Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

i'm curious. Did you see the game, or are you just trolling?

I'm convinced that it's the the latter.

Why on Earth are you offering an opinion?

You clearly didn't watch the game. Go pound sand.

Why oh why do you little embarrassments feel the need to opine on topics that you know nothing about?

As if NU was still alive. You silly little p***y.

Develop a hobby already. "Your" season was over weeks ago.
    What in the world is wrong with you Fishman? You are seriously a mentally ill person.

Did you even read what jerry wrote? It was a very accurate quick analysis of the game. Not to mention, jerry writes some very good comments. Something I can't say about you lately. You've gone into a dark paranoid rabbit hole of mental insanity.

And I know you'll prove me right by going all out on me. I'm waiting...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

What in the world is wrong with you Fishman? You are seriously a mentally ill person.

Did you even read what jerry wrote? It was a very accurate quick analysis of the game. Not to mention, jerry writes some very good comments. Something I can't say about you lately. You've gone into a dark paranoid rabbit hole of mental insanity.

And I know you'll prove me right by going all out on me. I'm waiting...
      You can’t deny that you are all provoking him. He says some dumb stuff and at this point we all know to take what he says with a grain of salt. But sometimes I don’t blame him for lashing out. Most of the things you guys write are simply to try and get a rise out of Fishman. And its funny sometimes I will admit, but gets old. Its the same people too, shockingly from teams who are also eliminated but can’t help but live in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

You can’t deny that you are all provoking him. He says some dumb stuff and at this point we all know to take what he says with a grain of salt. But sometimes I don’t blame him for lashing out. Most of the things you guys write are simply to try and get a rise out of Fishman. And its funny sometimes I will admit, but gets old. Its the same people too, shockingly from teams who are also eliminated but can’t help but live in the past.
        My issue with Fishman was questioning him on his assertion that Utica is a "perennial national contender," which was a legitimate question considering Utica has done virtually nothing on a national stage. He elected to not answer the question and responded with insults. I'm here to have a hockey discussion. If he wants to engage in something else, then the rest of us can oblige his narcissism.

Other teams performances have nothing to do with Utica and their one all-time win in the national tournament. Come to think of it, that matches the win total of "living in the past" St. Norbert in the 2022 tournament. You know, the tournament that Utica got zero wins in. But as you mentioned in an earlier post, the rest of us all want what Utica has. Personally I will take playing before smaller crowds in a community rink with bona fide national success over a quarter century than pratfalling on the few occasions we make the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

My issue with Fishman was questioning him on his assertion that Utica is a "perennial national contender," which was a legitimate question considering Utica has done virtually nothing on a national stage. He elected to not answer the question and responded with insults. I'm here to have a hockey discussion. If he wants to engage in something else, then the rest of us can oblige his narcissism.

Other teams performances have nothing to do with Utica and their one all-time win in the national tournament. Come to think of it, that matches the win total of "living in the past" St. Norbert in the 2022 tournament. You know, the tournament that Utica got zero wins in. But as you mentioned in an earlier post, the rest of us all want what Utica has. Personally I will take playing before smaller crowds in a community rink with bona fide national success over a quarter century than pratfalling on the few occasions we make the tournament.
          Utica Hockey has not been around for a quarter century. In the last two national tournaments they have been seeded #1 and #2. It would be silly to think they aren’t a program on the rise. They aren’t a perennial national contender because you are right, they haven’t accomplished anything when it really matters. But to insist they have not turned into one of the top teams in the country consistently over the past 5 years is a dumb assessment

Comment

Utica Hockey has not been around for a quarter century. In the last two national tournaments they have been seeded #1 and #2. It would be silly to think they aren’t a program on the rise. They aren’t a perennial national contender because you are right, they haven’t accomplished anything when it really matters. But to insist they have not turned into one of the top teams in the country consistently over the past 5 years is a dumb assessment
            He never said they were not one of the top teams in the country. Once again, the deflection from his question. Not to mention, all you need to do is look at the past 10 years (don't worry about 25) and compare programs like SNC or Stevens Point or Norwich to Utica. Heck, compare Geneseo -- at least they made it to the semifinal four times in that span. Utica has won just one freaking NCAA playoff game. One!

Fishman was asked what makes Utica a perennial contender. He never answered.

Hint: Like you said, they are not.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

He never said they were not one of the top teams in the country. Once again, the deflection from his question. Not to mention, all you need to do is look at the past 10 years (don't worry about 25) and compare programs like SNC or Stevens Point or Norwich to Utica. Heck, compare Geneseo -- at least they made it to the semifinal four times in that span. Utica has won just one freaking NCAA playoff game. One!

Fishman was asked what makes Utica a perennial contender. He never answered.

