Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Fish...off topic but Q-Pac #1 in the country plays at Colgate tomorrow. Just saying, might be good for you to see a D1 game. Gate will probably get spanked unless the Q looks ahead to Cornell the next night. The game is also on ESPN+.
    Oh, now you did it. You went-and-mentioned D1, so now the topic of Utica going D1 is going to come-alive again!

Actually, the timing of this is quite appropriate since “the vote” was scheduled to happen this week, as I recall.

Stay tuned…
    ~TTF
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Comment

• I'm innocent, just thought he might enjoy seeing the #1 team in the country. I think he said he hasn't seen Gate's new rink either.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Fish...off topic but Q-Pac #1 in the country plays at Colgate tomorrow. Just saying, might be good for you to see a D1 game. Gate will probably get spanked unless the Q looks ahead to Cornell the next night. The game is also on ESPN+.
        Shabby, The Q is #4 in the PW, which is the only ranking that matters.

I still expect them to beat 'Gate. And probably Cornell.

I'd like to see that game, but if I do it'll be a stream.

You attending? Might be a fun watch.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-20-2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
          Oh, now you did it. You went-and-mentioned D1, so now the topic of Utica going D1 is going to come-alive again!

Actually, the timing of this is quite appropriate since “the vote” was scheduled to happen this week, as I recall.

Stay tuned…
          ~TTF
          There is no local chatter about UC applying for D-1. None.

I'm guessing that it isn't in the works, nor should it be.

If UC went to the next level, they'd be in D-1 Lite. As in, the AHA.

What's the point of getting an AQ that you don't deserve, then getting hammered in the first round?
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-20-2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

What's the point of getting an AQ that you don't deserve, then getting hammered in the first round?
            I can tell you with a great deal of confidence that the second line is not true. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but to say nothing is in the works would be incorrect

Comment

Shabby, The Q is #4 in the PW, which is the only ranking that matters.

I still expect them to beat 'Gate. And probably Cornell.

I'd like to see that game, but if I do it'll be a stream.

You attending? Might be a fun watch.
              Too cold, ESPN+ fireplace, Canes-Rangers, don't have to drive home.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

This is not correct. You've been away from the rink too long. I can dispute this statement with 110% certainty.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

This is not correct. You've been away from the rink too long. I can dispute this statement with 110% certainty.
                  As has been said for a long long time here, you can't go D-1 in just one sport anymore. That's a fact.

And Utica won't find a way to go D-1 in 7 sports, to qualify as a D-1 school.

Never going to happen in the foreseeable future, and you can take that to the bank.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-21-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

As has been said for a long long time here, you can't go D-1 in just one sport anymore. That's a fact.

Never going to happen in the foreseeable future, and you can take that to the bank.
                    Fish you're misinformed, I promise you. You can believe what you want to believe, but knowing what I know and not giving up my sources, they are working hard to make it happen and it may not be next season, but in the near future

Comment

I can tell you in 110% certainty that they have applied. Whether they get accepted is a different thing. Talk to the right people around town

Comment

Plus, you have to have a minimum number of sports in each season. So you can’t just pick any seven.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• While we almost never know with certainty everything that goes on in Board of Trustees meetings, I believe I can state with certainty that Utica College will never field a D-I hockey team.....never.
                          Last edited by UCBadger; 02-15-2022, 09:28 PM.
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Plus, you have to have a minimum number of sports in each season. So you can’t just pick any seven.
                            You are entitled to believe whatever you want. All I am saying is it is a fact that they applied. They would not have applied if they were not allowed by NCAA rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

You are entitled to believe whatever you want. All I am saying is it is a fact that they applied. They would not have applied if they were not allowed by NCAA rules.
                              I was responding to Fishman's post about the requirements on becoming D1. Not whether they applied or not. Thank you very much…
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I was responding to Fishman's post about the requirements on becoming D1. Not whether they applied or not. Thank you very much…
                                The point still stands

Comment

Working...
                                X