2020-2021 D3 Men's Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
    Regarding the western DIII conferences; sounds like the NCHA will have an AD/Presidents meeting next Friday. The Midwest Conference -- who St. Norberts, Lake Forest, and Lawrence University are members of -- just canceled winter sports. Rumor is that those ADs are saying they highly doubt that they can allow hockey to play if none of the other sports are allowed to play.

WIAC is meeting soon as well and expectation is they will cancel. Finally, the MIAC leadership is meeting in the next two weeks and, if expected, Walz extends the current pause on athletics through Jan. 1 and possibly even later, the MIAC will likely cancel as well.

For those that haven't seen it yet, here's an article from the Washington Post on the probability that hockey is likely the riskiest of all sports to play from a Covid standpoint. It's a very interesting read and I highly recommend reading it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ion-outbreaks/
    A DC paper wrote an article about hockey in New England. Meanwhile, in their own back yard, hockey in the DMV area is happening with many restrictions
    • locker rooms closed
    • masks on the bench
    • no out of area teams in for tournaments.
    • In Maryland, Montgomery, Prince George's and Charles counties only permit body contact (women's rules) to be played
    • electronic whistles

Kids are getting COVID, but most of the cases are from family exposure, not from the ice rink.

On topic, I think the D3 season is a goner.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Hey what do ya know more D3 hockey D3 MSOE vs D1 Minn.State for a 2 game set this weekend,I guess MSOE has the BIG $$$$ to test and all the other b.s....don't tell me it cant be done in D3....How do you think those others players on other D3 teams feel when they see this and other schools like Adrian playing??? and playing D1 teams as well.......Drop the puck ...Looked up MSOE didnt know much, but they were below 500 last yr,may be a tough weekend for them ;-((
      Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-08-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Hey what do ya know more D3 hockey D3 MSOE vs D1 Minn.State for a 2 game set this weekend,I guess MSOE has the BIG $$$$ to test and all the other b.s....don't tell me it cant be done in D3....How do you think those others players on other D3 teams feel when they see this and other schools like Adrian playing??? and playing D1 teams as well.......Drop the puck ...Looked up MSOE didnt know much, but they were below 500 last yr,may be a tough weekend for them ;-((
        Those ones could get ugly. Mankato has been a top 5 D1 program the last couple years. I’m surprised they’re (MSOE) is not just playing Adrian.

As a side note, I am also a D3 hockey alum and absolutely love following it every season. But, you honestly seem a little disproportionately angry that this isn’t going to be a normal season. Schools are doing what they think is best for their communities and finances.l

I feel worse for restaurant owners who are losing their businesses (and possibly more.)

As for the Adrian and MSOE (have any other D3 schools laced ‘em up?) I would honestly be surprised if they actually have regular testing in place, but that’s their prerogative. All I see here from Adrian concerning winter sports is that they plan to compete http://adrian.edu/uploads/files/Fall...AQ_9.25.20.pdf

I don’t see anything here either, but I could be missing something. Sounds like a lot of “coaches discretion.” http://adrian.edu/uploads/files/AC_P...n_11.23.20.pdf
        Last edited by altazo; 12-08-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing. We have Junior programs and heck one of our association teams are being tested weekly for weekend games at $50 a pop. A lot of states don't even have a mandatory test procedure.

You have to keep in mind that a lot of colleges are going fully remote. So you want teams to fully invest in a season (heck some rinks aren't even opening) for them to just shut down for weeks. We see it in NCAA football with canceled games. NCAA basketball, same thing. Why are they still trying? $$$$$ when is the last time a DIII hockey game brought in a profitable television contract? *crickets* D1 hockey is getting away with it because A. Most of these schools, their budget for hockey is minuscule compared to other sports (and television contracts). B. They're not confined to the dictatorship of Cuomo...remember, RIT had to fight for hockey this year and was only allowed last minute through enormous pressure from alumni ($$$).

On top of that NYS has some of the stricter guidelines concerning travel. The San Francisco 49ers are playing in Arizona because of California guidelines.

Like I said, if my 10U and 12U kids can't play a game here in New York, I could care less if a college kid gets to play. What message would that send? Its absolutely BULL**** that RIT and Niagara are playing games in the SAME rink we should be playing league games in, but yet we can't. We don't even get the "get tested and play" option. Instead our Organizations get threatened with $15,000 fines and criminal charges brought against parents for taking their kids out of New York to play hockey (where everyone else is/has been playing). Even with that every state has different rules/protocols for hockey.

We were also just told that he is NOT changing his mind and we will be lucky to see games before April....yet little to no tracing coming from hockey rinks/players.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• I can imagine I may feel different if I lived in New York State. Here in Utah, businesses are open, schools are open, and we’re able to ski everyday as long as you wear your mask and keep distance in lift lines. We have a lot of space here to spread out and people definitely mind their own business.

