Utica College: The gang's all here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
    Also I just want to point out, although "some" people may hate the auto-bid in here, the fact that St. Olaf stole a bid last night not only eliminated Wilkes, but it also made sure that Elmira and Hobart, two of the better teams in the East in my opinion, are stuck in the Adrian pod, which gives Utica a much better draw of playing either UNE or Plymouth State in the quarterfinals
    Yeah, but how does that go to "equity"?

Wilkes was far far far more deserving of a berth than was Olaf.

(Far far far far more, as a matter of fact.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
      Didn’t Wilkes only lose to Adrian 3-2 in OT??
      with Adrian’s “A” team?? Asking for a friend..
      True enough, but Wilkes was outshot 31-15... And in front of 30 fans, according to the box. :P

It's pretty hard (for me, anyway) to see anyone aside from Adrian as the odds-on favorite in this tournament, but it sure won't hurt my feelings if someone out West takes them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

It's pretty hard (for me, anyway) to see anyone aside from Adrian as the odds-on favorite in this tournament, but it sure won't hurt my feelings if someone out West takes them out.
        That kinda heavy lifting may be best left to an eastern team - like the Hobart v. Elmira winner.

But if not, what the hell, I wanna see SNC give it one more shot. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.

Comment

• So Fish your telling me that because Adrian doubled Wilkes in shots and only had 30 people in the stands is why the game went OT?? I’m not downplaying Adrian, their record speaks for itself, but as we have all seen tho. A hot goalie and some bounces go your way can mean an upset or two. That’s why they play the games.

Comment

So Fish your telling me that because Adrian doubled Wilkes in shots and only had 30 people in the stands is why the game went OT?? I’m not downplaying Adrian, their record speaks for itself, but as we have all seen tho. A hot goalie and some bounces go your way can mean an upset or two. That’s why they play the games.
            Fish doesn’t know hockey. Don’t waste your time trying to understand his posts.
            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

So Fish your telling me that because Adrian doubled Wilkes in shots and only had 30 people in the stands is why the game went OT?? I’m not downplaying Adrian, their record speaks for itself, but as we have all seen tho. A hot goalie and some bounces go your way can mean an upset or two. That’s why they play the games.
              Totally. And it’s also why the tournament is so exciting to watch.

Lake Forest was a handful for Adrian both nights of their NCHA first round series.

Also, look at the National semifinal in 2018 between Salve and Point. Salve weathered the storm and led 1-0 after the first period despite being outshot 20-2. Frustration can set in and upsets happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post

Also, look at the National semifinal in 2018 between Salve and Point. Salve weathered the storm and led 1-0 after the first period despite being outshot 20-2. Frustration can set in and upsets happen.
                That was a crazy game. Must have been terrible to watch for Point fans.
                5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by smbenny View Post

Fish doesn’t know hockey. Don’t waste your time trying to understand his posts.
                  I forget from whence you troll. (Elmira, maybe..?) Been a while, but not long enough.

So, your point is that 15 SOG in a game is a good showing, Einstein? When is the last time you saw anyone muster 15 SOG and win? Please. And I only mentioned the USCHO attendance figure because it was implausible.

Go back into your hole, please.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-09-2022, 09:27 PM.

Comment

That kinda heavy lifting may be best left to an eastern team - like the Hobart v. Elmira winner.

But if not, what the hell, I wanna see SNC give it one more shot. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.
                    HC, EC, Utica and Genny would all have a shot.

But, the more you look at the stats, the more it appears that AC is the clear-cut favorite.

Comment

I forget from whence you troll. (Elmira, maybe..?) Been a while, but not long enough.

So, your point is that 15 SOG in a game is a good showing, Einstein? When is the last time you saw anyone muster 15 SOG and win? Please. And I only mentioned the USCHO attendance figure because it was implausible.

Not 15, but in the game between Point and Salve I mentioned above shots were 55-17.
                      https://athletics.uwsp.edu/sports/me.../boxscore/6513

It’s amazing what can happen when your goalie pitches a 55 save shutout.

Nobody is claiming Point won that game. Just ask the guys who played for Point.

Comment

Not 15, but in the game between Point and Salve I mentioned above shots were 55-17.
                        https://athletics.uwsp.edu/sports/me.../boxscore/6513

It’s amazing what can happen when your goalie pitches a 55 save shutout.

Nobody is claiming Point won that game. Just ask the guys who played for Point.
                        Sorry, wasn't referencing that game.

So many other peeps are on here (for better or for worse).

But I get you. I remember attending a game when my guys lost 2-1, after out-shooting their hosts 55-13.

Hockey is a cruel game.

Comment

Sorry, wasn't referencing that game.

So many other peeps are on here (for better or for worse).

But I get you. I remember attending a game when my guys lost 2-1, after out-shooting their hosts 55-13.

Hockey is a cruel game.
                          Fish, you’re right, hockey can be a cruel game. The old teams of the Soviet Union proved to many western teams, “It’s not the quantity of your shots, it’s the quality of your shots that count!”

Comment

Didn’t Geneseo have like 13 shots when the beat Utica in November?

Comment

• Shots were 23-15 in Utica's favor, a1-0 game until two empty net goals in the last minute sealed it. So thirteen shots on goal and the two goals, you're right.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• It’s more exciting when schools’ have student volunteers keeping track of shots on goal. Shot totals end up being like 60-52.

Which in reality is 32-26.
                                Last edited by altazo; 03-10-2022, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X