Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

Let's not pretend like they weren't the #1 overall seed in the COVID-canceled tournament...
    That and a buck and a half will get you a cup of coffee. They have one NCAA win all-time and had not even qualified for the tournament between 2013 and 2020. Some "perennial contender."

Standards sure have slipped around here.

Comment

• Nubs...Somebody pee in your cornflakes ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Ok here is where Remi would school all/most...Miss the guy for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Nubs...Somebody pee in your cornflakes ?
          Nope. I'm just questioning the statement of "perennial national contender" when discussing a program that has one all-time win in the tournament and went seven years between appearances. I didnt say this version of Utica isn't a contender. They have yet to reach perennial status in my opinion.

Comment

• Guess I have to give you that.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Ok here is where Remi would school all/most...Miss the guy for sure
              I think if any school has a chance to jump to D1, go in with both feet and don't look back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Nope. I'm just questioning the statement of "perennial national contender" when discussing a program that has one all-time win in the tournament and went seven years between appearances. I didnt say this version of Utica isn't a contender. They have yet to reach perennial status in my opinion.
                The "selection process" was a s**t-show until the PWR came into the equation. Even the slowest mind recognizes this fact. (Or, maybe not, considering YOUR posts.)

Utica was screwed for years, whereas SNC was basically a shoo-in half the time, via the AQ.

And if you don't agree that UC has been a top-10 team -via any reasonable metric- for some years now..? That would be a typically clueless Miss Nubs notion.

Please go away. Don't you have a puppy to kick in-between beers?

Nobody appreciates your *insight* here, DBag. Take your mindless anger elsewhere, or cultivate a hobby.

Your bull**** is beyond tiresome.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-01-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

The "selection process" was a ****-show until the PWR came into the equation. Utica was screwed for years, whereas SNC was basically a shoo-in half the time, via the AQ.

Please go away. Don't you have a puppy to kick at home, or some other way to vent your mindless anger?
                  How was SNC a "shoo-in" when they had Adrian in their league for how many years now? Arguably two of if not the most successful programs in NCAA D3 over the last decade.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

How was SNC a "shoo-in" when they had Adrian in their league for how many years now? Arguably two of if not the most successful programs in NCAA D3 over the last decade.
                    1. "Shoo-in" is an actual term.

2. I have no problem with SNC. Nubby's BS has nothing to do with their success.

3. Both Adrian and SNC made the NCAA's frequently, sure. Maybe they both made it out of their conference in the same season a few times, IDK. But the field is much smaller out West.

4. And the selection process was totally illogical back then.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-01-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

The "selection process" was a s**t-show until the PWR came into the equation. Even the slowest mind recognizes this fact. (Or, maybe not, considering YOUR posts.)

Utica was screwed for years, whereas SNC was basically a shoo-in half the time, via the AQ.

And if you don't agree that UC has been a top-10 team -via any reasonable metric- for some years now..? That would be a typically clueless Miss Nubs notion.

Please go away. Don't you have a puppy to kick in-between beers?

Nobody appreciates your *insight* here, DBag. Take your mindless anger elsewhere, or cultivate a hobby.

Your bull**** is beyond tiresome.
                      As usual, instead of buttressing your position with facts it's galloping off into the realm of ad hominem attacks. Not to mention the program's own shortcomings (untimely losses, weak schedule, etc.) being a bigger factor than any perceived NCAA "screw job."

Have a Coke and a smile, Steve. You'll feel better.

Comment

As usual, instead of buttressing your position with facts it's galloping off into the realm of ad hominen attacks. Not to mention the program's own shortcomings (untimely losses, weak schedule, etc.) being a bigger factor than any perceived NCAA "screw job."

Have a Coke and a smile, Steve. You'll feel better.
                        There are two ways to abbreviate AH on here.

One is the rarely-used "ad-hominem" thing, and the other is the more commonly-used shortcut to refer to a person as an "a******", and the latter term describes you.

If SNC is such hot ****, why don't you start a thread, and get TF out of here? Your little-girl trolling isn't entertaining to anyone.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-03-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

There are two ways to abbreviate AH on here.

One is the rarely-used "ad-hominem" thing, and the other is the more commonly-used shortcut to refer to a person as an "a******", and the latter term describes you.

If SNC is such hot ****, why don't you start a thread, and get TF out of here? Your little-girl trolling isn't entertaining to anyone.
                          Who's trolling? I'm simply asking you to state the evidence that backs your claim that Utica is a perennial national power? Based on your inability or unwillingness to do so and attack me instead, I can only conclude that you are conceding defeat.

As for SNC being the vulgar term you used, I don't need to start any thread. The five national championship banners hanging in their barn do all the talking.

Try a diet Coke (to keep your blood sugar low and keep you from going off on a glucose rage) and take a deep breath this time, Steve. You'll feel better.

Comment

• Nubs unlike Fish I'll bring actual information to this argument. I am a UC guy through and through but I will agree with you it's not like they are sitting on a bunch of National Titles. But in doing this kind of jump neither was RIT when they made the jump they last won it in 85. This kind of major athletics reclassification has very little to do with past (or and this is going to **** a lot of people off) future athletics success its about enrollments. If the college thinks converting their athletics programs is going to drive more enrollments and help to create a steady source of FTE's (think students divided by credits taken) i.e. tuition dollars then they will do it. I am sure they are paying some consultant somewhere to look at this and when the report comes in the president and the board of trustees will hem and haw for about a year and make a decision

Comment

• Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                              Nubs unlike Fish I'll bring actual information to this argument. I am a UC guy through and through but I will agree with you it's not like they are sitting on a bunch of National Titles. But in doing this kind of jump neither was RIT when they made the jump they last won it in 85. This kind of major athletics reclassification has very little to do with past (or and this is going to **** a lot of people off) future athletics success its about enrollments. If the college thinks converting their athletics programs is going to drive more enrollments and help to create a steady source of FTE's (think students divided by credits taken) i.e. tuition dollars then they will do it. I am sure they are paying some consultant somewhere to look at this and when the report comes in the president and the board of trustees will hem and haw for about a year and make a decision
                              I'm not all that interested in a potential move to D1 for Utica. There are pros and cons to both. I'm merely interested in the reasons and data supporting same that Utica is a "perennial national contender" at the D3 level as asserted by Fishman despite only having one NCAA Tournament win in their history.
                              Last edited by Sir Nubs; 02-04-2022, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I'm not all that interested in a potential move to D1 for Utica. There are pros and cons to both. I'm merely interested in the reasons and data supporting same that Utica is a "perennial national contender" at the D3 level as asserted by Fishman despite only having one NCAA Tournament win in their history.
                                St Norbert past 5 seasons
                                85-22-6 .7522 win percentage

Utica past 5 seasons
                                91-18-5 .7982 win percentage

Tides are starting to change. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Comment

Working...
                                X