year. Go Norwich!

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                          Norwich is a very solid defensive team. Still working together to make it click on offense. Curry was a talented team who looks like they have improved a ton in recruiting. Looks like we are in for a fun year. Go Norwich!
                          Looking at Neutral Zone, Norwich has actually had considerably stronger recruitment over the last couple years than Curry. That's just "on paper" of course.

Comment

Any other comments would be appreciated, especially from us who no longer have any connections to school. Thanks! Puck Voice maybe?
                            NU 56
                            Old Fan
                            Maybe the Oldest

NU56
                            Old Member
                            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                              Any other comments would be appreciated, especially from us who no longer have any connections to school. Thanks! Puck Voice maybe?
                              NU 56
                              Old Fan
                              Maybe the Oldest
                              I watched starting from the 2nd period on and it was a pretty close game. Both teams had chances to score throughout and shots were close. Curry has built up a strong/hard-working program over the last decade or so under previous head coach TJ Manastersky. He left to go take an assistant job at D1 Union this summer.

I'd say Norwich had more grade-A scoring chances, but couldn't put multiple past the goalie. I like the team speed and depth for Norwich. There may not be any Downs/Chicoine/Brassard etc. high-end scorers, but there are a lot of guys that can hurt you on any shot.

Probably the biggest blue line Norwich has had since the 2010 championship team. They all can skate pretty well too.

Looking forward to Saturday against another strong CCC program in Salve Regina. Should be a good test. Hoping for a packed house for opening night and the third sock toss event! For those that are coming, please bring new or unused socks to the game to throw out on the ice after Norwich scores its first goal!

Every sock thrown out onto the ice in addition to Darn Tough's generous donation will be donated back to local Central Vermont organizations to help keep Vermonters warm this winter!
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X