Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

    …..That is precisely my point
    Ahh, quantity over quality? That goalie played very well, but that team did a good job of eliminating a ton of good scoring opportunities, turning them into easy saves. The shot total is also partly because one team decided to make their one goal stand up, and were successful. The skaters and the goalie were equally responsible for the win.
    Go 'Wick!

    Comment


    • Up next....we are about one day before "the better team didn't win.." spew from the Utica Perennials. Give it a rest already.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IceKnights20 View Post

        Has Utica ever lost a game that wasn’t “stolen”? Every time Utica loses or is in a close game the only thing you see on this board is that the goalilete stole the game. UNE’s goalie played great but that’s not the only reason they won that game. And I’d bet if you asked the coaches and players they’d say the same thing.
        Let's not forget the following: the officials, the off-ice officials, the condition of the ice, the NCAA Committee, etc. Everything except what is seen in the mirror.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

          Let's not forget the following: the officials, the off-ice officials, the condition of the ice, the NCAA Committee, etc. Everything except what is seen in the mirror.
          https://portal.stretchinternet.com/u...reamType=video

          at 1:25:53

          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

          Comment


          • Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left...

            What I see is an official right on the cage looking down the goal line emphatically waving it off. Those don't get missed.

            But let's say he did miss it. What excuses does Utica have for not scoring the other 59:30 of the game? Oh that's right, silly me. Hot goalie.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              Up next....we are about one day before "the better team didn't win.." spew from the Utica Perennials. Give it a rest already.
              Going on a decade now without an Oswego SUNY championship. You have more to worry about than Utica

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

                Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left...

                What I see is an official right on the cage looking down the goal line emphatically waving it off. Those don't get missed.

                But let's say he did miss it. What excuses does Utica have for not scoring the other 59:30 of the game? Oh that's right, silly me. Hot goalie.
                They were very good. They had a plan to disrupt Utica's breakout. They had crisp passes. Perhaps they had a better...........
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

                  Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left...

                  What I see is an official right on the cage looking down the goal line emphatically waving it off. Those don't get missed.

                  But let's say he did miss it. What excuses does Utica have for not scoring the other 59:30 of the game? Oh that's right, silly me. Hot goalie.
                  I don’t think anyones doubting his call, he had a better view than anyone, Badger posted that to the response that the UNE goalie wasn’t standing on his head.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

                    I don’t think anyones doubting his call, he had a better view than anyone, Badger posted that to the response that the UNE goalie wasn’t standing on his head.
                    Nope. I saw it go in (my line of sight was just about the same as the video, but I was 6 rows off the ice). I saw the official frantically waving it off. In the replay we see the puck in the goal. I don't see any interference. I see a blown call. That's all. Those things happen in hockey.
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

                      Going on a decade now without an Oswego SUNY championship. You have more to worry about than Utica
                      NCAA Tournament wins since 2013, which was Utica's first trip to the big dance:

                      SUNYAC Also-Ran Oswego: 5
                      Perennial National Contender Utica: 1
                      Last edited by Sir Nubs; 03-21-2022, 10:17 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

                        Nope. I saw it go in (my line of sight was just about the same as the video, but I was 6 rows off the ice). I saw the official frantically waving it off. In the replay we see the puck in the goal. I don't see any interference. I see a blown call. That's all. Those things happen in hockey.
                        According to a woman I talked to who sat right behind the goal line, the puck was never covered, but it went in just after the unwarranted whistle anyway. I saw the same thing, but was on the other end of the rink.

                        It happens. D-3 refs blow calls all the time.

                        As far as the game as a whole went, Utica carried the play for the most part (39-16 SOG) but I have to admit that NEC made no obvious mistakes. Very well-coached by Kevin Swallow from start to finish. (And that GW shortie looked like a set give-and-go play. I have never seen such a thing before. UNE was better 4x5 than they were 5x5.)

                        NEC had a great game plan, and stuck with it. Genny better watch out. But Adrian is clearly the odds-on favorite.

                        PS: What about Miss Nubby and her Greenery? I forgot to check the scores.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                          Ahh, quantity over quality? That goalie played very well, but that team did a good job of eliminating a ton of good scoring opportunities, turning them into easy saves. The shot total is also partly because one team decided to make their one goal stand up, and were successful. The skaters and the goalie were equally responsible for the win.
                          i'm curious. Did you see the game, or are you just trolling?

                          I'm convinced that it's the the latter.

                          Why on Earth are you offering an opinion?

                          You clearly didn't watch the game. Go pound sand.

                          Why oh why do you little embarrassments feel the need to opine on topics that you know nothing about?

                          As if NU was still alive. You silly little p***y.

                          Develop a hobby already. "Your" season was over weeks ago.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-22-2022, 12:09 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                            i'm curious. Did you see the game, or are you just trolling?

                            I'm convinced that it's the the latter.

                            Why on Earth are you offering an opinion?

                            You clearly didn't watch the game. Go pound sand.

                            Why oh why do you little embarrassments feel the need to opine on topics that you know nothing about?

                            As if NU was still alive. You silly little p***y.

                            Develop a hobby already. "Your" season was over weeks ago.
                            Hitting the Kessler's pretty hard tonight I see.

                            Jerry can comment here if he wants to. It's an open forum.

                            I commented on the SNC game in the SNC thread already. I didn't go somewhere pouting for two days wishing I cheered for a perennial national contender, because I actually do cheer for a perennial national contender.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                              i'm curious. Did you see the game, or are you just trolling?

                              I'm convinced that it's the the latter.

                              Why on Earth are you offering an opinion?

                              You clearly didn't watch the game. Go pound sand.

                              Why oh why do you little embarrassments feel the need to opine on topics that you know nothing about?

                              As if NU was still alive. You silly little p***y.

                              Develop a hobby already. "Your" season was over weeks ago.
                              I did watch the game, the entire game. And I’ve seen enough great goaltending and defensive play to be able to comment, both regular season, conference playoffs, and NCAA playoffs (I suspect many,many more than you).
                              I’d give the UNE goalie the number 1 star, but the TEAM and coach should get as much as he did.

                              Maybe you can explain why you go off into name-calling deranged rants?
                              Go 'Wick!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                                According to a woman I talked to who sat right behind the goal line, the puck was never covered, but it went in just after the unwarranted whistle anyway. I saw the same thing, but was on the other end of the rink.

                                It happens. D-3 refs blow calls all the time.

                                As far as the game as a whole went, Utica carried the play for the most part (39-16 SOG) but I have to admit that NEC made no obvious mistakes. Very well-coached by Kevin Swallow from start to finish. (And that GW shortie looked like a set give-and-go play. I have never seen such a thing before. UNE was better 4x5 than they were 5x5.)

                                NEC had a great game plan, and stuck with it. Genny better watch out. But Adrian is clearly the odds-on favorite.
                                UNE and NEC are two different schools.

                                Geneseo knows full well how well coached UNE is. They will not be taking them lightly.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X