Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Umm, I hate to break it to you, but it's Fishman who claimed that. None of us cared in the first place. And then he wouldn't answer the question to back it up. Many of us are sick and tired of the Utica Perennials fans completely unwarranted and unearned attitude.

I have no horse to ride on, high or low. Hell, my alma mater sucks. It's you Utica Perennials fans who have this ridiculous overrated high horse your riding.

Here's a suggestion -- get out of the worst conference in D3 hockey and play some nonconference games on the road. Maybe then you'll be battle tested for the time of the year when it really matters instead of some overrated big mouth chokers.
    Here's a suggestion for YOU: if you're so tired of Utica fans talking their team up, just go away.

Problem solved, Russ!

You don't see any of us trolling on the Canton thread.

(Oh, yeah, never mind.)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2022, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      I did watch the game, the entire game. And I’ve seen enough great goaltending and defensive play to be able to comment, both regular season, conference playoffs, and NCAA playoffs (I suspect many,many more than you).
      I’d give the UNE goalie the number 1 star, but the TEAM and coach should get as much as he did.

Maybe you can explain why you go off into name-calling deranged rants?
      I apologize for my rant, if you actually watched the game. (I don't know why you would have, but I'll take your word for it.)

Having said that, if you didn't see the ice decidedly tilted toward the Nor'easter's goal for the last 40 minutes, you must have been watching something else...

(Or just being here to snipe, which I believe is much more likely... Certainly wouldn't be the first time you've trolled a Utica thread.)
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Don't play semantics. Utica has been a (let's say) top-10 team for a few years now. If that's not "perennial" enough for you, fine.
        I can accept that.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Here's a suggestion for YOU: if you're so tired of Utica fans talking their team up, just go away.
          Nope.

You don't see any of us trolling on the Canton thread.

(Oh, yeah, never mind.)
          I didn’t go to Canton.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

I apologize for my rant, if you actually watched the game. (I don't know why you would have, but I'll take your word for it.)
            Because he’s a D3 hockey fan and likes to watch the playoffs? Why is this so difficult for you?!

Having said that, if you didn't see the ice decidedly tilted toward the Nor'easter's goal for the last 40 minutes, you must have been watching something else...
            He never said the ice wasn’t tilted one way. He explained why UNE's defense was able to hold Utica at bay. You really having trouble reading, don’t you?
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Don't play semantics. Utica has been a (let's say) top-10 team for a few years now. If that's not "perennial" enough for you, fine.

And, as to NCAA berths, don't be so disingenuous as to pretend that you don't know that the ECAC West was absolutely screwed in the "selection process" for years and years.
              The Top 10 ranking is meaningless when the record is built up playing in a poor conference and come mid-March you can't get it done. When it comes to polls the only meaningful one is the last one, with voting made easy thanks to the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Because he’s a D3 hockey fan and likes to watch the playoffs? Why is this so difficult for you?!

He never said the ice wasn’t tilted one way. He explained why UNE's defense was able to hold Utica at bay. You really having trouble reading, don’t you?
                He has trouble answering questions that are inconvenient and the answer would run contrary to his staked position. He also has problems understanding why people don't think like he does and would do something differently. (HINT: Most people aren't sociopathic and narcissistic.)

Comment

• This folks I can tell you that Utica is in fact attempting to move to D1 for hockey. I’ve heard from some reliable sources, they are currently trying to work out some small road bumps. One is the fact that they play in an off campus site, maintained by AHL Utica Comets. I’ve heard that some other D1 schools are viewing that as a recruiting advantage. The building of the Nexus Center etc. It’s obvious that Utica University won’t be building an on campus rink anytime soon, or ever. I’m assuming once the road bumps are flattened out, Utica will be making the official announcement.
                  As far as the UNE game, they had a great game plan coming into the Aud. They stayed to the plan, got the bounces. Utica had multiple opportunities to put the puck in the net. I lost count how many times the puck was in the slot or right next to goal mouth and Utica wasn’t able to score. I’ve watched many Utica games and I’d say on any given night they would have scored on at least two or three of those opportunities. That’s hockey folks, sometimes you get the bounces sometimes you don’t. Not the first time something like this has happened.

