Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I don't necessarily pay a lot of attention to such things, but I thought you once said that you bleed Kangaroo, um, blue?

Was it Potsdam?

Saw them once when UC had to move a home game to Hamilton on VERY short notice. (Some issue with electricity at The Aud necessitated an instant turnaround, and Hamilton was very accommodating.)

I remember that game for a few reasons:

1. The mad dash down the road to catch the delayed start at Hamilton.

2. Potty's awesome bear-themed unis. (I'm a bear of a sort, myself.)

3. Heenan- in his younger days- berating his own team in a quiet arena while employing the "P" word at the top of his lungs, and in front of a bunch of kids. I didn't approve.

4. Potsdam coming back from a 3-1 third-period deficit to garner a tie. That team didn't give up.

GD, that had to be 15 years ago, but you remember what you remember.
    You don't approve use of the P word but yet you cavalierly toss profanity and other blue language around on this board. Hypocrite much?

Comment

I've already expressed my misgivings about UU going D-1, but there are many twists and turns to consider.

What's your opinion about it?
      Do your misgivings about going D1 include not being able to afford tickets on a Lowe's salary thanks to payments on your double-wide trailer or a riding lawnmower for your massive lot? You should really think about downsizing.

Comment

Well, no. Utica carried the play for most of the game, regardless of the score.

If you wanted to watch a close game, you should have watched THAT one, not the SNC game.

NEC had exactly two odd-mans, both within a couple seconds of each other during a 2nd period PK.

Didn't you say that you saw the entire game?

*Sigh*

God, you trolls are tiresome.
        Says the ‘man’ who doesn’t even know what team was the only away team to win. And letting the other team dictate the play by funneling shots into places the defense wanted them to go isn’t really ‘carrying the play’.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

I've already expressed my misgivings about UU going D-1, but there are many twists and turns to consider.

What's your opinion about it?
          I'm with you. I think it's dumb.

I read recently that the U. of Hartford is moving from D1 all the way down to D3. And they were originally D2 before they went to D1. Too expensive, they said. And this after recently making the BB tournament, which pays a heck of a lot even to first round losers.
          Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-24-2022, 07:24 AM.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

NEC had exactly two odd-mans, both within a couple seconds of each other during a 2nd period PK.
            You’re confused again. NEC did not make NCAA’s this season.

Utica lost to University of New England on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post

Says the ‘man’ who doesn’t even know what team was the only away team to win. And letting the other team dictate the play by funneling shots into places the defense wanted them to go isn’t really ‘carrying the play’.
              38-16, dumb-***.

Go away, we're moving ahead here.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

You’re confused again. NEC did not make NCAA’s this season.

Utica lost to University of New England on Saturday.
                Thank you.

Comment

• I’ll say I’m not a big fan of Utica going D1, and being an alum it’s going to change the entire sports programs. So going to watch a football game or lacrosse game is going to have a different feel to it. As will hockey.
                  I can also say I’m not a big fan watching Utica play the bottom feeders and beating teams by 7 or 8 goals.
                  It’s obviously going to take some time for Utica to be competitive and them not being the ones getting waxed by 7 or 8. I can say I miss the old ECAC-West games that were absolute dog fights, physical grids. The landscape of college sports keeps changing, will be interesting to see what happens.
                  Utica campus has changed, new turf field has been added, the dome and new dorms. I guess the real question is going to be can the University maintain and be competitive in all sports with the change in divisions…

Comment

Taking an informal poll re: Utica going D-!. I'd like to hear your take on the topic. I'm out of the loop anymore.
                    It is very good for the school and the city. It is the obvious next step in what the city is trying to build. The product may struggle to find its footing for a couple of years, but this team was going .500 not long ago and still putting 3,500 fans in the seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Do your misgivings about going D1 include not being able to afford tickets on a Lowe's salary thanks to payments on your double-wide trailer or a riding lawnmower for your massive lot? You should really think about downsizing.
                      Jeese man, who hurt you?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Jeese man, who hurt you?
                        That's a question you should really be asking Fishman, since he is the one who is yelling at everyone, questioning their manhood with vulgar and misogynistic verbiage, trying to dictate what games people can and cannot watch, and trying to dictate what threads people can and cannot post in.

If I didn't know any better I would think you're an alias for Fishman himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

That's a question you should really be asking Fishman, since he is the one who is yelling at everyone, questioning their manhood with vulgar and misogynistic verbiage, trying to dictate what games people can and cannot watch, and trying to dictate what threads people can and cannot post in.

If I didn't know any better I would think you're an alias for Fishman himself.
                          It gets old when you come in here and offer nothing valuable to the conversation. I don't think it's hard to tell Fishman is a loose cannon and easily provoked. Every single post out of you is a shot at Fishman or Utica. Every time the conversation begins to progress you have to post something to bring us back to square 1. St. Norbert is the greatest hockey program every assembled, and they are the true program that should be going division 1, all of their players upon entering their prestigious program immediately have a chance at the NHL. Is that what you want to hear? Are you happy now?

Comment

It is very good for the school and the city. It is the obvious next step in what the city is trying to build. The product may struggle to find its footing for a couple of years, but this team was going .500 not long ago and still putting 3,500 fans in the seats.
                            Well if The U does go D1,Oswego will miss playing them, always a good show....or maybe they can still give it the ol college try??

Comment

It gets old when you come in here and offer nothing valuable to the conversation. I don't think it's hard to tell Fishman is a loose cannon and easily provoked. Every single post out of you is a shot at Fishman or Utica. Every time the conversation begins to progress you have to post something to bring us back to square 1. St. Norbert is the greatest hockey program every assembled, and they are the true program that should be going division 1, all of their players upon entering their prestigious program immediately have a chance at the NHL. Is that what you want to hear? Are you happy now?
                              Now you are parroting Fishman. I really would think you are Fishman but he only seems to post lately when the ice cubes clink against the tumbler after sunset.

Where have I ever said SNC is greatest program ever assembled? What I have said is their accomplishments speak for themself. Especially when compared to a perennial national contender such as Utica. Try to keep up. I know it can be difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Well if The U does go D1,Oswego will miss playing them, always a good show....or maybe they can still give it the ol college try??
                                Agreed, never a dull moment

Comment

Working...
                                X