No announcement yet.

2020-2021 D3 Men's Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSU is right the media and Governors (Heir Cuomo) want to control us. Yes Covid-19 is a disease, yes it makes you sick, yes people have died from it (like the guy who lost his head in a motorcycle accident) but the numbers don't lie. The percentages prove this is all over blown. I live in the State of Maryland. 1715 people are hospitalized. Are you telling me that in the whole state there are 1800 beds available? No I did not think so, but if you listen to the rhetoric you would think that is the case. Hospitals may be overwhelmed in certain pockets but there is not a bed shortage in this country. Some would have you think we are on the brink of destruction. Again lies. As I said should it be taken seriously, sure but not to the extremes we have been forced to deal with.
    Last edited by sacole13; 12-10-2020, 07:12 AM.
    The Titanic only had one Captain..........
    "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
    "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
    9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

• Net Presence,
      Adrian runs 7 hockey teams. The most of any school in the entire country:

-Men’s NCAA
      -ACHA D1
      -ACHA D2
      -ACHA D3
      -Women’s NCAA
      -ACHA D1
      -ACHA D2

Pretty **** impressive if they’re testing all those players 2-3 times a week. Even if it’s once a week.

I still gotta think it’s more likely “coaches discretion” and self-monitoring like stated in the actual releases from Adrian College I posted above (one of which is as recent as the end of November.)

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        You're a great sheep! I say its not true because I'm not listening/reading articles by 'experts' ....the same group that says "only forwards should wear a facemask on a faceoff" yet the defenceman line up next to a forward in most offensive and defensive zone face-offs. The same group that can try and tell you that hockey is more dangerous when your covered head to toe in gear, yet soccer and lacrosse are out there in shorts and a tshirt bumping into one another constantly. You're absolutely right. Congrats on being a great sheep and believing what the government wants you to believe.

I dont believe the articles because I am living it. I coach two travel teams and have had ZERO positive cases, Zero, out of 28 players and 8 coaches. We've traveled to states, we've played against "hot zone" States, yet no one has contracted the almighty COVID. Ive been tested 10 times since July, yet not once a positive (all free of charge BTW lol). I also work in a prison with 500 other prison guards from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Elmira, Auburn, Elmira, and Watertown yet we've had no major exposure. How is it possible if its so bad? 99% of the people who have died (and yes it sucks) would have more than likely died from the common flu. I do know several people who have contracted it, and only 1 (an aunt in Louisiana) died from it. Yet she had a heart attack, but they (the hospital) deemed it COVID to get more $$$.

There was also an article about a player/team here in NY that went to a tournament and came back. One of the kids tested positive shortly after, only 1 of 16. Yet they deemed "hockey" the source because well he couldn't have contracted it at the gas station or Walmart, it had to be the rink *rolleyes* amazingly enough the 15 other players and 4 coaches didn't, but it was hockeys fault....
        First, I haven't seen any legitimate health/virus experts arguing for only forwards should wear a mask on faceoffs. I'm not saying those statements haven't been made by people but, not by legitimate experts. I agree with you that that idea is ridiculous.

Second, you do realize this virus is aerosolized, right? In case you're not sure, that means that in indoor situations -- you know, like inside an arena -- the virus will literally hang in the air for 2-3 hours without proper air circulation. And, the far greatest means of transmission is from inhaling the virus, not through contact which is the basis for your argument regarding soccer and lacrosse. Meaning, the reason why soccer and lacrosse don't have nearly the same level of infections is because they are played outside where the virus is quickly dispersed as even a slight breeze prevents it from "hanging" in the air. Also, there isn't a ceiling to keep the virus trapped in a specific area.

And, if you had taken the time to read even the first link from the Washington Post, you would have seen that they had quoted numerous experts that state that, due to it's unique construction (boards/glass surrounding the entire surface) the rink literally traps the expelled virus very effectively, and that it actually sits about 4-5 feet above the ice. Add on the fact that because the air inside a rink is both cold and dry, it is the perfect atmosphere for the virus to maintain it's "aerosolization" for a longer period of time. And obviously, the nature of the sport means players have constantly elevated levels of breathing which, maximizes virus exhalation, especially when sitting shoulder to shoulder on the bench at the end of a shift. Again, this is all basic science and logic.

Next, I noticed you didn't respond to my point that 40% of all those infected are asymptomatic. Meaning, unless your players are being tested at least twice a week, there isn't any way to definitively say you've had ZERO infections. Have all of your players been tested at least 2 times per week since you started playing again?