Our governor seems to be the opposite of Cuomo, probably to a fault. Somewhere between the two would be nice. When asked about our 20% + positivity testing results, he turns into an old Mormon grandpa and says he’s really disappointed in residents for not doing a better job wearing masks and physically distancing.
            Last edited by altazo; 12-08-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Oh we do too minus the city(s) which makes it worse. We have a relatively low covid rate compared to other OPEN states, yet he now wants to limit/close bars and restaurants again. Meanwhile, come Saturday morning we will have a visit room full of families coming up from hot zones to visit New Yorks finest incarcerated citizens. Meanwhile my kids have to get dressed for hockey practice outside in the cold open parking lot to practice for the millionth time. (No games in NY since March)

I've been to Pa, Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana since July and NYS is bar far the most ridiculous when it comes to this crap. Yes its crap. Yes I am high risk and yes Im sick of it already.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• I feel for you all. Looking forward to normal times.

I read something last week by some guy who has studied pandemics throughout history. He thinks we’ll be wearing masks for another year, but in 2-3 years he forecasts another “roaring 20’s.” He claims it’s going to be a fun time to be an American. People will be making up for lost time, sporting and concert tickets will be tough to get as will restaurant reservations. I hope he’s right.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  A DC paper wrote an article about hockey in New England.
                  I met a Vermont couple at the pool (sorry) who verified the story in the Post. Evidently Vermont was doing quite well until a player at a Montpelier rink spread the 'rona to a number of different schools and colleges. They were under the impression that a couple of hundred cases were linked to that one player. Perhaps P&G can illuminate?

Florida's Governor handles everything to err on the side of businesses. In fact I drove to Wesley Chapel to watch a game between the Tampa Jrs, and the team from Ft Myers. Wasn't very good hockey, but where else can you watch the sport in shorts and a sweater? There were many many skaters on all five rinks.

P.S. Just wait until Covid-20 and Covid-21 rear their ugly heads! We may never see another strangers' mouth, not that that's a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing. We have Junior programs and heck one of our association teams are being tested weekly for weekend games at $50 a pop. A lot of states don't even have a mandatory test procedure.

You have to keep in mind that a lot of colleges are going fully remote. So you want teams to fully invest in a season (heck some rinks aren't even opening) for them to just shut down for weeks. We see it in NCAA football with canceled games. NCAA basketball, same thing. Why are they still trying? $$$$$ when is the last time a DIII hockey game brought in a profitable television contract? *crickets* D1 hockey is getting away with it because A. Most of these schools, their budget for hockey is minuscule compared to other sports (and television contracts). B. They're not confined to the dictatorship of Cuomo...remember, RIT had to fight for hockey this year and was only allowed last minute through enormous pressure from alumni ($$$).

On top of that NYS has some of the stricter guidelines concerning travel. The San Francisco 49ers are playing in Arizona because of California guidelines.

Like I said, if my 10U and 12U kids can't play a game here in New York, I could care less if a college kid gets to play. What message would that send? Its absolutely BULL**** that RIT and Niagara are playing games in the SAME rink we should be playing league games in, but yet we can't. We don't even get the "get tested and play" option. Instead our Organizations get threatened with $15,000 fines and criminal charges brought against parents for taking their kids out of New York to play hockey (where everyone else is/has been playing). Even with that every state has different rules/protocols for hockey.

We were also just told that he is NOT changing his mind and we will be lucky to see games before April....yet little to no tracing coming from hockey rinks/players.

PSUChamps... actually, the most recent research and analysis on sports related spread is showing hockey to be the riskiest of all of the indoor sports. As I've stated in other threads previously, with 40% being asymptomatic, and the vast majority of players in youth and high school level not being required to test two and three times a week the way the NCAA protocols require, we'll never truly know the degree of infection and spread that is directly associated with in game/practice activity.

I am the father of a 13 yr old here in Minnesota and, we are in week three of a current four week pause on all youth, high school, and adult sports. With the likelihood that governor Walz will extend that through at least Jan. 1st, and possibly into mid or late January. I also make my living directly off of this great game so, it's also been challenging for me personally too. However, I also believe that in this specific situation, given these specific circumstances, if health and science experts like Fauci and Osterholm say that not playing/practicing youth, high school, and adult athletics (when consistent, weekly testing isn't an option) is the proper thing to do to limit/reduce community spread, and in turn reduce the stress on our health care systems, especially the doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines, then I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Would it be nice if the federal government got off their azzes and passed another Covid relief bill? It sure would be. Regardless, please read the following articles about the various spreading scenarios and you can draw your own conclusions about how big of an issue infections at the rinks has become.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ion-outbreaks/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/youth-hock...ry?id=74232730

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=uxbndlbing

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=17b626177f9b

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...ckey-1.5782407

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ks/ar-BB1a5JRT

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ame-the-adults

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/...us-battle.html

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/two...ases/19319331/

https://www.tsn.ca/new-covid-19-rest...eams-1.1534706

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/ohl-season-schedule-coronavirus-pandemic-1.5675087