Hint: Like you said, they are not.
              I think this whole “perennial national contender” argument is crazy. First off, it is completely arbitrary, and there is nothing that distinguishes a “perennial national contender” other than your agenda against Utica. It could very well be a team that is consistently ranked top 10 year after year. You are comparing a 20 year old program to legendary D3 programs. Let me know when you want to get off your high horse, Russell.

Comment

I think this whole “perennial national contender” argument is crazy. First off, it is completely arbitrary, and there is nothing that distinguishes a “perennial national contender” other than your agenda against Utica. It could very well be a team that is consistently ranked top 10 year after year. You are comparing a 20 year old program to legendary D3 programs. Let me know when you want to get off your high horse, Russell.
                Umm, I hate to break it to you, but it's Fishman who claimed that. None of us cared in the first place. And then he wouldn't answer the question to back it up. Many of us are sick and tired of the Utica Perennials fans completely unwarranted and unearned attitude.

I have no horse to ride on, high or low. Hell, my alma mater sucks. It's you Utica Perennials fans who have this ridiculous overrated high horse your riding.

Here's a suggestion -- get out of the worst conference in D3 hockey and play some nonconference games on the road. Maybe then you'll be battle tested for the time of the year when it really matters instead of some overrated big mouth chokers.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Umm, I hate to break it to you, but it's Fishman who claimed that. None of us cared in the first place. And then he wouldn't answer the question to back it up. Many of us are sick and tired of the Utica Perennials fans completely unwarranted and unearned attitude.

I have no horse to ride on, high or low. Hell, my alma mater sucks. It's you Utica Perennials fans who have this ridiculous overrated high horse your riding.

Here's a suggestion -- get out of the worst conference in D3 hockey and play some nonconference games on the road. Maybe then you'll be battle tested for the time of the year when it really matters instead of some overrated big mouth chokers.
                  +1
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Here's a suggestion -- get out of the worst conference in D3 hockey and play some non-conference games on the road. Maybe then you'll be battle tested for the time of the year when it really matters .
                    And there it is, Utica fans.... this is how the rest of the country see you. You won't play good teams (or this year any team) on the road unless your conference demands it.

Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

How old do you think Adrian's program is? They have "perennial national contender" status.

Comment

Why do you care so much that we cheer for our team on our own thread? It's you guys that find the need to hijack it for some reason.

We can't choose what conference were in unfortunately. Everyone realizes its a layup league - and will probably be WORSE next year since Wilkes graduates their entire team. But Utica does play Adrian every year and the site alternates every year. They also host a Thanksgiving tournament every year that further takes away from NC opportunities.

You talk a lot of smack for being a "USCHO columnist" - you should call one of the UC players or Mr Heenan a mouth choker to their face, not behind a computer. I would bet a tournament bid for the next 10 years that you wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

How old do you think Adrian's program is? They have "perennial national contender" status.
                          They were a late starter in ‘07 I believe.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

They are working on getting out of the worst conference in D3 unfortunately its only to get into the worst conference in D1, sorry just had to stir up some trouble but if any one wants to put some money on the dates of the athletics transition announcement I would like the graduation weekend square.

I am not going to disagree, smucks like Fishnutz make Utica Fans look dumb but remember there are some of us who know hockey for example as a die hard UC guy I can still appreciate the defensive hockey clinic UNE put on (perfect balance of clogging the middle and still giving your goalie a good view of the puck). Am I disappointed yes but I can recognize when we were not the best team on the ice. Yes they need to play some tougher games especially in that slot before the end of season conference game push because as the old saying goes iron sharpens iron and anyone who has ever played a sport knows the only way to win big games is play big games. On the plus side we should have a lot of guys back next year and if they really are gamers they will all remember that loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                              They were a late starter in ‘07 I believe.
                              Yep. That illustrates my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post

They are working on getting out of the worst conference in D3 unfortunately its only to get into the worst conference in D1, sorry just had to stir up some trouble but if any one wants to put some money on the dates of the athletics transition announcement I would like the graduation weekend square.

I am not going to disagree, smucks like Fishnutz make Utica Fans look dumb but remember there are some of us who know hockey for example as a die hard UC guy I can still appreciate the defensive hockey clinic UNE put on (perfect balance of clogging the middle and still giving your goalie a good view of the puck). Am I disappointed yes but I can recognize when we were not the best team on the ice. Yes they need to play some tougher games especially in that slot before the end of season conference game push because as the old saying goes iron sharpens iron and anyone who has ever played a sport knows the only way to win big games is play big games. On the plus side we should have a lot of guys back next year and if they really are gamers they will all remember that loss.
                                +1 ( on the game summary at least)
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X