Oh...you do realize that this virus significantly affects the cardiovascular system, right? Meaning, heart attacks or arrhythmias are common in people with Covid. Also, you might want to start getting your "news/information" about Covid from someplace other than Facebook and Parlor. Hospitals are not designating deaths that aren't legitimate Covid deaths as Covid in order to "get more $$$". That's simply not accurate. You do realize that you can simply Google most of these "right wing" conspiracy theories and find out if they're true or not? Read this article from Fact Check.Org and become better informed...

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/ho...9-death-count/

From the article... "A Minnesota state senator’s recent interview on Fox News about Medicare payments for COVID-19 hospitalizations has generated a frenzy of headlines on social media suggesting that hospitals may have a financial motivation when it comes to classifying cases or deaths as related to COVID-19.
        One website ran a story headlined, “US Hospitals Getting Paid More to Label Cause of Death as ‘Coronavirus.'” It called the information “disturbing” and the interview “bone-chilling.”

Numerous readers have asked us about such claims, some of which imply that hospitals are making money by simply listing patients as having the disease — when in fact the payments referenced are for treating patients. And while some of the posts imply that fraud may be afoot, multiple experts told us that such theories of hospitals deliberately miscoding patients as COVID-19 are not supported by any evidence. The initial comment was made by Minnesota State Sen. Scott Jensen, a family physician, who spoke with Fox News host Laura Ingraham on April 8 about the idea that the number of COVID-19 deaths may be inflated. Jensen was responding to National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, who — while answering a reporter’s question about that theory — said “you will always have conspiracy theories when you have very challenging public health crises. They are nothing but distractions.”
        In an interview with FactCheck.org, however, Jensen said he did not think that hospitals were intentionally misclassifying cases for financial reasons.

“There’s an implication here that hospitals are over-reporting their COVID patients because they have an economic advantage of doing so, [which] is really an outrageous claim,” Gerald Kominski, senior fellow at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, told us. And, he said, any suggestion that patients may be put on ventilators out of financial gain, not medical need, “is basically saying physicians are violating their Hippocratic Oath … it would be like providing heart surgery on someone who doesn’t need it.” So....yeah, that little theory has ZERO basis in fact. If anyone is being a "sheep" it's yourself and all of the rest of the Covid deniers.

Comment

• PSUChamps... As you may be aware, there is also significant concern about the prevalence of myocarditis and lung-scarring in post-Covid infected athletes. It's the main reason why the Big10 chose to initially cancel football. There's so much info, I had to break it into two different posts. Here's Part 1...

First is an article from MEDPAGE TODAY that analyzes the potential long and short-term effects of myocarditis. Both in athletes and non-athletes. Here's the link:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/88487

From the article: "One study found myocarditis in 15% of college athletes who tested positive, largely after mild or no symptoms."

"Myocarditis is the top concern around COVID-19 for college athletics, due to the risk it poses for cardiac arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death."
          "Newly released European Society of Cardiology guidelines suggested that people with myocarditis should hold off on vigorous exercise likely for 3 to 6 months."

Next, here's a link to a Forbes article...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuac...h=2afa331b2be0

From the article... "Earlier this week the Washington Post featured an article on Covid-19 survivors in Bergamo, Italy, 50% of whom say they still haven’t fully recovered. Doctors interviewed in Bergamo discussed a follow-up study they conducted this summer of long-term patients. Among 750 patients screened, about 30% still have lung scarring and breathing trouble. Another 30% have problems of inflammation and clotting, including heart abnormalities and artery blockages."

"Preliminary, and as yet unpublished, data revealed that in the U.S. approximately 15% of a sample of college athletes who contracted the coronavirus - most of whom had experienced mild or no symptoms - were diagnosed with myocarditis. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart caused by a viral infection, such as the coronavirus, that can lead to rapid or abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden cardiac death."

Here's another article from "The Conversation" (from Nov. 4th)...

https://theconversation.com/even-if-...to-know-149243

From the article... "New research now shows that even young people with COVID-19 who are asymptomatic are at risk for developing potentially dangerous inflammation around the heart. I am an imaging cardiologist who is developing diagnostic techniques to assess changes in heart muscle function in patients with COVID-19. In a study released Nov. 4, my colleagues and I found evidence of heart abnormalities in over one-third of student athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 and underwent cardiac screening at West Virginia University this fall. While we didn’t detect ongoing damage to the heart muscle itself, we frequently found evidence of inflammation and excess fluid in the pericardium, the sac around the heart. Almost all of the 54 students tested had either mild COVID-19 or were asymptomatic."

