Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I've been sick for six days with a virus of some sort. Have had both shots AND the booster, oh yeah, had my flu shot too. Bought a covid test kit which was negative. There are other bugs out there too so heed the warnings, this is no fun.
    Yeah, the usual bugs will likely be worse this year, since we haven't been exposed in a couple of years, and thus have no ongoing immunity.

Feel better, Shabby.

Comment

Thanks !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Not a great showing by UC tonight, though they DID manage to pull away in the 3rd. Either Amherst is under-rated or Utica is over-rated... Perhaps a little of both.

If UC plays as they did tonight, I'd predict a 3-1 Genny win tomorrow, at best.

Comment

Geneseo looked worse than Utica did. They got outplayed for 50 minutes. That was a game of good goaltending vs bad goaltending.

UC could have played better but Amherst clogged everything up and played Utica well. I would expect much more of a run and gun game tomorrow. 5-3 Utica

Comment

Genny was able to get UMass to make mistakes in defensive zone and turned them into goals. #55 for Genny is quick and a grinder. And they put the puck in the net. UMass had chances, didn’t capitalize. Genny was clogging the shooting lanes, knocking shots down breaking out.
            Amherst wrecked havoc on UC power play and Dickinson made some big time saves to get the win. One or two of those go in and it’s a different game with different ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
              Genny was able to get UMass to make mistakes in defensive zone and turned them into goals. #55 for Genny is quick and a grinder. And they put the puck in the net. UMass had chances, didn’t capitalize. Genny was clogging the shooting lanes, knocking shots down breaking out.
              Amherst wrecked havoc on UC power play and Dickinson made some big time saves to get the win. One or two of those go in and it’s a different game with different ending.
              Yeah, *Dickson* played well. Set the all-time record for UC in terms of shut-outs, and they've had some very good goalies there.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                Geneseo looked worse than Utica did. They got outplayed for 50 minutes. That was a game of good goaltending vs bad goaltending.

UC could have played better but Amherst clogged everything up and played Utica well. I would expect much more of a run and gun game tomorrow. 5-3 Utica
                Ya think..?

Maybe UMB is just better than Amherst, thus the illusion. The Beacons ended-up getting hammered, in any case.

I hope that you're right as far as tomorrow's game goes, but I still don't think a run and gun game will work out for UC against Genny. If Utica wins that one, I'd have to predict a low scoring affair.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Outplayed for 50 minutes, really? Though Geneseo gave up more A Grade opportunities than usual, they don't panic playing in their own zone and are often out shot. They gave up too many penalties--can't do that against Utica--but defended well on the pk. They use a quick strike offense and often score in bunches. This was the same MO as the Oswego game last weekend. I agree that they will need to tighten things up tomorrow night. Hoping for a good game. Should be a study in contrasts.

Comment

Well, what's better than #1 vs #2, and at home ? Arghh, I'm still sick, is the game streamed tonight ?
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• NESCAC teams are often pretty effective at slowing down more skilled teams. Generally speaking they are well coached, disciplined, and play a team game.

I believe the NESCAC may be the only conference SNC has a losing record against, albeit in a limited sample size.

Comment

• I think all home games are streamed??
                        My bad Fish I wasn’t paying attention when I typed Dickson’s name in.
                        My boys and I loved the uniforms last night, unfortunately we had a hard time being able to tell who was on the ice or the numbers on the uniforms. Let’s go UC.
                        I also noticed last night the crowd wasn’t really into the game. A couple time the lower section tried to get the chant Let’s go UC going and just never made it. I remember the days of packed house and the wave going around the Aud numerous times.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Well, what's better than #1 vs #2, and at home ? Arghh, I'm still sick, is the game streamed tonight ?
                          All the games are streamed. Go to the Utica athletics site to find the links.

I was impressed with the streaming quality yesterday. And of course, Ray Biggs always does a good job on the mic.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Refs stole the game from Utica. Too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                              Refs stole the game from Utica. Too bad.
                              If anyone stole the game from Utica it was Petizian.

Comment

• I would like to see video of the disallowed goal again. It didn't seem like an egregious call watching it live on the stream (no replays) because Petizian was definitely taken out of the play. But it wasn't clear to me where the initial contact came from.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X