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/c ... -1.5786399

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/ve...rnd/index.html

https://www.fosters.com/story/news/coronavirus/2020/10/09/covid-19-outbreak-shuts-down-youth-program-at-rinks-at-exeter/114252578/

https://calgaryherald.com/news/thous...-for-two-weeks

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...ovid-outbreaks

://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020/10/12/hundreds-of-potential-coronavirus-quarantines-around-alaska-in-the-wake-of-youth-hockey-tournament/

Comment

• Man you guy can REALLY write,I can barley put 2 sentences together......We all know health concerns and politics have been mixed up in this from day one...sucks...stay healthy and drop the puck

Comment

• I dont really care what the articles say. We've been practicing since March and played in two tournaments in Pa versus teams from Carolina and Virginia. Ive also been to a goalie clinic in Indiana where they were hosting the World Roller Hockey Tournament with teams from across the US. We washed our hands, wore our masks, and tried to stay apart as much as possible....yet nothing. Ive also been to states where they are completely lax inside the rink. People roaming maskless, and nothing. Maybe thats how you feel out in Minnesota but hockey is not a spreader here in NY, it just isn't.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Come on, Steve. Lowe's benefits cover the cost of testing. If you were a "health care pro" it would also be covered. What you are claiming makes zero sense. Quit fibbing.
                          First off, Lady Nubbers, you're a verifiable numb-skull, as your posting history clearly indicates.

Secondly, the testing is contingent on a number of factors, including geography, possible exposure, etc.

Thirdly, WI has gotten it all wrong. I'm OK with you receiving Medicaid, but the rest of us have to work, even here in NY.

Lastly, aren't you too busy donating to the tRump "legal fund "to post here? That double-shifting you're doing at MacDonald's must be exhausting.

(Extra fries, please.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Not sure where your getting tested. But the South Utica urgent care on Genesee St offers rapid testing whether you have been exposed/have symptoms or not. I know upwards of 20-25 people who have gone and got tested and haven’t heard of anyone spending a dime. I would be baffled if your insurance doesn’t cover it.
                            We get tested in Herkimer. This is considered "optional" in the absence of verifiable exposure, thus the expense.

I'll look into the South Utica thing. Are you sure that the rapid test is free and unlimited?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              I dont really care what the articles say. We've been practicing since March and played in two tournaments in Pa versus teams from Carolina and Virginia. Ive also been to a goalie clinic in Indiana where they were hosting the World Roller Hockey Tournament with teams from across the US. We washed our hands, wore our masks, and tried to stay apart as much as possible....yet nothing. Ive also been to states where they are completely lax inside the rink. People roaming maskless, and nothing. Maybe thats how you feel out in Minnesota but hockey is not a spreader here in NY, it just isn't.

You're really serious? I link to 17 different articles from literally Vermont to Alaska, written by or contributed to by experts in public health, or infectious disease, or virology, or any other number of disciplines that show significant numbers of examples of spread directly attributable to activities at the rinks and your response is, "I don't really care what the articles say...but hockey is not a spreader here in N.Y., it just isn't"

Well, if you're so confident of the accuracy of that statement, please provide even two or three links to articles by legitimate health/virus experts that support it. Again, if 40% of all those infected are asymptomatic, how do you definitively know who has or hasn't been infected when there hasn't been any mandated testing of players at least 2-3 times per week? (you know, like what the NCAA requires). Please...I really want to hear your logic regarding this.

Just because you want/prefer a thing to be true, doesn't make it so, especially when all of the actual hard evidence (not just your circumstantial evidence) proves it isn't true. Seriously, this is literally Logic 101...

Comment

• You're a great sheep! I say its not true because I'm not listening/reading articles by 'experts' ....the same group that says "only forwards should wear a facemask on a faceoff" yet the defenceman line up next to a forward in most offensive and defensive zone face-offs. The same group that can try and tell you that hockey is more dangerous when your covered head to toe in gear, yet soccer and lacrosse are out there in shorts and a tshirt bumping into one another constantly. You're absolutely right. Congrats on being a great sheep and believing what the government wants you to believe.

I dont believe the articles because I am living it. I coach two travel teams and have had ZERO positive cases, Zero, out of 28 players and 8 coaches. We've traveled to states, we've played against "hot zone" States, yet no one has contracted the almighty COVID. Ive been tested 10 times since July, yet not once a positive (all free of charge BTW lol). I also work in a prison with 500 other prison guards from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Elmira, Auburn, Elmira, and Watertown yet we've had no major exposure. How is it possible if its so bad? 99% of the people who have died (and yes it sucks) would have more than likely died from the common flu. I do know several people who have contracted it, and only 1 (an aunt in Louisiana) died from it. Yet she had a heart attack, but they (the hospital) deemed it COVID to get more $$$.

There was also an article about a player/team here in NY that went to a tournament and came back. One of the kids tested positive shortly after, only 1 of 16. Yet they deemed "hockey" the source because well he couldn't have contracted it at the gas station or Walmart, it had to be the rink *rolleyes* amazingly enough the 15 other players and 4 coaches didn't, but it was hockeys fault....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X