No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And your regular season champion will not be left out. Adrian will be the #1 overall seed no matter what happens the next two Saturdays.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
      And your regular season champion will not be left out. Adrian will be the #1 overall seed no matter what happens the next two Saturdays.
      Yes, and why not.

Adrian had the best RS in the nation, if only by a narrow margin.

I have no issue whatsoever with AC being the overall #1 seed, and the PW supports that.

Comment

• Just curious. What do you mean by “ if only by a narrow margin.”

Comment

• Originally posted by GPC1 View Post
          Just curious. What do you mean by “ if only by a narrow margin.”
          Look at the RPI.

UC and Adrian split two games this season, and Adrian didn't have the same SOS.

But I'm not complaining, AC has the best numbers in the Nation right now.

Comment

• Ok. I’ll admit I’m new to this. Are you saying that Adrian’s SOS is less than Utica’s? Their adjusted RPI is .6959 vs Utica’s .6186. That a spread of .0774. That would make the adjusted RPI spread difference equivalent of #23 Curry and Utica. How is that narrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Look at the RPI.

UC and Adrian split two games this season, and Adrian didn't have the same SOS.

But I'm not complaining, AC has the best numbers in the Nation right now.
              Adrian's SOS was .5243, which was #5 in the country...while Utica's was .5106, which was #26 in the nation. What point were you trying to make here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

Adrian's SOS was .5243, which was #5 in the country...while Utica's was .5106, which was #26 in the nation. What point were you trying to make here?
                Utica beat Adrian four months ago.

Comment

Read the numbers wrong. My bad. Perhaps the post-game whiskey sours has something to do with that... I'll have The Warden read them to me next time.

Yet, in the net, you simply reinforce my contention that AC should have been awarded the hardware yesterday. ;-)

BTW, I also acknowledge that Tom and Oz made some funny comments at my expense. D-3 posters > D-1 posters, with certain glaring exceptions. (Nubby)
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-27-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Read the numbers wrong. My bad.

Yet, in the net, you simply reinforce my contention that AC should be awarded the hardware yesterday.

(Winky face.)
                    No I don't. Utica should not be rewarded because we beat up on the bottom feeders of Division 3 all season and then took 5 of 6 points from the only other good team. Anyone can win on any given day, that's why the tournament happens. Same reason why they do March Madness in basketball. The best team should win the conference tournament, and if they don't, it's because they fumbled the bag

Comment

Read the numbers wrong. My bad. Perhaps the post-game whiskey sours has something to do with that... I'll have The Warden read them to me next time.

Yet, in the net, you simply reinforce my contention that AC should have been awarded the hardware yesterday. ;-)

BTW, I also acknowledge that Tom and Oz made some funny comments at my expense. D-3 posters > D-1 posters, with certain glaring exceptions. (Nubby)
                      Someone's got a case of NDS

Comment

No I don't. Utica should not be rewarded because we beat up on the bottom feeders of Division 3 all season and then took 5 of 6 points from the only other good team. Anyone can win on any given day, that's why the tournament happens. Same reason why they do March Madness in basketball. The best team should win the conference tournament, and if they don't, it's because they fumbled the bag
                        Or, it's because the RS was negated by an extraneous PS tournament.

Come on, grow a brain.

Comment

Come on, grow a brain.
                          It’s simple, if your season is over because of a loss in a extraneous PS tournament, then your regular season performance wasn’t good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

It’s simple, if your season is over because of a loss in a extraneous PS tournament, then your regular season performance wasn’t good enough.
                            Every team (other than the WIAC) starts the season with two simple ways to guarantee an NCAA tournament bid:

1. Play well enough in the regular season to finish in the top 4 in the PWR (almost guaranteed and well deserved for Adrian, Utica, Geneseo, and Augsburg at this point)

OR

2. Get hot at the end of the year and win your conference tournament

Comment

Come on, grow a brain.
                              I'm not getting into this again. Fish on a daily basis you make our fanbase look so bad and it's just because of how ignorant you are on this forum

I promise all Utica people are not like this, it's literally just Fish

Comment

I'm not getting into this again. Fish on a daily basis you make our fanbase look so bad and it's just because of how ignorant you are on this forum

I promise all Utica people are not like this, it's literally just Fish
                                Totally. I’m genuinely embarrassed for the people actually associated with Utica hockey (coaches, players, parents) because of the nonsense and personal attacks he posts on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X