Upcoming Hockey Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Hockey Season

With our cooler mornings this past week my morning run has felt better without that humid air. And everyday it is closer to a Hockey season here in the OZ. Since 1964 last year was the first year without hockey in Oswego. We missed it a great deal and I know the players were very emotional without any hockey,for most the first time in their lives. The Oswego State Campus announced all students have to be vaccinated by 9/27 this year. For all of us who love this game of hockey let’s all hope that this year all the players will be safe and we have an uninterrupted hockey season.

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
    With our cooler mornings this past week my morning run has felt better without that humid air. And everyday it is closer to a Hockey season here in the OZ. Since 1964 last year was the first year without hockey in Oswego. We missed it a great deal and I know the players were very emotional without any hockey,for most the first time in their lives. The Oswego State Campus announced all students have to be vaccinated by 9/27 this year. For all of us who love this game of hockey let’s all hope that this year all the players will be safe and we have an uninterrupted hockey season.
    Couldn't have said it any better.........lets go Lakers,drop the puck .....will be interesting to see what the rules are for fan participation??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Couldn't have said it any better.........lets go Lakers,drop the puck .....will be interesting to see what the rules are for fan participation??
      I was just reading about Brockport football's home opener. There is no mention at all about any restrictions or special rules for attendance. Other than all first responders get in for free.

Granted, it's an outdoor event. It might be different for hockey rinks.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I was just reading about Brockport football's home opener. There is no mention at all about any restrictions or special rules for attendance. Other than all first responders get in for free.

My guess is that it will be different with hockey rinks, at least some of them (like the IRA, where they've already reduced the seating capacity to 1600).

Comment

A follow up for Lakers Hockey. Tomorrow we kick off our pre season Herb Hammond golf tournament and banquet. All players on board including a number of previous players. As we could not have this venue last year we are all looking forward to the event. It is a great gathering of Blue Line Club members and coaches and players. For those who do not know who Herb Hammond was, Herb really put this program on its feet in the early 70’s coaching Oswego Lakers with bringing in many Canadian players. Years after Herb left Oswego and eventually retired from coaching he became a scout for the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadians

Comment

Unfortunately I forgot to mention that we lost a number of teams for our tournament tomorrow because of the border being closed with Canada. I know there was a large number of our Canadian friends who wanted to be here tomorrow. Hopefully we see the border opened at some time soon

Comment

As of this week the AD has said that masks will no doubt be mandatory but there are no restrictions for the number of fans

Comment

As of this week masks would be mandatory at the Campus center but no restrictions on the number of fans

Comment

OK sounds good,thanks,wonder why The Ira has already reduced capacity??

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post

As of this week the AD has said that masks will no doubt be mandatory but there are no restrictions for the number of fans
                    Will be interesting to see if they leave the concession stand open....
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

I suspect the rules are going to be VERY flexible all season...
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

They are creating some single seats in addition to the bench seating. I think it's down to 1600 max., but it's still a tight space.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Who are we kidding; the Mu variant is already here, allowed to mutate to that point via the vax-denier idiots... And, it'll mutate again, as long as numbskulls allow it spread.

I purchased 4 season tickets and don't plan to ask for a refund, but neither do I necessarily expect to attend indoor hockey in a crowded arena such as Utica's. The bulk of D-3 arenas are empty, yes, and that might work in those venues, but attending a packed house in the dead of winter doesn't strike me as a great idea.

We'll see, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Who are we kidding; the Mu variant is already here, allowed to mutate to that point via the vax-denier idiots... And, it'll mutate again, as long as numbskulls allow it spread.

I purchased 4 season tickets and don't plan to ask for a refund, but neither do I necessarily expect to attend indoor hockey in a crowded arena such as Utica's. The bulk of D-3 arenas are empty, yes, and that might work in those venues, but attending a packed house in the dead of winter doesn't strike me as a great idea.

We'll see, I suppose.
                            Fish...............always the optimist ;-))

Comment

Fish...............always the optimist ;-))
                              Believe me, Drafty, I want a real season as much as anyone... The whole prospect just looks a bit dicey to me now. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X