To help them develop standards, I and other cardiologists from the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia reviewed the current evidence and wrote an expert consensus statement. A similar statement focused on myocarditis was published by some of the same doctors in JAMA Cardiology.

We suggest the following:
          • Any student athlete testing positive for COVID-19 should follow quarantine rules and avoid exposing their teammates, coaches or anyone else to the virus.
          • Before returning to play, athletes who test positive for COVID-19 should consult with their physicians to determine if heart screening tests are needed. Although routine testing is not recommended for all asymptomatic individuals, a physician should determine on an individual basis when the risks are high enough.
          • If an athlete has active myocarditis, we recommend no competition or strenuous training for three to six months, with follow-up exams with a cardiologist. Exercise can worsen the disease’s progression and create arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeat. After that period, the athlete can gradually resume exercise and play if he or she has no lingering inflammation or arrhythmia.
          • If an athlete has active features of pericarditis, we also recommend restricting exercise, since it can exacerbate inflammation or cause inflammation to return. Athletes should avoid competitive sports during the acute phase. Once tests show no inflammation or excess fluid, the athlete should be able to return to play

Comment

• Here's Part 2...

Here's a link to an article from the "Scientific American"...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-any-symptoms/

From the article... From an offensive lineman at Indiana University dealing with possible heart issues to a University of Houston player opting out of the season because of “complications with my heart,” the news has been coming fast and furiously. More than a dozen athletes at Power Five conference schools have been identified as having myocardial injury following coronavirus infection, according to ESPN; two of the conferences—the Big Ten and the Pac-12—already have announced they are postponing all competitive sports until 2021. And in Major League Baseball, Boston Red Sox ace pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez told reporters that he felt “100 years old” as a result of his bout with COVID, and of MLB’s shortened season because of myocarditis—an inflammation of the heart muscle, often triggered by a virus. Said Rodriguez: “That’s [the heart is] the most important part of your body, so when you hear that … I was kind of scared a little. Now that I know what it is, it’s still scary.”

Why are these athletes (and their leagues and conferences) taking such extreme precautions? It’s because of the stakes. Though it often resolves without incident, myocarditis can lead to severe complications such as abnormal heart rhythms, chronic heart failure and even sudden death. Just a few weeks ago, a former Florida State basketball player, Michael Ojo, died of suspected heart complications just after recovering from a bout of COVID-19 in Serbia, where he was playing pro ball.

Here’s the background: Myocarditis appears to result from the direct infection of the virus attacking the heart, or possibly as a consequence of the inflammation triggered by the body’s overly aggressive immune response. And it is not age-specific: In The Lancet, doctors recently reported on an 11-year-old child with multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C)—a rare illness—who died of myocarditis and heart failure. At autopsy, pathologists were able to identify coronavirus particles present in the child’s cardiac tissue, helping to explain the virus’ direct involvement in her death. In fact, researchers are reporting the presence of viral protein in the actual heart muscle, of six deceased patients. Of note is the fact that these patients were documented to have died of lung failure, having had neither clinical signs of heart involvement, nor a prior history of cardiac disease.

Samuel called it “extremely dangerous” for athletes diagnosed with myocarditis to play competitive sports for at least three to six months, because of the risk of serious arrhythmia or sudden death, and several athletes already have made the decision to heed those dire warnings. We’ll likely see more such decisions in the very near future, as each sport enters its peak season.

"And for the rest of us? Wear a mask, social distance, avoid large gatherings, and spend more time in the great outdoors. I would echo the advice of J.N.: “Be careful. Just don’t get the virus in the beginning.” As of today, it’s still the best defense we’ve got...

To close, let's play this out under the current thought that between 10 and 15% of all collegiate athletes who contract Covid (40% who're asymptomatic) develop some form of myocarditis. Approximately 480,000 athletes play at all levels of the NCAA (from the NCAA website). At the moment, Scott Gottlieb is estimating that by the end of this year approximately 30% of the U.S. population will have been infected. So, 30% of the 480,000 NCAA athletes is approximately 144,000. And, if even 10% of those who’ve contracted Covid have been also been diagnosed with some level of myocarditis, that’s a total of approximately 14,400 athletes who have likely developed some level of post-Covid infection myocarditis… that is NOT an insignificant number.

