Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Now you are parroting Fishman. I really would think you are Fishman but he only seems to post lately when the ice cubes clink against the tumbler after sunset.

Where have I ever said SNC is greatest program ever assembled? What I have said is their accomplishments speak for themself. Especially when compared to a perennial national contender such as Utica. Try to keep up. I know it can be difficult.
    Everything is an argument with you. I’ll stop feeding into it as you continue to be desperate for attention

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Everything is an argument with you. I’ll stop feeding into it as you continue to be desperate for attention
      Who is arguing? I just want an answer to the original question. I'm not the one getting all defensive about the question being asked.

Comment

Who is arguing? I just want an answer to the original question. I'm not the one getting all defensive about the question being asked.
        There was an answer given. A perennial national contender is an arbitrary term. Fishman's definition of a national contender doesn't have to match your definition of a national contender.

Will you move on?

Comment

There was an answer given. A perennial national contender is an arbitrary term. Fishman's definition of a national contender doesn't have to match your definition of a national contender.

Will you move on?
          Not by Fishman there hasn't. Saying the term is arbitrary instead of even attempting to provide empirical evidence means you are basically punting because you have nothing.

Being perennially ranked in the Top 10 in the poll really means nothing when you perennially don't get it done in March.

Comment

Not by Fishman there hasn't. Saying the term is arbitrary instead of even attempting to provide empirical evidence means you are basically punting because you have nothing.

Being perennially ranked in the Top 10 in the poll really means nothing when you perennially don't get it done in March.
            Yes I attempt to explain myself and you categorize it as punting and don’t accept it because it is not align with your belief. At least being a democrat is something you and Fishman do have in common.

Comment

Yes I attempt to explain myself and you categorize it as punting and don’t accept it because it is not align with your belief. At least being a democrat is something you and Fishman do have in common.
              It was Fishman's assertion to begin with, not yours. Are you Fishman's house organ? Maybe you really are an alias for Fishman.

Comment

How about you keep the politics out of here, kid.
                Adrian College Bulldogs!
                MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I'm with you. I think it's dumb.

I read recently that the U. of Hartford is moving from D1 all the way down to D3. And they were originally D2 before they went to D1. Too expensive, they said. And this after recently making the BB tournament, which pays a heck of a lot even to first round losers.
                  Not a fan of the idea since it requires a move to D2 for other sports. Utica College made ESPN (or Sports Illustrated) back in the spring of 1987 when they announced that UC was moving back to D-III following a 6 year experiment in D1. The coverage pretty much was "great move....more schools should consider doing that" My understanding (it was just before I arrived at Utica) was that in those 6 years the NCAA required the College to add more and more sports to remain in D1 and the lift was just too expensive. We are getting to a place where Utica is very completive and are playing for league championships in many sports. I really fear for the health of all of our other sports.
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by AC09 View Post

How about you keep the politics out of here, kid.
                    No politics but doxxing is fine....

Comment

No politics but doxxing is fine....
                      Urban Dictionary comes through for me yet again.

I vote it’s time to put this thread to bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

Urban Dictionary comes through for me yet again.

I vote it’s time to put this thread to bed.
                        Welp, the DI kids are talking about Utica now, so... :0)

Link to D1 Thread

Cheers!!!
                        ~TTF
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

• Yeah, why do that when we can just come hang out here?

One has to assume a D-II reclassification is part of this rumor, but I think I’ll need to tread further into the inter webs to verify that that is indeed the plan. Not sure how they plan on getting a St Thomas waiver to go straight to D-I without any of the “our conference fired us” shenanigans.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• I was surprised by how many people I saw in Lake placid last night with Utica clothing.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I was surprised by how many people I saw in Lake placid last night with Utica clothing.
                              Gosh, the ball is all teed up, but I will refrain from comments.....

Comment

I was surprised by how many people I saw in Lake placid last night with Utica clothing.
                                That's because there are a lot of clothing stores in Utica...

Comment

Working...
                                X