Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Becker and Nagle on D, especially on PP.
    Last edited by PuckVoice; 10-30-2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry Flint
      Not the Gulls huh?
      My BAD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Sorry Flint
        Not the Gulls huh?
        My BAD!!!!
        No worries George. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
          Someone let George know Salve is the Seahawks, not the Gulls. I don’t want Prez getting angry emails!
          First game with a new stat software this year and because of the men’s soccer game going to 2OT and PKs, I was not working off my normal computer.

we tried to address live stats problem at first intermission but unfortunately were unable to make it work between the new stat software and our website provider.

we will get this addressed by the next home game. Sorry for the inconvenience last night. Was a very hectic day with women’s rugby at 11am, football at 12pm, men’s soccer at 4pm and men’s hockey at 7pm.

Heck of an opening night at Kreitzberg though. That’s for sure. Good to see the guys pull it out and keep their composure when the opponent was really trying to push the physicality.

Great start to a new season with 23 new players on the team from the last time Norwich played “meaningful” games.

The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Good to see the guys pull it out and keep their composure when the opponent was really trying to push the physicality.
            Agreed on the great start. Some good line combinations out there... I see in the box score that there was a Salve Team Game Misconduct after the end. Discipline issues start from coach on down..... although one could argue it stats with their administration and the AD.....
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

How was the crowd?
              Looked like some empty seats at Krietzberg last night.
              Had to get used to a lot of new names and faces. Not thrilled with what I saw from the Salve side in terms of sportsmanship/tactics and the situational officiating. If a team is playing dirty and takes a lot of penalties there should not be even-up calls. Looked like Tim Peel was wearing a costume as an NCAA ref. (NHL fans will get the reference).
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Was the game misconduct because Salve managers were arguing with fans and dumped their red gator aid bottles on the ice? Does that mean those managers can not be on the bench next game? Although I couldn't see it happen on the ice, George described it pretty well. In all my years as a hockey lover, I have never heard or seen such poor behavior by team staff. They should have to pay to have the ice re-done if Norwich had to thaw it to get the red out.

As for the game, Norwich had a rough first period but starting in the second everything seemed to click. Passing was better, power play was constructive and generally the team looked more confident. New players matched the speed and effort we've been used to seeing at Norwich. Their composure and discipline impressed me because the Sea Hawk's looked like they were trying to start a fight or at least hurt someone bad enough to take them out of the game. There is a lot of talent on the team and I suspect Coach will have them "clicking" for 60 minutes in just a few more games. Impressed with Kerner, Nagle, Becker and Galotti. Atherton was good in goal, making some impressive saves when under pressure. Defense will need to give him a little better support in clearing the puck out of the zone. The second goal seemed unavoidable due to so many offensive players in the blue ice. The first goal was a fluke coming directly off the face off and I wonder if one of our players should have been on that shooter. I am not a hockey player or coach, so excuse me if my observations mean nothing.

Prez, thanks for your effort to get the live stats going. Sounds like it was a very busy day in athletics on campus. You and your staff do a great job year around!

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                  Like Becker and Nagle on D, especially on PP.
                  Hey George, great hearing you and Tanner on the broadcast last night. I can understand how you called them Gulls since their style of play looked a lot like sea gulls fighting for a piece of bread at the beach! As always, great job calling the game.

I have a question for you. Is it possible to announce the goal scorer and the assists when they announce them over the PA. I can hardly here the announcement over the PA. Of course you always announce the goal scorer, but I am somewhat of a "Stats Nerd" and love to hear the assists! I understand there is a lot going on in the broad cast. Maybe the "color guy" could be responsible for that.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    Was the game misconduct because Salve managers were arguing with fans and dumped their red gator aid bottles on the ice? Does that mean those managers can not be on the bench next game? Although I couldn't see it happen on the ice, George described it pretty well. In all my years as a hockey lover, I have never heard or seen such poor behavior by team staff. They should have to pay to have the ice re-done if Norwich had to thaw it to get the red out.
                    This was the only thing I saw with my own eyes after the game that could have warranted it so I was wondering the same thing...dumped it after the Zamboni came through as well. Disgraceful from Salve all around last night, very talented team too so I hope they can clean up their act at some point. Great to see Norwich play above that crap and come away with the win. Combos look great and the movement on the PowerPlay looked good, pucks will start falling more and more. Keep it up Cadets!

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post

This was the only thing I saw with my own eyes after the game that could have warranted it so I was wondering the same thing...dumped it after the Zamboni came through as well. Disgraceful from Salve all around last night, very talented team too so I hope they can clean up their act at some point. Great to see Norwich play above that crap and come away with the win. Combos look great and the movement on the PowerPlay looked good, pucks will start falling more and more. Keep it up Cadets!
                      A game misconduct does not have to occur during play, or on the ice or bench. The time of a penalty that occurs after to contest has ended is whatever the game lock ended at. The Gatorade dump, while childish and dumb, would only generate an unsportsmanlike penalty if any.
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                        A game misconduct does not have to occur during play, or on the ice or bench. The time of a penalty that occurs after to contest has ended is whatever the game lock ended at. The Gatorade dump, while childish and dumb, would only generate an unsportsmanlike penalty if any.
                        Definitely understand something could have happened behind the scenes as well. Thanks for the clarification on the Gatorade dump, I wasn’t sure if something like that would qualify or not.

Comment

There were way too many empty seats in Kreitzberg tonight. This is becoming a trend, and it stinks.

Comment

Wowza big comeback tonight. Credit to Umass Boston, they had Norwich frustrated for pretty much 49 out of the 65 minutes. Cadets fell flat after first 10 minutes and then somehow came alive with a minute left

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                              There were way too many empty seats in Kreitzberg tonight. This is becoming a trend, and it stinks.
                              Early season attendance is usually sub-par. After the past two years I’m not too surprised by the numbers. It’s been hard to come back two years later with a pretty much brand new team, especially after the buzzsaw that was the 2019-2020 team.

Numbers will pick up as the new kids prove their worth and hype around the team picks up again….I would like to figure out how to get a larger / louder student section though!

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post

Early season attendance is usually sub-par. After the past two years I’m not too surprised by the numbers. It’s been hard to come back two years later with a pretty much brand new team, especially after the buzzsaw that was the 2019-2020 team.

Numbers will pick up as the new kids prove their worth and hype around the team picks up again….I would like to figure out how to get a larger / louder student section though!
                                It’s becoming “regular season attendance is usually sub-par”. NU has a freakin waiting list for season tickets, and still plays in a half empty barn until late February.

As far as the students go, I don’t get it. Student attendance at sporting events has been steadily declining the last few years, primarily among the Corps students.

All in all, just a huge bummer. We have great teams in our backyard and can’t fill the seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X