Comment

• Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
              PSU is right the media and Governors (Heir Cuomo) want to control us. Yes Covid-19 is a disease, yes it makes you sick, yes people have died from it (like the guy who lost his head in a motorcycle accident) but the numbers don't lie. The percentages prove this is all over blown. I live in the State of Maryland. 1715 people are hospitalized. Are you telling me that in the whole state there are 1800 beds available? No I did not think so, but if you listen to the rhetoric you would think that is the case. Hospitals may be overwhelmed in certain pockets but there is not a bed shortage in this country. Some would have you think we are on the brink of destruction. Again lies. As I said should it be taken seriously, sure but not to the extremes we have been forced to deal with.
              Unfortunately, the numbers you seem to be looking at/accepting as accurate, simply aren't. Again, I'll ask you the same question I've asked anyone who doesn't believe it's as bad as the legitimate "experts" are saying is. Please provide at least 3-5 links to articles either written by legitimate experts (not Scott Atlas types) or, quote legitimate experts about any of the significant disagreements in relation to the virus. I have asked over 30 different posters this since April and not a single one has even attempted to respond. Weird....

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
                Net Presence,
                Adrian runs 7 hockey teams. The most of any school in the entire country:

-Men’s NCAA
                -ACHA D1
                -ACHA D2
                -ACHA D3
                -Women’s NCAA
                -ACHA D1
                -ACHA D2

Pretty **** impressive if they’re testing all those players 2-3 times a week. Even if it’s once a week.

I still gotta think it’s more likely “coaches discretion” and self-monitoring like stated in the actual releases from Adrian College I posted above (one of which is as recent as the end of November.)

It's really not "coaches discretion". At least not for the actual varsity teams. Not sure the Club level teams are even playing. I know the NCHA commissioner pretty well and he has told me Adrian is doing the actual testing to the degree that the NCAA protocols call for.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

It's really not "coaches discretion". At least not for the actual varsity teams. Not sure the Club level teams are even playing. I know the NCHA commissioner pretty well and he has told me Adrian is doing the actual testing to the degree that the NCAA protocols call for.
                  Good to hear they are being diligent.

I know their ACHA D1 men’s team is playing, can’t speak to the others.

Last edited by altazo; 12-10-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Unfortunately, the numbers you seem to be looking at/accepting as accurate, simply aren't. Again, I'll ask you the same question I've asked anyone who doesn't believe it's as bad as the legitimate "experts" are saying is. Please provide at least 3-5 links to articles either written by legitimate experts (not Scott Atlas types) or, quote legitimate experts about any of the significant disagreements in relation to the virus. I have asked over 30 different posters this since April and not a single one has even attempted to respond. Weird....

Here is the simplest number, written everywhere and nowhere, 96% SURVIVAL RATE!!! These so called experts are being PAID to say what they say. They use sketchy data to back up their claims. Same as the CLIMATE PANICKERS. Using the press to back up your arguments does not make you right.

Oh and here is my proof about the numbers of beds being used in Maryland, from the State Government. https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/#Guidance

So not inaccurate as you claim, but since those number don't fit your narrative I assume we will dispose of them.
                    Last edited by sacole13; 12-10-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

We get tested in Herkimer. This is considered "optional" in the absence of verifiable exposure, thus the expense.

I'll look into the South Utica thing. Are you sure that the rapid test is free and unlimited?

Thanks.

Well I know of two folks who paid $100 for a test there.....my son and a guy he saw who was very worked up that he was charged $100.

2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Here in Maryland we do it better: Please note: There is currently high demand for testing across the state. If you are not able to get an appointment at our site, please check with your provider, urgent care, pharmacy, or the state site for other options: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/symptoms-testing

Sign up for testing at the Ag Center in Westminster using this testing form. A health care provider’s order is not required:

Testing Form / Registro de Pruebas

Registration will be closed during certain hours to allow our providers to enter people into the system. Registration will be open 8 am – 5 pm and 7 pm – 10 pm daily.