Comment

(Or just being here to snipe, which I believe is much more likely... Certainly wouldn't be the first time you've trolled a Utica thread.)
                    As Russell said, I enjoy watching DIII hockey (and collegiate hockey in general). As you pointed out, the NU team I follow isn’t in this years tournament. Because it was played at 2 pm, UTI-UNE was the only game to see, so I watched it in it’s entirety. I split time in the evening between those 3 games, watching more of the SNC game because it was close. ADR-HOB was essentially over in the second, and GEN-BAB later (once they decided to concentrate on defense again).
                    The ice seemed tilted because Utica was behind and had no choice but to press. The team that I saw with the most odd-man rushes was the one in blue, all game. They made a decision to make their one goal (by taking advantage of a bad defensive play) stand up, and they executed that plan to near perfection. And their VERY good goalie made stops on all the ones a decent goalie should, and the 4 or 5 they might not.
                    IMO, one team had a well thought out plan that was executed. The other couldn’t recover. (Maybe they read the message boards about how some conferences don’t deserve bids.)
                    Last edited by jerrynu26; 03-23-2022, 08:40 AM.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                      As Russell said, I enjoy watching DIII hockey (and collegiate hockey in general). As you pointed out, the NU team I follow isn’t in this years tournament. Because it was played at 2 pm, UTI-UNE was the only game to see, so I watched it in it’s entirety. I split time in the evening between those 3 games, watching more of the SNC game because it was close. ADR-HOB was essentially over in the second, and GEN-BAB later (once they decided to concentrate on defense again).
                      The ice seemed tilted because Utica was behind and had no choice but to press. The team that I saw with the most odd-man rushes was the one in blue, all game. They made a decision to make their one goal (by taking advantage of a bad defensive play) stand up, and they executed that plan to near perfection. And their VERY good goalie made stops on all the ones a decent goalie should, and the 4 or 5 they might not.
                      IMO, one team had a well thought out plan that was executed. The other couldn’t recover. (Maybe they read the message boards about how some conferences don’t deserve bids.)
                      Well, no. Utica carried the play for most of the game, regardless of the score.

If you wanted to watch a close game, you should have watched THAT one, not the SNC game.

NEC had exactly two odd-mans, both within a couple seconds of each other during a 2nd period PK.

Didn't you say that you saw the entire game?

*Sigh*

God, you trolls are tiresome.

Comment

Nope.

I didn’t go to Canton.
                        I don't necessarily pay a lot of attention to such things, but I thought you once said that you bleed Kangaroo, um, blue?

Was it Potsdam?

Saw them once when UC had to move a home game to Hamilton on VERY short notice. (Some issue with electricity at The Aud necessitated an instant turnaround, and Hamilton was very accommodating.)

I remember that game for a few reasons:

1. The mad dash down the road to catch the delayed start at Hamilton.

2. Potty's awesome bear-themed unis. (I'm a bear of a sort, myself.)

3. Heenan- in his younger days- berating his own team in a quiet arena while employing the "P" word at the top of his lungs, and in front of a bunch of kids. I didn't approve.

4. Potsdam coming back from a 3-1 third-period deficit to garner a tie. That team didn't give up.

GD, that had to be 15 years ago, but you remember what you remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                          This folks I can tell you that Utica is in fact attempting to move to D1 for hockey. I’ve heard from some reliable sources, they are currently trying to work out some small road bumps. One is the fact that they play in an off campus site, maintained by AHL Utica Comets. I’ve heard that some other D1 schools are viewing that as a recruiting advantage. The building of the Nexus Center etc. It’s obvious that Utica University won’t be building an on campus rink anytime soon, or ever. I’m assuming once the road bumps are flattened out, Utica will be making the official announcement.
                          As far as the UNE game, they had a great game plan coming into the Aud. They stayed to the plan, got the bounces. Utica had multiple opportunities to put the puck in the net. I lost count how many times the puck was in the slot or right next to goal mouth and Utica wasn’t able to score. I’ve watched many Utica games and I’d say on any given night they would have scored on at least two or three of those opportunities. That’s hockey folks, sometimes you get the bounces sometimes you don’t. Not the first time something like this has happened.
                          I've already expressed my misgivings about UU going D-1, but there are many twists and turns to consider.

What's your opinion about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Which has already been confirmed. Ask around.........
                            Taking an informal poll re: Utica going D-!. I'd like to hear your take on the topic. I'm out of the loop anymore.

Comment

I don't necessarily pay a lot of attention to such things, but I thought you once said that you bleed Kangaroo, um, blue?

Was it Potsdam?

Saw them once when UC had to move a home game to Hamilton on VERY short notice. (Some issue with electricity at The Aud necessitated an instant turnaround, and Hamilton was very accommodating.)
                              I never in my wildest dreams would ever say I bleed Kangaroo. I don't think I ever typed Kangeroo on a message board until today.

Holy cow, I went to that game. Arrived at Utica. Perplexed that the parking lot was empty. Saw the note on the doors. Went, "oh crap." Shot down to Clinton only barely remembering how to get to Hamilton College (long before GPS and smart phones). Got into the game late. Bizarre situation.

I think the Aud ice melted due to some malfunction.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Well, no. Utica carried the play for most of the game, regardless of the score.

If you wanted to watch a close game, you should have watched THAT one, not the SNC game.

NEC had exactly two odd-mans, both within a couple seconds of each other during a 2nd period PK.

Didn't you say that you saw the entire game?

*Sigh*

God, you trolls are tiresome.
                                The SNC game was 1-1 until there were 6 minutes left you meatchunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X