No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, this site is a complete POS... But I'll try again.

Comment

I guess that USCH Blows only allows a sentence or two now, before it crashes?

Comment

My point was/is that Adrian is the modern-day Manhattenville: skate two good lines and let the goons take care of the rest... The refs will eventually be afraid to call yet another penalty, and there you go.

And, good God, let them commit murder on the PK... It's only fair!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          My point was/is that Adrian is the modern-day Manhattenville: skate two good lines and let the goons take care of the rest... The refs will eventually be afraid to call yet another penalty, and there you go.

And, good God, let them commit murder on the PK... It's only fair!
          To be fair, Adrian was anything but healthy. Not sure if you noticed them playing 3 lines and 5 D both nights. Of those missing - senior captain dman, leading scorer from last year, 2 d1 transfers, and a couple others. So they were missing at least 4 regulars. Take it for what its worth

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

To be fair, Adrian was anything but healthy. Not sure if you noticed them playing 3 lines and 5 D both nights. Of those missing - senior captain dman, leading scorer from last year, 2 d1 transfers, and a couple others. So they were missing at least 4 regulars. Take it for what its worth
            Dang. And Utica still needed OT to earn their half of the split?

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Yeah, I saw that. it's worth noting.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

Dang. And Utica still needed OT to earn their half of the split?
                UC dominated both games in a territorial sense, not that you'd have a clue about that.

When "your" team plays Adrian twice a year, get back to us, and we'll troll on that thread. (Or maybe not.)

Not going to get into a urinating contest with someone who has an empty bladder. AC is a tough out, period. VERY easily the best team UC has faced this season/pre-season.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-04-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

When "your" team plays Adrian twice a year, get back to us, and we'll troll on that thread. (Or maybe not.)
                  You're in luck. SNC and Adrian close out their NCHA schedules with a pair at Arrington in February (and have played each other 3 times a year since 2013-14).
                  5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post

You're in luck. SNC and Adrian close out their NCHA schedules with a pair at Arrington in February (and have played each other 3 times a year since 2013-14).
                    I truly didn't know who Altazo follows. I tend to ignore his posts, and I never troll the SNC thread...

Having said that, AC/SNC should be a fun watch. Two perennial powers getting after it late in the season, with the possibility of big-time NCAA ramifications.

Thanks for the heads-up. Hell, I might even tune in, myself.

Comment

Good luck to you and Utica College this season, Fish. You post lots of straight-up nonsense, but you’re a D3 hockey fan so you can’t be all that bad.

Also, can’t you just re-name this thread “D3 Hockey Thread”? It’s pretty slow around here these days…

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Good luck to you and Utica College this season, Fish. You post lots of straight-up nonsense, but you’re a D3 hockey fan so you can’t be all that bad.

Also, can’t you just re-name this thread “D3 Hockey Thread”? It’s pretty slow around here these days…
                        That would be too general a title, IMO, but, yeah, this site is on its last legs. It's just too ****ty a format anymore; it's more work to figure it out than the time it's worth to do that.

Still, you maybe could try to start an SNC thread. It might work! There are usually 200+ fans in attendance in GB, and at least half of them probably possess GED's, or are working toward them. No harm in giving that a shot, my brother.

;-)

Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-09-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

That would be too general a title, IMO, but yeah this site is on its last legs. It's just a ****ty format anymore; more work to figure it out than it's worth.
                          Should really just be a Utica Norwich Oswego Plattsburgh thread. Those are the only teams covered on here

Comment

Well, this is still primarily a UC thread, so here goes...

Utica won both games by a combined 22-1 score.

Having said that, it wasn't an entertaining weekend.

Blowouts aren't a lot of fun to watch, but I'll say that neither Arcadia nor LVC played clutch/grab/slash hockey, as did Adrian... That much was better, anyway.

Comment

I wonder if UC's any good this year ?
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I wonder if UC's any good this year ?
                                They have depth, but not an explosive line right now. They should be in the NCAA mix, but they miss Landrigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X