Testing at the Ag Center:
                        • Diagnostic PCR test will tell you if you have a current COVID infection
                        • Located at 706 Agriculture Center Drive in Westminster
                        • Testing is available every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 9 am – 12 noon. Check this web page or Facebook page for any changes. Please note, the testing center will be closed on Thursday, November 26th for Thanksgiving Day.
                        • You must have an appointment to be tested.
                        • You do not need a health care provider’s order.
                        • You will not be charged for the testing.
                        • We can test all ages. You may want to bring an extra person to hold or calm small children who are being tested, as our staff cannot help hold the child during the test.
                        • Once you complete and submit the form above, our clinicians will enter it into the CRISP system, and you will receive a link to register for an appointment time.
                        • Please allow 1 business day for the test request to be entered- multiple submissions can result in errors.
                        • The testing center appointments can fill quickly. Please only register for an appointment if you are planning to come to our center. You may register for any state sponsored testing location
                        • To cancel your appointment, please call the CRISP system hotline at 1-866-984-4405.
                        • You must be in an enclosed vehicle; you cannot walk or bike up to the testing site.
                        • You will remain in your car for the test, which is a nasopharyngeal swab. We can test the driver, passengers, or multiple people in the vehicle if they have appointments scheduled for the same day.
                        • You will be called with your results, positive or negative, as soon as possible after they are received, likely within a few days after you are tested. However, with increased demand it may take longer to get your results.

Comment

• PSU Champs that's amazing you haven't come across hockey related COVID transmission. Here in Canada it has, unfortunately, happened and that's even with pretty strict protocols. One example: a senior mens team crossed provincial boundaries against public health orders to go to a tournament. Players came back with a number of infections and spread it in their small community where medical capacity is limited. This could play out anywhere. I've heard of quite a few transmissions in junior A and B too. Overall death rate might not be huge and it has mostly devastated the elderly but it's a relative rate for a virus that we know spreads rapidly and you better hope it doesn't mutate to become more deadly like the Spanish flu and kill younger folks. Already a 27 year old in Alberta, with no underlying conditions, died yesterday. Not a good sign.

Comment

• If you go to a place and they do anything else (blood pressure, weight, height, ect) they consider it a "visit" and charge accordingly. I dont know why or how they are charging there. They will deny you (or push you to the back of the list) for just a "peace of mind". Utica Jr Comets bought their own, paid $50 and met at our rink last week for testing just to make it easier. If you give them one small inclination of a possible symptom (achy body - hell im old we always ache now) or a sore throat, bam automatic coverage.

We have vending companies and copy repair guys who are required to get tested before entering nursing homes, free of charge. So if your company requires it, its free. Like I said why or how they are charging is beyond me. URMC (Rochester) charges my insurance $320 each test (8 of them since July)

I will say I just had surgery yesterday and the ER is full. Strong is starting to cancel elective surgery to save bed space. However, the number of "critical" patients is not as bad as they make it sound either. The slightest hint of poor breathing and they admit you. That also came directly from my post op nurse who just came back to covid and normally works up there on the covid unit. Hospital and states are getting extra $$ for their numbers (deaths, hospitalization, and testing).

If they gave you the exact numbers it wouldn't fit their narrative. How could they control you and make you fear the "flu"?
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

First off, Lady Nubbers, you're a verifiable numb-skull, as your posting history clearly indicates.

Secondly, the testing is contingent on a number of factors, including geography, possible exposure, etc.

Thirdly, WI has gotten it all wrong. I'm OK with you receiving Medicaid, but the rest of us have to work, even here in NY.

Lastly, aren't you too busy donating to the tRump "legal fund "to post here? That double-shifting you're doing at MacDonald's must be exhausting.

(Extra fries, please.)
                              What Wisconsin and its incompetent governor and do-nothing legislature are doing is not relevant to you claiming you are a medical professional when you actually work at Lowe's. Your claim of being a medical professional is met with even more skepticism when you readily admit that you aren't aware of more economically beneficial testing in South Utica. If you actually were a medical professional, it would be hard to believe you wouldn't know about it. Does the news not get that far up Steuben Road, Steve? Or is it Howard? Or is it Walter Mitty? It's OK to admit it. We already know.

Comment

• There is a second wave happening across the world. Not sure what narrative you mean. In other countries the medical systems are not for profit and hospitals do not rely on full beds, testing or emergency room visits for funding. Cases are growing and some medical facilities are at or near capacity. There is no purpose to inflating numbers.

Sounds like you might be at a larger centre to be in a post op unit but others aren't as lucky. Some places have few, if any critical care beds or personnel. I wish you well and hope that in your recovery you don't find a COVID patient in the room next to you as our friend did 10 days ago after he had major surgery. He was in no shape to fend off an exposure. Luckily he was discharged sooner than expected. Wonder if the COVID neighbour had anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X