Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State Lakers.. 2021-2022...Let's get ready to...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego State Lakers.. 2021-2022...Let's get ready to...???

Ok 2 weeks till The Lakers collide with Utica in the pre-season opener,should be a good one as the "U" is stacked....That said tickets are on sale for the season as of today,just picked up my Whiteout tiks and hope my daughter does not have a travel volleyball tourney that weekend....Looks like we picked up some BIG Dmen and some forwards as well,several D1 transfers will help fill out the line-up.Best of luck to The Lakers and the Laker faithfull this year,hope we all stay healthy and happy..........Drop the puck...Lets go Lakers....

Been too long, drop the puck already, Go Great Lakers!

Comment

I have always wondered why D-1 starts Early Oct and D-3 starts end of Oct.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
      A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
      Arizona State Class of 1974
      ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

D1 plays more games than D3. I believe they play 35

Comment

Looks like we switched our 2nd pre-season game to Canton,originally was vs. a Canadian College...still on the 23rd of Oct..p.s game is still at the CC..

Comment

Got a question before the season starts. Where will games stream this year? Should I just go to the Oswego Hockey site and hope for a working link? WTOP? Has the school found a better way to stream with a year off? I was hoping to use my Firestick and the Silk browser to watch on my TV this season rather than watching games on my computer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Maj View Post
              Got a question before the season starts. Where will games stream this year? Should I just go to the Oswego Hockey site and hope for a working link? WTOP? Has the school found a better way to stream with a year off? I was hoping to use my Firestick and the Silk browser to watch on my TV this season rather than watching games on my computer. Thanks in advance for any help.
              I am not a computer guy so maybe another can answer,I am hoping for the same great coverage by TOP.

Comment

Roster is up with no heights or weights?? Don't see Fletcher back....I'll miss the game vs.Utica,daughter has volleyball in Albany,any idea if it will be on you tube so those who miss can watch later?? Go Lakers !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Roster is up with no heights or weights?? Don't see Fletcher back....I'll miss the game vs.Utica,daughter has volleyball in Albany,any idea if it will be on you tube so those who miss can watch later?? Go Lakers !!!
                  It looks like Fletcher is currently in the SPHL with the Knoxville Ice Bears.

It's interesting that Oswego is still recruiting a lot of players from Canada whereas Geneseo has shifted mostly to guys from the US.

Comment

To stream the Oswego Lakers tonight, go to oswegolakers.com . Click on on the three bars in the upper right hand corner, drop down the menu, select sports then select men’s ice hockey and you will see the schedule. To the far right you will see a camera or video sign, that will get the stream

Comment

I didn't see the game, but looks like they had 8 penalties and gave up 4 powerplay goals. How did they look even teams?
                      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                        I didn't see the game, but looks like they had 8 penalties and gave up 4 powerplay goals. How did they look even teams?
                        https://theuchc.com/news/2021/10/16/...ason-tilt.aspx

Only outshot 23-26 with 8 powerplays against.

Comment

None of us had expectations of a victory tonight. The Pioneers have 19 back from last season as they were able to practice and play last season. This is the same team that should have gone to the frozen four in the 2019 2020 campaign with 25 wins.
                          On the other side of the ice we have 21 new players who have never played together until a few weeks ago. Unfortunately many of them never played hockey all last year and many never practiced. So fast forward there was some very fast paced hockey last night. As raw as the Lakers are they flashed some great moments. Giving up eight penalties to a very good hockey team is an easy recipe for disaster. Coach Gosek I’m certain will be laying the law down this week. As we all know it is a big transaction from Juniors to an elite college level.
                          I have to state that regardless of the outcome of the game last night we had a great crowd in the Stanley arena and we were all very happy to get back to some normalcy since we have not played in 19 months.

Comment

Should have stated transition not transaction

Comment

Agree with Lakon55,very good team we played who has a BIG advantage in that they practiced and played last year's well as the fact that almost our whole team is new.That said the penalties are born out of the latter, along with wanting to impress and earn a spot, but unfortunately bad pens will not do that, the majority of the pens will slowly disappear or the only ice the players will see is in their drinks.The crowd look pretty good and the ice looked fast as well.Onto next week and Canton,wondr if coach will shorten the bench??

Comment

Working...
                              X