X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, this is beyond ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
      Can we cut the ****ing contest and get back to posting schedules?
      I'm with you on this one. I had a couple with my father in law and spun off the rails. My apologies to all who had the misfortune to witness that. I'm going to blame it on the Covid crazies.

As to the schedules, I've been wondering how they're going to do that. I suppose that the conferences have a template already in place, but the OOC stuff has to be a logistical nightmare. So many moving parts.

My best guess is that D-3 will follow MLB's calculus, and work closely to limit travel and overnighters. No doubt that every team's schedule will be truncated, in any case.

Having said that, I'm guessing that we won't have college hockey this Fall. Too much risk for too little reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'm with you on this one. I had a couple with my father in law and spun off the rails. My apologies to all who had the misfortune to witness that. I'm going to blame it on the Covid crazies.

As to the schedules, I've been wondering how they're going to do that. I suppose that the conferences have a template already in place, but the OOC stuff has to be a logistical nightmare. So many moving parts.

My best guess is that D-3 will follow MLB's calculus, and work closely to limit travel and overnighters. No doubt that every team's schedule will be truncated, in any case.

Having said that, I'm guessing that we won't have college hockey this Fall. Too much risk for too little reward.
        I am not optimistic that we’re going to have a full schedule with fans being able to attend. Some NESCAC’s have already decided not to start until January 1. Stinks. College hockey is what gets me through winter. Stinks for the athletes. But, what are you going to do?

Comment

Bowdoin and UMass Boston have already come out and said the earliest their hockey teams will play is January 1

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post

I am not optimistic that we’re going to have a full schedule with fans being able to attend. Some NESCAC’s have already decided not to start until January 1. Stinks. College hockey is what gets me through winter. Stinks for the athletes. But, what are you going to do?
            I suspect that the proposed idea of starting even later in the flu season is just some kind of a misguided PR ploy. I doubt very seriously that anyone paying attention believes it, even at the various schools involved.

My guess is this: no vaccine, no season.

And yeah, it stinks.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 06-28-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Very good chance the NCHA will decide on conference only/Jan. 1 start sometime next week.

Comment

The NCAA has already cancelled the 20/21 National tournament, or so I heard via ESPN radio on Thursday.

Comment

The NCAA has already cancelled the '20/'21 National tournament, or so I heard via ESPN radio on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    The NCAA has already cancelled the '20/'21 National tournament, or so I heard via ESPN radio on Thursday.
                    I believe the August 5 announcement was only concerning the cancellation of all championships for D3 Fall sports, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Just 2020 Fall sports. Nothing more. Both in D2 and D3.
                      Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 08-10-2020, 02:43 PM.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Just 2020 Fall sports. Nothing more. Both in D2 and D3.
                        Having read more since the 5th, I could go on, but the bottom line seems to me that this won't be anything resembling a normal season. I would love to see whatever the schools might be able to stream, but I expect more entities (individual schools and entire conferences) to opt-out as the flu season makes Covid more deadly, even what few are still willing to give it a go when October rolls around...

In any case, I'm certainly not hanging my hat on seeing a National tournament in the Spring, with 25% of Americans stating that they wouldn't use a vaccine if it was approved and available by New Year's Day. (That number is oddly congruent with another poll-number of "strong supporters" of...)

My advice is for you all to explore the wonders of ice-fishing this Winter. It's good to be out in the air, the fish are firm and tasty then, and you just can't beat the traditional pint of peach schnapps to keep you feeling as warm as toast, whether your creel is full or empty at the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                          Very good chance the NCHA will decide on conference only/Jan. 1 start sometime next week.
                          Same with UCHC..........https://theuchc.com/news/2020/7/24/m...21-season.aspx
                          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• I believe it's already been talked about here on the SUNYAC thread but the SUNYAC made it official today they will be doing divisions for basketball and men's ice hockey this year until the playoffs and then they will have crossover.

https://www.sunyacsports.com/general...20201006elhb0i
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              I believe it's already been talked about here on the SUNYAC thread but the SUNYAC made it official today they will be doing divisions for basketball and men's ice hockey this year until the playoffs and then they will have crossover.

https://www.sunyacsports.com/general...20201006elhb0i
                              Is it correct to assume that the #1 seed overall will host the crossover playoff?

Never mind. I see it’s a Thursday-Sunday format.
                              Last edited by dhammond; 10-06-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post

Is it correct to assume that the #1 seed overall will host the crossover playoff?
                                The tie-breakers with such a short season is going to be wild.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X