No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spencer Carbery, for just one example, played at SNC and I’d honestly be surprised if he’s not a head coach in the NHL in the next 5 years.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Carbery

Check out this video of him mic’d up on the bench. Impressive…
    https://www.nhl.com/capitals/video/s...440/c-68785703

Comment

The 2021-2022 roster is posted on college web site. Can’t wait to see this team on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
        I can name a few standout D3 players who after playing a couple seasons in the ECHL were able to transition into high level coaching jobs that they probably would not have been able to otherwise. I consider being the head coach of an ECHL, AHL, or NCAA team to be “making a living in hockey.”
        That's the 1%, if that, I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

More than half of D3 hockey would play hockey if it meant getting paid "McDonalds money" for a couple years.

It also depends on what you consider "making a living". Because Tim Coffman is still in Switzerland playing and he will be 34 next month. He does fine for himself...
          Coffman was an outstanding D-3 guy, yes. And it doesn't matter whether or not you make a lot of money, as long as you're doing what you love.

But playing in an obscure Swiss league at age 34 isn't exactly a marker on a great career path. Guess that that was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Coffman was an outstanding D-3 guy, yes. And it doesn't matter whether or not you make a lot of money, as long as you're doing what you love.

But playing in an obscure Swiss league at age 34 isn't exactly a marker on a great career path. Guess that that was my point.
            Players in the SL are paid between $50,000-$140,000. Seems like a decent career path.

Comment

Players in the SL are paid between $50,000-$140,000. Seems like a decent career path.
              It does, if those figures are accurate.

If you could link us up, and include the after-tax income, that would be an interesting read.

(Again, it doesn't matter. Coffman always skated as though he'd rather play hockey than eat. He was a pit bull with hands. I'm just curious.)

Comment

Hey Fish lets get on the same page now. Not a bad start tonight. Played fine and outclassed Oswego in their rink. Seems like Dickson will be the guy. Many offensive threats up and down the lineup. This team will be real good

Comment

Hey Fish lets get on the same page now. Not a bad start tonight. Played fine and outclassed Oswego in their rink. Seems like Dickson will be the guy. Many offensive threats up and down the lineup. This team will be real good
                  I'm on board, my brother.

We streamed the game while having 2 other devices showing baseball and football... I paid more attention to UC, though.

I liked what I saw. Great depth; not missing Landrigan as much as I'd feared.

There are some great Laker posters on here, and I have no desire to offend them, but UC has become the top-dog in Upstate D-3 hockey over the past few years, just as Oswego displaced Platty some decades ago.

Should be a fun season. This team appears to have no real weaknesses.

Comment

We streamed the game while having 2 other devices showing baseball and football... I paid more attention to UC, though.

There are some great Laker posters on here, and I have no desire to offend them, but UC has become the top-dog in Upstate D-3 hockey over the past few years, just as Oswego displaced Platty some decades ago.

Do you consider Geneseo Upstate NY?

Comment

Western NY
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Utica has been good the past few years for sure, they have brought is some great recruits from all over and various leagues, but gotta get to the big show and close the deal,I think they will have a good shot this season....Also don't expect the same game at the Aud in Jan vs. Oswego as this team has not skated in almost 600 days and almost the whole team is new,I highly doubt that they will let up 4 PPG's....Both teams will have a good season.....p.s Platty has stacked there team again so don't count them or Genny out, as far as "Upstate" is concerned

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Western NY
                          That's interesting. The college considers Geneseo upstate.

Comment

I guess anything north of NYC is actually considered upstate. I never really thought about it, actually who cares ?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Utica has been good the past few years for sure, they have brought is some great recruits from all over and various leagues, but gotta get to the big show and close the deal,I think they will have a good shot this season....Also don't expect the same game at the Aud in Jan vs. Oswego as this team has not skated in almost 600 days and almost the whole team is new,I highly doubt that they will let up 4 PPG's....Both teams will have a good season.....p.s Platty has stacked there team again so don't count them or Genny out, as far as "Upstate" is concerned
                              Their are several very good "upstate" teams in DIII, they ALL have the ability to go far.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I guess anything north of NYC is actually considered upstate. I never really thought about it, actually who cares ?
                                Just questioning the accuracy of the statement that Utica "has become the top-dog in Upstate D-3 hockey over the past few years."

Comment

Working...
                                X