Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Pretty sure I read a few months ago that the Alabama qb(a frosh who hadn't played a single down) already had made over a million dollars before the season even started !
    Correct. And Nick Saban was bragging about it. Smart move, as he knows it will lure further top recruits to Alabama.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Happy Holidays, D-3 mavens.

Comment

• Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

I see the Oswego at Utica game is Sunday, January 9. Was that game originally set for Friday, January 7? Because that is what I originally put on my calendar. And one source still lists it as Friday.

Was this game indeed changed to Sunday, the 9th?

Thanks.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

I see the Oswego at Utica game is Sunday, January 9. Was that game originally set for Friday, January 7? Because that is what I originally put on my calendar. And one source still lists it as Friday.

Was this game indeed changed to Sunday, the 9th?

Thanks.
          Sunday the 9th at 3 PM.

UC juggled the schedule soon after it was originally posted. Might be juggled again due to Omicron, but right now, this is what we have.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-26-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• The OSU/UC outdoor game was cancelled just as Covid became a thing. What a great idea it would be to have it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              The OSU/UC outdoor game was cancelled just as Covid became a thing. What a great idea it would be to have it now.
              Was that going to be played at Griffis?
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Was that going to be played at Griffis?
                It was scheduled at Griffiss, on a flooded baseball diamond. The capacity was projected to be something like 3,000, and it was a sold-out before it was even a solid date... We were all looking forward to it, on both sides of the aisle.

But there we went with Covid again.

Comment

• UC has added transfer to the roster, Remy Parker from NJ. Coming from Maine Black Bears, welcome to Utica. Looking forward to Sunday game against Lakers. Not overlooking game against Curry, unable to attend. Let’s go UC

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                    UC has added transfer to the roster, Remy Parker from NJ. Coming from Maine Black Bears, welcome to Utica. Looking forward to Sunday game against Lakers. Not overlooking game against Curry, unable to attend. Let’s go UC
                    No kidding? He transferred from my Alma Mater!

Sure, Maine is among the worst teams in D-1 but I'm very interested to see what he can do at the D-3 level.

Thanks very much for the heads-up. Is he a D-man?

Comment

• Roster is showing forward, 6’3- 180. Another big body.

Comment

Roster is showing forward, 6’3- 180. Another big body.
                        Yeah, looked him up on the Maine site. I remember 3 GP and zero points. Not looking like another Educate from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Yeah, looked him up on the Maine site. I remember 3 GP and zero points. Not looking like another Educate from here.
                          I am sure he will contribute,he's not from D1 lite...

Comment

• Fish,
                            He may not have the stats, but I don’t think Coach Heenan would bring a guy in mid season if he didn’t think he could help the team. As I had said earlier another big body forward to add to the mix. Looking forward to the game Sunday. I’ll be watching from my computer Saturday.

Comment

• Oswego hockey web site showing Sunday game has been postponed. Nothing yet on UC web site.

Comment

Fish,
                                He may not have the stats, but I don’t think Coach Heenan would bring a guy in mid season if he didn’t think he could help the team. As I had said earlier another big body forward to add to the mix. Looking forward to the game Sunday. I’ll be watching from my computer Saturday.
                                Damn, but not surprised. And we're definitely streaming too, if there is a game to stream.

The Warden's both parents are Omicron-positive as of Tuesday, and we look after them. Ma is hanging in there, but Papa isn't well and is due for the monoclonal antibodies tomorrow.

If anyone has the time to drive to Herkimer County, please run over here and shoot me real quick. Take good aim, and there's $20 in it for you, US dollars. (And a free travel mug, with maybe a lil' somethin'-somethin' in it for your ride home.)

We were SO looking forward to this weekend of great D-3 hockey. I do not see it happening now.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-07-2022, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X