No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utica leaves Rochester with a 4-1 win over Nazareth. Next up is the Thanksgiving Tourney starting next Friday vs Amherst.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Thumbs up for my next door neighbor JT Entelisano who scored Nazareth's goal !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Thumbs up for my next door neighbor JT Entelisano who scored Nazareth's goal !
        He looked a foot taller and with 30 pounds more of muscle. He was a factor all night.

Comment

Will UC be #1 with Geneseo's tie friday night ? Their savior might be the 6-1 thrashing of Oz last night.

Comment

Not worried about ranking right now, they need to take care of business against Amherst. Then see what’s happens with UMass/ Geneseo game. Doesn’t look good for the UMass team. Lost two this weekend to Bart and Elmira. Geneseo definitely won’t be an easy game. Will be watching in section 219. To be the best you have to beat the best. Let’s go UC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              Next up is the Thanksgiving Tourney starting next Friday vs Amherst.
              I'm planning on being there Saturday if the weather holds off.

I really, really want to see a Geneseo-Utica matchup. But quite frankly, these are four good teams. Wouldn't even surprise me if the matchup I seek occurs in the consolation game. LOL

P.S. Does anyone know what the mask policy is for the Aud?
              Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 11-21-2021, 03:49 PM.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Yes, if your vaxed no mask. Not checking for vaccination cards either.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I'm planning on being there Saturday if the weather holds off.

I really, really want to see a Geneseo-Utica matchup. But quite frankly, these are four good teams. Wouldn't even surprise me if the matchup I seek occurs in the consolation game. LOL

P.S. Does anyone know what the mask policy is for the Aud?
                  The "policy" is essentially a free-for-all, notwithstanding the chin-music to the contrary.

Like you, I'd love to see Genny/UC meet. Sounds like the best possible match-up, though UMB is clearly a dangerous team, too. (Amherst, maybe not so much, albeit on the basis of scant data.)

The Warden and I are duly vaccinated caregivers of duly vaccinated elderly parents... Having said that, we're a bit leery of crowded venues right now, and The Aud has a waaaay crowded concourse. With 12 sparsely-attended matinees on the schedule this season, we are leaning toward streaming the 7 PM starts, and sticking to the afternoon games for in-person viewing.

Long story short, I can maybe share some season tickets, to scan and send them along. I doubt that either game will be a 4K sellout, but you never know.

Comment

This maybe slightly off topic but people of the greater Utica area are able to attend Utica Comets or Utica College hockey games with no restrictions. I’ve heard that Whitesboro, New Hartford and Clinton high school hockey games will only have parents of the home team allowed to attend. Having said that, most of the youth hockey teams midget 18U and 16U have players from all three schools. Parents have been attending those games without any issues as well as visiting teams. If those schools wanted to limit spectators to just parents from both teams I see no issue with that, these rinks are big enough to be socially distant and still be able watch to watch their son or daughter play. I’ve personally called all the rinks in the Syracuse area and none of them currently have restrictions on visiting team spectators coming to watch games.

Comment

Still #2 in this week's poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                        This maybe slightly off topic but people of the greater Utica area are able to attend Utica Comets or Utica College hockey games with no restrictions.
                        The Comets run the show at The Aud; they make the rules, period. UC still maintains many restrictions per on-campus events. (The difference there, obviously, is the money involved.)

But I get you: there is no consistency in the calculus, and that's frustrating. We are both health-care types, and have seen things get pretty s*****, so we take our own advice as far as the above goes.

Getting my Moderna booster tomorrow, as is The Warden, but there are no guarantees either way, and attending at crowded Red-County venues aren't our idea of a smart entertainment choice right now. The positivity rate in our poorly-educated Herkimer County is higher than ever before, yet our friends and neighbors behave as though Covid never existed, vaccines be damned.

We're going to stream the evening games, and we have extra tickets to give away... But look before you leap.

Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-22-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

The Comets run the show at The Aud; they make the rules, period. UC still maintains many restrictions per on-campus events. (The difference there, obviously, is the money involved.)

But I get you: there is no consistency in the calculus, and that's frustrating. We are both health-care types, and have seen things get pretty s*****, so we take our own advice as far as the above goes.

Getting my Moderna booster tomorrow, as is The Warden, but there are no guarantees either way, and attending at crowded Red-County venues aren't our idea of a smart entertainment choice right now. The positivity rate in our poorly-educated Herkimer County is higher than ever before, yet our friends and neighbors behave as though Covid never existed, vaccines be damned.

We're going to stream the evening games, and we have extra tickets to give away... But look before you leap.

Will it ever end? At this rate you may never see a UC game live ever again Fish. Respect your opinion but can't fault people for wanting to live their life especially if they are vaccinated. There is a better chance that the NCAA gets rid of the automatic bid than expecting people to coop up for another 2 years to escape the virus

Comment

I’m fully vaccinated and wear a mask at work about 75% of the time. I’m currently stuck at home in quarantine with a breakthrough Covid infection. Going to miss my first opening day at Alta in 27 seasons. Here in Utah we have lots of “critical thinkers” who have “done their own research.”

You can only do so much. Gotta live your life. I’m pretty psyched I got to watch my first NCAA game in person in years last month when I saw Denver blow-up Air Force. Magness was at full capacity, but did have a mask mandate and I felt totally comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Will it ever end? At this rate you may never see a UC game live ever again Fish. Respect your opinion but can't fault people for wanting to live their life especially if they are vaccinated. There is a better chance that the NCAA gets rid of the automatic bid than expecting people to coop up for another 2 years to escape the virus
                              Oh, I get you. The wild card for us is that we take care of our ancient at-risk parents.

We got lucky with the schedule this season, though, with 13 day games on the docket. I'd estimate the attendance at matinees to be around 40%, and our section is even less populated. We do avoid the concourse between periods, but 2PM is a little early to be enjoying a Blue Moon anyway. ;-)

Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-24-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I've been sick for six days with a virus of some sort. Have had both shots AND the booster, oh yeah, had my flu shot too. Bought a covid test kit which was negative. There are other bugs out there too so heed the warnings, this is no fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X