No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry fish, may they both get well. Do you think the Curry game might be close ?
    I may go, sounds like Oz is postponed.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Damn, but not surprised. And we're definitely streaming too, if there is a game to stream.

The Warden's both parents are Omicron-positive as of Tuesday, and we look after them. Ma is hanging in there, but Papa isn't well and is due for the monoclonal antibodies tomorrow.

If anyone has the time to drive to Herkimer County, please run over here and shoot me real quick. Take good aim, and there's $20 in it for you, US dollars. (And a free travel mug, with maybe a lil' somethin'-somethin' in it for your ride home.)

We were SO looking forward to this weekend of great D-3 hockey. I do not see it happening now.
      hope for the best and all recover well....p.s. you paying for the ammo??

Comment

• Hope your family is better soon. This virus sucks, as some may know UC lacrosse coach passed away from it. Mike was great guy and teammate.
        On another note many high school hockey games have been postponed in Oswego and Fulton schools. Looks like they may have a bad out break up in that area. As well as some schools in the Syracuse area. Stay healthy my friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
          Oswego hockey web site showing Sunday game has been postponed. Nothing yet on UC web site.
          Looks like the Sunday game is still going to happen, just with a different SUNY opponent.

"Sunday's men's hockey game will now be played against SUNY Cortland, instead of Oswego State. Game time is still 3 p.m. at the Adirondack Bank Center"
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

hope for the best and all recover well....p.s. you paying for the ammo??
            I will hand you a .12 gauge slug. Just shoot straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

Looks like the Sunday game is still going to happen, just with a different SUNY opponent.

"Sunday's men's hockey game will now be played against SUNY Cortland, instead of Oswego State. Game time is still 3 p.m. at the Adirondack Bank Center"
              That's basically a wash for UC. Cortland is a notch above OSU in the PW tonight... And Curry is (I think) #7 PW.

Both games will have PS implications. Utica had better come to play, and I think that it will.

Comment

• Expected more from Curry. Utica controlled the game handily, they could have put up 8 or 9. He did not find the scoresheet but new kid Parker is a solid addition. Big fast and skilled looked good for what was his first game since last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                  Expected more from Curry. Utica controlled the game handily, they could have put up 8 or 9. He did not find the scoresheet but new kid Parker is a solid addition. Big fast and skilled looked good for what was his first game since last season.
                  My take exactly.

But having said that, Curry looked at least as good as Genny and Adrian up-front, and probably better. Aside from the insanely good goal-tending we saw from the two latter teams, UC would be 12-0. I haven't seen Utica out-played all year long, and it dominated more territoriality v. Adrian and Genny than it did v. Curry this afternoon.

And, yeah, Parker stepped right in and made an impact. I noticed him even before I knew what number he wore (22). Absolutely looks like a solid addition. He played special teams in his first outing, and got a lot of 5x5 ice-time right off the bat... Heenan, apparently, trusts him already.

This team is better than its record indicates. If Dickson gets every start in goal for the duration of the season, the sky is pretty-much the limit, at least as far as the East goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                    UC has added transfer to the roster, Remy Parker from NJ. Coming from Maine Black Bears, welcome to Utica. Looking forward to Sunday game against Lakers. Not overlooking game against Curry, unable to attend. Let’s go UC
                    Ray Biggs (easily the best D-3 broadcaster I've ever heard, hands-down) mentioned today that Remy and Buster Larsson developed a close friendship on the NJ Hitmen a few years ago, and remain friends.

If that was a factor in Parker being in Utica, good deal. I think he'll work out here.

Not to rattle on too much, but Curry's goalie is a D-1 (Robert Morris) transfer, too, and there's a guy from UAH as well. Lots of moving parts right now.

Comment

• That thing today would have been over after the 1st if not for Durante. He was outstanding. He turned a yawner into a very tight game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        That thing today would have been over after the 1st if not for Durante. He was outstanding. He turned a yawner into a very tight game.
                        BIG IF....I think he keeps most games close vs teams that it may have become a blowout...good netminder

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

BIG IF....I think he keeps most games close vs teams that it may have become a blowout...good netminder
                          I guess..! Save % is .941 and his minutes played are 4th in the nation. He was great on Sunday. Perfect positioning. I don't want to see Cortland again, thank you very much!
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-10-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Another romp. 11 goals!

The timing has worked out as far as departing M'ville just ahead of the storm.

Here's to another 11 goals tomorrow.

Comment

• Mr Parker has been a good addition to the roster. Three points in three games, I’m sure he’s still getting used to his line mates and Utica hockey system.

Comment

• Fish...off topic but Q-Pac #1 in the country plays at Colgate tomorrow. Just saying, might be good for you to see a D1 game. Gate will probably get spanked unless the Q looks ahead to Cornell the next night. The game is also on ESPN+.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X