X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is just a massive example of “just take the L” and I love it
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• former Utica player named USHL head coach
      https://fox11online.com/sports/hocke...dden-assistant
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• What happened here, thread shut down, certain people banned ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          What happened here, thread shut down, certain people banned ?
          Nobody has been banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Enrollment means money. And if their sports programs, no matter how successful or not they are, helps drive up enrollment, that's all that matters to the bean counters. You really are massively dense.

Under your argument, Dartmouth should drop their hockey program. They are a small school and their hockey team has been irrelevant seemingly since they started.

And another point to show how massively dense you are -- RIT is the defending D3 men's lacrosse national champions. If that's irrelevancy, I wish my alma mater were that irrelevant.

Oh wait, silly me. Relevance only counts when you are a perennial national contender but haven't won jack (well one national playoff game in all of existence).
            Got on with my life. You guys really need to cultivate hobbies aside from trolling.

But no doubt the D-3 lacrosse tournament was a huge money-maker, and sold many an ad online. The National interest was crazy...

Of course, practically NO D-3 program turns anything like a significant profit, no matter the enrollment. Who are you calling "dense", dip****?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Got on with my life. You guys really need to cultivate hobbies aside from trolling.

But no doubt the D-3 lacrosse tournament was a huge money-maker, and sold many an ad online. The National interest was crazy...

Of course, practically NO D-3 program turns anything like a significant profit, no matter the enrollment. Who are you calling "dense", dip****?
              That thud you heard last night was Fishy falling off the wagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

This response, so long after we all left the building, truly blows my mind. The most nonsensical retort I have ever seen in my life. You are a very, very sad, miserable human being.

As for hobbies, I am down at Watkins Glen driving the pace car for a major SCCA event. Thank you very much.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

This response, so long after we all left the building, truly blows my mind. The most nonsensical retort I have ever seen in my life. You are a very, very sad, miserable human being.

As for hobbies, I am down at Watkins Glen driving the pace car for a major SCCA event. Thank you very much.
                  I was at the Glen in 1979 at the grand prix to witness Gilles Villeneuve's incredible driving in the rain. Unforgettable!

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post

I was at the Glen in 1979 at the grand prix to witness Gilles Villeneuve's incredible driving in the rain. Unforgettable!
                    We’re aging ourselves…

I was there, too (and the year after). The Canadian fans sure were happy.

And since I was a student at Potsdam, I went up to Montreal twice for the Canadian GP.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

We’re aging ourselves…

And since I was a student at Potsdam, I went up to Montreal twice for the Canadian GP.
                      We were in the stands at the bottom of turn two (near all the RVs) in '79 looking up toward the chicane. The youtube video of the race is fun, but I never saw anything like Gilles' practice session where he was 11 seconds faster than anyone else who dared to venture out on the track. We got soaked, but it was worth it.

http://www.f1speedwriter.com/2015/10...eneuve-in.html

Those were the days--back before the cars weren't all riding on rails.

Never made it to the GP in Montreal, though I know former Ice Knight Mike Forgione used to attend. When I was in grad. school in Chicago, we never missed the CART race at Elkhart Lake. That's a gem of a track. Befriended Gregg Moore there shortly before his death...

Driving a pace car sounds like fun. I drove Formula Fords one summer, but the risk/reward was a little to precarious for me.

Comment

We’re aging ourselves…

Did you ever go to Obriens restaurant?? A buddy of. one from Oswego owned it..

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Did you ever go to Obriens restaurant?? A buddy of. one from Oswego owned it..
                          In Montreal? I was a student. Think I could afford an actual restaurant? We went to a pizza joint. Which we discovered was a hangout for prostitutes. I kid you not.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

In Montreal? I was a student. Think I could afford an actual restaurant? We went to a pizza joint. Which we discovered was a hangout for prostitutes. I kid you not.
                            funny stuff, place was in the glen, was just curious,,,,stay cool

Comment

• Hi, sorry to dip in from the D-I forum, but I was checking in to see if there was "Utica moves up news" and saw the comment about RIT's relevancy by, distressingly, a fellow Maine fan.

Since RIT became eligible for Division I NCAA tournament play in 2007-08, RIT has made three tournament appearances and posted a 3-3 record.

Maine has made one NCAA tournament appearance, going 0-1.

Glass houses, stones, all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Hi, sorry to dip in from the D-I forum, but I was checking in to see if there was "Utica moves up news" and saw the comment about RIT's relevancy by, distressingly, a fellow Maine fan.

Since RIT became eligible for Division I NCAA tournament play in 2007-08, RIT has made three tournament appearances and posted a 3-3 record.

Maine has made one NCAA tournament appearance, going 0-1.

Glass houses, stones, all that.
                                All AQ berths. It's not as though RIT actually earned them in any objective manner.

(Edit: Possibly once..? Don't care enough to look it up. But the AHA AQ is silly, as is every AQ.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-17-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X