Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

St Norbert past 5 seasons
      85-22-6 .7522 win percentage

Utica past 5 seasons
      91-18-5 .7982 win percentage

Tides are starting to change. Don't let the door hit you on the way out
      This is a faulty hypothesis. This is only applicable data if the schedules were exactly the same. Even then, the question at hand is perennial national contender, which I believe has been addressed by Jerry.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
        Yeah, but NCAA appearances last 5 years:
        SNC 4 appearances, 1 championship
        Utica. Crickets
        Jerry, let's give credit where it is due. SOME would count the 2020 tournament as an appearance since they were in the tournament. What we will never know is if Utica would have had an untimely instance of puddin pants or not. That is open to debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

This is a faulty hypothesis. This is only applicable data if the schedules were exactly the same. Even then, the question at hand is perennial national contender, which I believe has been addressed by Jerry.
          Of course the schedules weren't identical. UC's was more difficult, dip****.

Go away and start your own thread, already. You bring nothing here, aside from your little-girl nanny-nanny BS. You know absolutely nothing about UC hockey, yet you are compelled to post here.

You truly are epitome of a "troll"... Lock, stock and barrel. Another anonymous coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Jerry, let's give credit where it is due. SOME would count the 2020 tournament as an appearance since they were in the tournament. What we will never know is if Utica would have had an untimely instance of puddin pants or not. That is open to debate.
            They literally announced the bracket, so it's not assumption, they were the #1 seed in the tournament. Anybody who doesn't count that as an appearance is just ignorant

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

They literally announced the bracket, so it's not assumption, they were the #1 seed in the tournament. Anybody who doesn't count that as an appearance is just ignorant
              And as we all know, getting the #1 seed makes a team a lock for winning a title. That's why they didn't bother playing the tourney in 2020.
              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Go away and start your own thread, already. You bring nothing here, aside from your little-girl nanny-nanny BS. You know absolutely nothing about UC hockey, yet you are compelled to post here.

You truly are epitome of a "troll"... Lock, stock and barrel. Another anonymous coward.
                You are doing it again. I would like to see the data and hear your empirical evidence as to how Utica's schedule is allegedly more difficult. What are you basing this on, Steve, other than your own opinion? Ad hom doesn't carry the water. If you actually had some evidence to bolster your claims, you may just win me over. If your position is correct then it shouldn't be too hard to defend it, but right now your tantrums when pressed make you sound like Trump.
                Last edited by Sir Nubs; 02-05-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post

And as we all know, getting the #1 seed makes a team a lock for winning a title. That's why they didn't bother playing the tourney in 2020.
                  I never said that, I was just pointing out how ignorant it would be to say they shouldn't count that tournament appearance, but thanks for twisting my words to make whatever point you were trying to make

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

I never said that, I was just pointing out how ignorant it would be to say they shouldn't count that tournament appearance, but thanks for twisting my words to make whatever point you were trying to make
                    Ignorance is a thing here. The trolls know zero about UC hockey, yet they insist on opining. I don't remember a single Utica fan trolling a SNC thread, if one ever existed.

Perhaps they could start their own threads..? Probably not; people don't care enough about SNC, et al, to attempt such a thing, and that's why the trolls are HERE.

Little weenies such as Miss Nubbie have nothing better to do with their lame excuses for lives, apparently, and that is truly sad. Hope they mamas send them down a plate of Kraft mac and cheese to the basement once in a while.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2022, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Ignorance is a thing here. The trolls know zero about UC hockey, yet they insist on opining. I don't remember a single Utica fan trolling a SNC thread, if one ever existed.

Perhaps they could start their own threads..? Probably not; people don't care enough about SNC, et al, to attempt such a thing, and that's why the trolls are HERE.

Little weenies such as Miss Nubbie have nothing better to do with their lame excuses for lives, apparently, and that is truly sad. Hope they mamas send them down a plate of Kraft mac and cheese to the basement once in a while.
                      Who is trolling? You made a statement about Utica. I respectfully asked to hear your rationale behind it. Why would I start a new thread about that? The most logical place to have that discussion is in the Utica thread.

