Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
    While we almost never know with certainty everything that goes on in Board of Trustees meetings, I believe I can state with certainty that Utica College will never field a D-I hockey team.....never.
    Wow...looks like UCBadger was right! lololololololol

Edit: Oh my! Looks like I may need to change my name..........
    Last edited by UCBadger; 02-16-2022, 10:41 PM.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I think you could still technically right if they are a DII institution they would really just be a DII school that is playing up

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

It's as flat-line as Miss Nubby's EEG.

Therefore she p****** all over herself here... Lucky us.

Getting back to hockey, is there any scenario in which UC (UU?) can't win the UCHC RS? I can't find one, but I don't grasp all the nuance.
        I ask a simple question about a statement made and the anger flows from your fingers. It must be really sad to live such a miserable existence. I will light a candle for you, Steve, this Sunday before Mass with the hope you can find some inner peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post

I think you could still technically right if they are a DII institution they would really just be a DII school that is playing up
          I think you missed his joke...

(And you are correct, but only for hockey.)
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I think you missed his joke...

(And you are correct, but only for hockey.)
            Nope I am just refusing to recognize Utica University until they send me a new diploma (Which they will apparently be doing for a small donation $$$$)

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Not often do you see “perennial national contenders” get outscored 14-6 in a weekend….

Contenders or pretenders Mr Nubs?
              Last weekend was pretty humbling for us SNC faithful and alumni. Their quest for a 6th national title in the last 14 years looks like it will be a tall task for our group this season.

It is pretty cool that Utica beat Adrian in OT to open this season and earn that split at home back in October, but if you have a chance (and happen to care) take a look at the Adrian roster that played in that loss to Utica and compare it to the roster that suited up last weekend. It’s a little different now.

SNC has beaten Adrian a few times too (if that’s now the metric of a “good” team - one that may even consider going D1) including 3 times in the NCAA tournament, and the 2011 title game.

Comment

• Can the perennial national contenders who get spanked 14-6 in a weekend please take it to their own decrepit thread?

Can’t wait to jump over to the D1 thread. Hopefully they don’t invade other team threads to tell everyone how unstoppable their team is year after year. (All while getting beat 14-6 in a weekend)

Comment

Can the perennial national contenders who get spanked 14-6 in a weekend please take it to their own decrepit thread?

Can’t wait to jump over to the D1 thread. Hopefully they don’t invade other team threads to tell everyone how unstoppable their team is year after year. (All while getting beat 14-6 in a weekend)
                  Ha ha, no doubt! I’ve suggested re-naming this thread “D3 hockey thread” because it’s really the only active one.

Again, best of luck to Utica this season. They look tough, but unfortunately I fear playing in the very worst conference in all of D3 will not adequately prepare them for the competition they will face very soon.

As for SNC being “unstoppable” I’m not sure I can agree with you there. They’re going to have to dig pretty deep if they are going to make a run this season. If our house isn’t in perfect order I’m not going to critique someone else’s…

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

Ha ha, no doubt! I’ve suggested re-naming this thread “D3 hockey thread” because it’s really the only active one.

Again, best of luck to Utica this season. They look tough, but unfortunately I fear playing in the very worst conference in all of D3 will not adequately prepare them for the competition they will face very soon.

As for SNC being “unstoppable” I’m not sure I can agree with you there. They’re going to have to dig pretty deep if they are going to make a run this season. If our house isn’t in perfect order I’m not going to critique someone else’s…
                    your all missing the point,which is...Is all RIT's fault

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

It always has been…

Comment

Can the perennial national contenders who get spanked 14-6 in a weekend please take it to their own decrepit thread?

You're very naive. The D1 threads are WAY worse than anything that's been on this side of the message board.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

You're very naive. The D1 threads are WAY worse than anything that's been on this side of the message board.
                          We finally agree on something, Russ!

But this D-3 forum has at least one extraneous, petty little p**** on it who's as pathetic as anyone I've ever seen on a D-1 thread, and we all know who she is.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-17-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Well, there's that...

Comment

There seems to be nothing meaningful via calling yourself a "university" v. a "college".

UC itself admitted that in yesterday's presser. Nothing will change in terms of academics; it's apparently all about the signage, period.

(And UU sounds lousy compared to UC.)

I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There seems to be nothing meaningful via calling yourself a "university" v. a "college".

UC itself admitted that in yesterday's presser. Nothing will change in terms of academics; it's apparently all about the signage, period.

(And UU sounds lousy compared to UC.)

I don't get it.
                                They can add a secondary nickname of "The Double U"

Comment

Working...
                                X