No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Anthem at "UU" games just won't be the same....
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Ignoring the little green trolls, it was good to see Dickson back in net tonight. (Not that Landsberger wasn't stellar in relief with his .963 Save %).

The drag is in the bag, in terms of home-ice throughout the silly tournament, but the ridiculous AQ isn't guaranteed... There's these guys from PA that nobody is talking about.

Wilkes is a very dangerous team. Better than Adrian, from what I've seen first-hand, and ditto via Genny.

Of course, five games in the aggregate is a limited sample-size, but watch out for Wilkes if they garner a berth. I am absolutely convinced that they could beat anyone on a given night.

Good weekend for the perennial national contenders. Looking forward to playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Good weekend for the perennial national contenders. Looking forward to playoffs.
        Yup.

But why does Utica have to play again on Tuesday? UC won the whole thing over a 25 game schedule, and Leb Valley is still in a position to take it away via a single game?

This entire AQ thing is completely idiotic.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-20-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

What a second, I get it, Fish is being facetious! He’s been following the University of Maine ever since THEY were D2. And they had that hot streak back in the 1900’s under Walsh when they won the whole thing once or twice.

Nicely played!
          Maine was decades out of D-2 when it won the entire enchilada, you moron.

And again, why are you here? Go s*** in your own yard, numbskull
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-20-2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Yup.

But why does Utica have to play again on Tuesday? UC won the whole thing over a 25 game schedule, and Leb Valley is still in a position to take it away via a single game?

Surprised there are no byes ? So the semi's and finals this weekend ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post

Surprised there are no byes ? So the semi's and finals this weekend ?
              Semis this Saturday and finals the following Saturday

Comment

Wilkes is a very dangerous team. Better than Adrian, from what I've seen first-hand, and ditto via Genny.

Of course, five games in the aggregate is a limited sample-size, but watch out for Wilkes if they garner a berth. I am absolutely convinced that they could beat anyone on a given night.
                I know coaches who are definitely not taking Wilkes lightly. They know they are a very good team.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Yup.

Think of it this way… the NCAA tournament starts now, but some may get a second chance at it. Win, and you keep playing. Lose, and you are in the hands of the at-large bids for that second chance.

If you’re good enough, you will keep winning. If you don’t keep winning, maybe you just aren’t good enough after all.

In summary, win.

Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

• Also...more games = more chances to improve your spot in the PWR.
                    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I know coaches who are definitely not taking Wilkes lightly. They know they are a very good team.
                      NOBODY should take Wilkes lightly.

Wilkes certainly is within the top-12 in the country, and should easily be in the field, if there was any justice in the equation.

(But maybe an AQ will displace them. This is what D-3 does.)
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-21-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                        Also...more games = more chances to improve your spot in the PWR.
                        Aren't 25 games enough?

The conference tournaments are ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81

Same dumb-*** argument yet again.

Last I checked, there was a 25 game RS for every team.

So, your point (evidently) is that the RS is meaningless?

If that's the case, forget about the RS and go directly to the tournament.

Incredibly dumb, but if that's what hoops does, it's somehow makes it legit to some folks.

Stupid following stupid is still stupid.
                          Angry. So, so angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Angry. So, so angry.
                            OK, you pathetic little troll, explain to me why conference tournaments make any sense.

You can't, because they don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                              Think of it this way… the NCAA tournament starts now, but some may get a second chance at it. Win, and you keep playing. Lose, and you are in the hands of the at-large bids for that second chance.

If you’re good enough, you will keep winning. If you don’t keep winning, maybe you just aren’t good enough after all.

In summary, win.
                              Isn't the RS good enough? We're talking 25 games, as opposed to a couple of weekends.

Comment

OK, you pathetic little troll, explain to me why conference tournaments make any sense.

You can't, because they don't.
                                Where have I said that conference tournaments make sense, Steve? For all you know I might agree with you. All I was doing was pointing out your anger issues that manifest itself in calling people names and your hubris in telling people where they should and should not post in an open message forum. I do find it interesting you deleted your original post, that is at least preserved in my quote reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X