Instead of an intelligent discussion or offering even a scintilla of evidence backing your claims, the best you can do is third-grade level insults and ad hominem attacks. You really are no different than Trump, Steve.

Comment

• So we were feeling a bit chilly at noon today, and had a couple of tests in the house...

Yes, we're positive, so we stayed home.

The stream was pretty decent (unlike yesterday's), and UC put it away in the 3rd despite playing the very end of the bench and the #3 goalie all game long.

I'm not sure if Canton is better than its record indicates, or if the lineup for UC today just wasn't up to snuff, but I'll certainly give Diamond credit for keeping the 'Roos in the game for a long time.

Comment

The "selection process" was a s**t-show until the PWR came into the equation. Even the slowest mind recognizes this fact. (Or, maybe not, considering YOUR posts.)

Utica was screwed for years, whereas SNC was basically a shoo-in half the time, via the AQ.

And if you don't agree that UC has been a top-10 team -via any reasonable metric- for some years now..? That would be a typically clueless Miss Nubs notion.

Please go away. Don't you have a puppy to kick in-between beers?

Nobody appreciates your *insight* here, DBag. Take your mindless anger elsewhere, or cultivate a hobby.

Your bull**** is beyond tiresome.
                          The "selection process s-show" you claim screwed Utica for years didn't seem to slow down UWSP, who had all the same disadvantages and yet actually was a National Power House as evident by numerous titles and NCAA appearances. They even had another National Champ come out of their conference in UWEC in 2013, again, who had the same disadvantages. What is Utica's excuse again?

Being a top ten team in polls means nothing. Propping a team up using that is loser talk. Qualify for the tournament and win in it if you want be a power house. Until then, you are not even an also ran, you are a never was.

​​​
                          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post

The "selection process s-show" you claim screwed Utica for years didn't seem to slow down UWSP, who had all the same disadvantages and yet actually was a National Power House as evident by numerous titles and NCAA appearances. They even had another National Champ come out of their conference in UWEC in 2013, again, who had the same disadvantages. What is Utica's excuse again?

Being a top ten team in polls means nothing. Propping a team up using that is loser talk. Qualify for the tournament and win in it if you want be a power house. Until then, you are not even an also ran, you are a never was.

​​​
                            Complete bull****. Utica played in a conference that wasn't gifted an AQ for years and years. No PW to select "Pool C"... Get it?

Nobody is slighting Eau Claire here, Einstein... Don't you have a puppy to kick?
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-06-2022, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Complete bull****. Utica played in a conference that wasn't gifted an AQ for years. No PW. Get it?

Nobody is slighting Eau Claire here, Einstein... Don't you have a puppy to kick?
                              I'm good, I kicked all the puppies I needed to yesterday.

I think Nubs is right, you are just like Trump. You ignore the facts of a situation and make up your own.

What AQ did UWSP get when they won their recent championships? That's right, none. They were in the same situation as Utica and unlike Utica, actually won enough games to qualify for the tournament and then when they got there, won the thing. If one team can do it, there are no excuses for the other team. They had the same situation. The actual national power got results like a national power would. The other team is at home making excuses that the system failed them.

If UWSP doesn't get in due to Pairwise rankings this year, I am not going to complain they should go back to the old system. It will be because they didn't win enough games. Not some screw job. They were not good enough.
                              Last edited by BetterInLakePlacid; 02-06-2022, 08:50 PM.
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Since the dip**** believes in empirical data to prove or disproves statements, I went to the Massey Ratings website to compare St. Norbert and Utica's schedules over the last 10 seasons, excluding 2021 as SNC did not play.

The Strength of Schedule as computed by Massey is listed here with St. Norbert first and Utica second. Only in one of those seasons did Utica have a schedule considered the stronger. Keep in mind this is out of roughly 80 teams give or take a few depending on the year.

2022: 20-46
                                2020: 9-61
                                2019: 32-67
                                2018: 15-70
                                2017: 31-46
                                2016: 5-25
                                2015: 32-22
                                2014: 18-29
                                2013: 7-15
                                2012: 7-15
                                2011: 13-30

So there you have it. Hard facts and not just opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X