Sunyac 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
    A friend just informed me of the **** into the Utica net, I stand corrected. But to say it should have been 6 to zip. No way my friend. The Cortland goalie stoned Utica
    But UC played in the Cortland end all night. If not for Durante, yeah, it's a 6-0 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post

Geneseo had better puck movement on the power play than against Stevenson, but they still need to get it back on track. This was the 4th consecutive game without a PP goal.
      They sure miss Keenan... That whole line he was on was so dangerous. One of the best lines in D3 in the country for those two years.

(From where I was sitting it looked like Petizian didn't set the shot on the second goal until it was too late.)
      I agree with this. In fact, I don't think Petizian had a strong game overall. He just didn't look comfortable to me.

Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Geneseo's Kris Heeres wins the 2022 AHCA Terry Flanagan award. https://geneseoknights.com/sports/mi...20220111elvpbg

Comment

• Post outshot Morrisville 52-31. Yet only one goal was scored. And it was not from Post as the Mustangs take a 1-0 victory on the road. Ryan Creenan gets the remarkable shutout. Brett Tibbs got the lone goal.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post
            Geneseo's Kris Heeres wins the 2022 AHCA Terry Flanagan award. https://geneseoknights.com/sports/mi...20220111elvpbg
            This is absolutely fantastic. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Potsdam is now down from 10 to nine forwards, still five defenders and two goalies for their second game which is underway against Canton. No score so far.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Jesse Farabee, a transfer from Oswego, puts Canton ahead 1-0 at 14:17 of the first period, with a quick release while coming down the left side. Potsdam comes back at 17:26 when Andrew Lantry tips it in. First period ends 1-1. Both teams had a failed PP. Canton leads the shots 13-9.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Canton takes a 2-1 lead over Potsdam at 16:49 of the second. Zac Sirota shot it from the left circle beating the goalie over the glove. Soon after, Potsdam got a penalty and Canton quickly made it 3-1 at 17:27. Filip Jacobsson got the goal.

Canton piles it on with their third goal in a span of 2:17 when Matthew Headland scored on a 3x1 breakout at 19:06 to make it 4-1 after two. Canton leads in shots 32-15.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Canton beat Potsdam 7-2. Third period Canton goals were scored by Brett Bannister, Brendan Morrow, and Brendan McCormack. Josh Bifolchi scored for Potsdam with 3.7 seconds left. Shots were 46-19 Canton.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Canton beat Potsdam 7-2. Third period Canton goals were scored by Brett Bannister, Brendan Morrow, and Brendan McCormack. Josh Bifolchi scored for Potsdam with 3.7 seconds left. Shots were 46-19 Canton.
                      I'm going to guess fatigue? Is there a point that athlete safety forces Potsdam to stop fielding half a team? I admire the athletes for trying to push through with greatly diminished numbers, but are they putting their health at risk to do so?
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

I'm going to guess fatigue? Is there a point that athlete safety forces Potsdam to stop fielding half a team? I admire the athletes for trying to push through with greatly diminished numbers, but are they putting their health at risk to do so?
                        That and some key players were some of the missing.

Potsdam held tough in last night's game, but then Canton got those three goals in the two minute span at the end of the second period, and they were never going to recover from that.

I'm sure some games have been cancelled for that very reason -- technically enough players are available, but too much risk to do so.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

That and some key players were some of the missing.

Potsdam held tough in last night's game, but then Canton got those three goals in the two minute span at the end of the second period, and they were never going to recover from that.

I'm sure some games have been cancelled for that very reason -- technically enough players are available, but too much risk to do so.
                          The Adrian women went on their Minnesota trip with technically enough players but not enough due to the protocols and even if they win their conference as favored those three losses will negatively affect their seeding. I'm wondering if they wouldn't cancel if given the chance to do it all again.
                          Scott Henkle
                          SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Comment

• Fredonia at Canton series cancelled this weekend.

I did hear during the Potsdam broadcast two days ago that there was talk about Potsdam (who is off this weekend) and Canton hooking up for some more games this weekend. They've already met three time this year.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Geneseo pounds Lebanon Valley 8-1. Peter Morgan got a hat trick. Geneseo led in shots 48-23. Each team got a PP goal.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Geneseo pounds Lebanon Valley 8-1. Peter Morgan got a hat trick. Geneseo led in shots 48-23. Each team got a PP goal.
                                Five points for Morgan in a good day's work. Nice to see Roth with a clean sheet in the third. PP still needs to be more effective. (Edit: I think Geneseo actually had 2 PP goals--Bruno and Morgan's first. It certainly looks that way on the video.)
                                Last edited by geneseo; 01-14-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X