Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State Lakers.. 2021-2022...Let's get ready to...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenTGrieco3 View Post
    Non-Oswego State related, but Hockey Classic related: Skidmore shuts out Canton 6-0 and will face the winner of Augsburg/Oswego State tomorrow afternoon. Should be an exciting game tonight.
    Watching on Twitch, hoping the Auggies run out of gas in the 3rd. Good back and forth in the 2nd, tied at 1.

Comment

Oswego dominated the second and collected more draws. We were a little soft early in the first but responded very well. We caught up to them with shots on goal in the third and we started a five on three for .58 seconds into the third. We finally scored in the second but again we went soft in the third. We had enough shots to beat these guys but I’m not sure we had quality shots.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
        Oswego dominated the second and collected more draws. We were a little soft early in the first but responded very well. We caught up to them with shots on goal in the third and we started a five on three for .58 seconds into the third. We finally scored in the second but again we went soft in the third. We had enough shots to beat these guys but I’m not sure we had quality shots.
        We missed several 2 on 1,which hurt big time....We are waaaay to passive on the PK, this is D3 not the NHL,we sit back and wait to much and it hurt again, both goals on the PK,we need to be more aggressive....get the goalie out earlier ...ow well we looked pretty good even up and just need to finish...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

We missed several 2 on 1,which hurt big time....We are waaaay to passive on the PK, this is D3 not the NHL,we sit back and wait to much and it hurt again, both goals on the PK,we need to be more aggressive....get the goalie out earlier ...ow well we looked pretty good even up and just need to finish...
          Yes, need to score goals Bak, we are getting the opps, but not the "bak" of the net. Missing true sniper(s). Dicarlo, Broughman, then......? Coach did build a good defensive squad this year to get competitive with the Gennys, but our offense is sorely lacking. That game was ours to win last night on home ice, our tournament. Bet we put up another 6 on Canton this afternoon, not much for our SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

Yes, need to score goals Bak, we are getting the opps, but not the "bak" of the net. Missing true sniper(s). Dicarlo, Broughman, then......? Coach did build a good defensive squad this year to get competitive with the Gennys, but our offense is sorely lacking. That game was ours to win last night on home ice, our tournament. Bet we put up another 6 on Canton this afternoon, not much for our SOS.
            Close one,vs Canton only watched a little,didnt look to good, and another PPG let up....As far as offense we don't have the BIGTIME scorers, and there seems to be little chemistry so we have/will grind it out, not pretty...Problem is vs a team like Genny who always seems to have offensive players we come up short as of late, still plenty of season left with a HUGE game vs The U next Sunday which I will miss due to a travel volleyball tournament for my daughter ugh...Go Lakers...p.s.if you don't burry the oddman rushes we are not going to succeed.

Comment

Was at the Aug/Wego game. I thought we were faster, more physical, worked there boards better. Goalies about even. Drafty hit the nail on why we lost. It is the Lakers very passive PPK. If it was any softer it should be renamed Charmin. I was shocked to see that the Lakers actually scored on a 5 x 3 PP. I have been just amazed over the last several seasons on how bad shooting the ouch is, and just not by the Lakers. How do they guys put up such big numbers in juniors and not at the DIII??

Oswego'88

Comment

Depends on the league and competition. Gelling with line mates. I’ve seen some guys just click together and others not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                  Was at the Aug/Wego game. I thought we were faster, more physical, worked there boards better. Goalies about even. Drafty hit the nail on why we lost. It is the Lakers very passive PPK. If it was any softer it should be renamed Charmin. I was shocked to see that the Lakers actually scored on a 5 x 3 PP. I have been just amazed over the last several seasons on how bad shooting the ouch is, and just not by the Lakers. How do they guys put up such big numbers in juniors and not at the DIII??

Oswego'88
                  Great to have ya back......keep up the info....I will not be able to make Whiteout ugh daughter volleyball so will not see ya that weekend...stay healthy

Comment

Drafty to bad you will miss the weekend. On the brighter side everyone will now have a chance to win at chuck a puck.

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                      Drafty to bad you will miss the weekend. On the brighter side everyone will now have a chance to win at chuck a puck.
                      Funny man with a very good memory..;-))

Comment

• It's official,Mr. Sports has proclaimed Oswego as hands down Best hockey town, atmosphere in ALL of cawledge Hawkey....You can read the article on this USCHO site....Nice job Lakers we won something

Comment

• Hey everyone:

A few recruits incoming for next season:
                          Cal Schell (goaltender from Flin Flon in the SJHL; brother of Oswego women's hockey defender Lauren Schell)
                          Drake Semrad (defenseman from the Richmond Generals of the USPHL)
                          Lex Friesen (forward from the Richmond Generals of the USPHL)
                          Sports Editor, The Palladium Times
                          Oswego State ('21)
                          Former men's hockey beat writer for The Oswegonian

Comment

• Plattsburgh kept trailing Middlebury by a goal and kept tying the game. So appropriately the game ended 3-3. This despite Plattsburgh outshooting the Panthers by an astounding 48-17.

Oswego leads Buffalo State 4-0 in the third.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Oswego wins it 5-0. Five different goal scorers; none on the PP. Steven Kozikoski made 35 saves for the shutout win.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Plattsburgh kept trailing Middlebury by a goal and kept tying the game. So appropriately the game ended 3-3. This despite Plattsburgh outshooting the Panthers by an astounding 48-17.

I really think the shot counting in Plattsburgh doesn't do the stat justice. They always grossly out shoot the opposition. Must irritate the Plattsburgh goaltenders too.
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X