Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State Lakers.. 2021-2022...Let's get ready to...???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I have to mention this. After the second game we played Williams on Sunday as usual we have all seen a thousand times the home team form a circle and bang their sticks. Williams did not do that, they formed a line on their blue line and waited for Oswego to do the same. Both teams then saluted each other with banging their sticks. It was a great show of sportsmanship. Oswego never overplayed their second victory but quietly gathered. From professional sports to sports for adolescents this was a fine moment. Although recently we witnessed a high ranked team come into the Stanley Arena and they beat us quite badly. The team acted like they just won the National Championship. That is acceptable but I have to suggest that these young men on Sunday showed us all the way

    Comment


    • #62
      Can never go wrong with showing a little class....Go Lakers!!!

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
        I have to mention this. After the second game we played Williams on Sunday as usual we have all seen a thousand times the home team form a circle and bang their sticks. Williams did not do that, they formed a line on their blue line and waited for Oswego to do the same. Both teams then saluted each other with banging their sticks. It was a great show of sportsmanship. Oswego never overplayed their second victory but quietly gathered. From professional sports to sports for adolescents this was a fine moment. Although recently we witnessed a high ranked team come into the Stanley Arena and they beat us quite badly. The team acted like they just won the National Championship. That is acceptable but I have to suggest that these young men on Sunday showed us all the way
        The banging of the sticks appears to be a Covid-based alternative to the handshake line. Seen it in Utica all season long.

        Comment


        • #64
          So Oz fans, how many players will leave the program during winter break?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Dalton212 View Post
            So Oz fans, how many players will leave the program during winter break?
            After all these kids have been through in the past 2 yrs ,don't see many if any leaving, most have gotten their fair share of ice as well, never know, time will tell.

            Comment


            • #66
              Nice win,4 ppg's is a good confidence builder as was the Willimas series, take care of M'ville tonight and we have a little roll going....Go Lakers!!

              Comment


              • #67
                Looks like the first player has left from what the roster says,Jared Nash no longer around/on the roster....Edit.He is in the SPHL,go figure, not a big loss at all..good luck to him..
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-04-2021, 09:29 PM.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Ok a good win, to many pens in this one, refs are hot and cold with the calls that's for sure....On a roll.Go Lakers!!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I could be wrong, but meeting the families and players there are zero dissatisfaction with the program right now.
                    jared was a transfer senior, he wanted to play every game and the coaches have been working with all players to figure out the best line ups Remember 21 new players

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                      I could be wrong, but meeting the families and players there are zero dissatisfaction with the program right now.
                      jared was a transfer senior, he wanted to play every game and the coaches have been working with all players to figure out the best line ups Remember 21 new players
                      Agree,the coaches have done a nice job in getting all the players Ice and you also make your game time ice in practice time as well..

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                        I could be wrong, but meeting the families and players there are zero dissatisfaction with the program right now.
                        jared was a transfer senior, he wanted to play every game and the coaches have been working with all players to figure out the best line ups Remember 21 new players
                        BREAKING: Tyson Kirkby has left the Oswego State program for the SPHL playing for the Fayetteville Marksmen. #OSWLakerswire Up to two players. Hope this is it.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Dalton212 View Post

                          BREAKING: Tyson Kirkby has left the Oswego State program for the SPHL playing for the Fayetteville Marksmen. #OSWLakerswire Up to two players. Hope this is it.
                          I don't understand these players leaving school early for the SPHL. Aren't they also at Oswego to get an education? Geneseo has a number of players currently in the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL, but they always finish school first. Is the culture that different at the two schools?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by geneseo View Post

                            I don't understand these players leaving school early for the SPHL. Aren't they also at Oswego to get an education? Geneseo has a number of players currently in the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL, but they always finish school first. Is the culture that different at the two schools?
                            1. They might have already completed their degree.
                            2. It takes a tremendous amount of desire and discipline to play at this level, and when it becomes no longer enjoyable they move on.

                            Yes, I would agree a completely different culture, hence one team develops with consistency and the other is trending the wrong way.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              We were not particularly pleased that Tyson left. Knowing his parents I’m sure they were not happy. With only a half semester to graduate. He is a big strong center and will be missed.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                After some further information we find out that Tyson Kirkby actually graduates this month and is a straight A student. We wish him the best and look forward to hearing great things from him

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X