X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Expect the CCC to have a seven game season starting in February! That is the plan right now.
    Nice start with 7 and SEE WHAT HAPPENS............don't just cancel the whole thing 3 months b4 it ever starts....no grapes raisins

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Expect the CCC to have a seven game season starting in February! That is the plan right now.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
    Looking like hockey will be returning to the NCHA

STATEMENT FROM THE NCHA

Northern Collegiate Hockey Association membership has endorsed a plan for a resumption of competition during the 2021 winter season.

A conference schedule for the women's and men's divisions is being finalized and set to be made available to the public in early January, 2021.

The NCHA is committed to doing its best to provide a quality student-athlete experience in a manner that is safe for student-athletes, coaches, administrators, campuses, and local communities.

Hopefully nothing changes between now and then.
    Best of Luck..NCHA is settting a good example,adapt and overcome...

Leave a comment:

• AC Bulldog
    replied
    Looking like hockey will be returning to the NCHA

STATEMENT FROM THE NCHA

Northern Collegiate Hockey Association membership has endorsed a plan for a resumption of competition during the 2021 winter season.

A conference schedule for the women's and men's divisions is being finalized and set to be made available to the public in early January, 2021.

The NCHA is committed to doing its best to provide a quality student-athlete experience in a manner that is safe for student-athletes, coaches, administrators, campuses, and local communities.

Hopefully nothing changes between now and then.

Leave a comment:

• sacole13
    replied
    Oh and in case you wondered where that money we were talking about went to:
    there's also $33 million for what are called "democracy programs" in Venezuela, because we're experts on democracy. We're spending $231 million to help pay down the national debt of Sudan, debt being another area we know a thing or two about. This bill spends $10 million on what it calls "gender programs" in Pakistan. Now, Congress doesn't specify exactly what those are. tens of millions of dollars set aside to recruit and retain women in the Afghan army. Why is the U.S. paying for this? Is that something that will help the United States in some measurable way? Why are we doing this?
    Not much there to fight terror. Just saying.................................... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Yup looks like the UCHC will be back in business come mid-Feb,I would imagine the cases will be on the way down and they can drop the puck for some hockey,again I do believe the original plan for the SUNYAC was to start in Feb as well but they lost their backbone and sacked the season and many kids dreams,nice job YAC hope your safe and sound inside watching other conferences play..Please spare me an explainations about testing,Cuomo etc etc ...Drop the puck

Leave a comment:

• sacole13
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

It only takes a small handful of bloodthirsty extremists. We know this. Leaving a vacuum in Africa (or, say, Afghanistan) is like allowing someone to establish an arsenal in a Vegas hotel room.

Utter negligence.
    I worked at the National Security Agency for almost 10 years. You are suggesting that I am saying we ignore them. No, we continue to use surveillance to follow their activities. And take action if needed. However if you think those Millions and billions of dollars actually go to stopping them then you are the one who is naive here. That is not where that money goes. It goes to pork projects in those countries.

Now back to business YA!!!! UCHC for resuming in February!!

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
    Al Queda and ISIS are relics of the past with no real power. At most they make pin holes, they are no longer capable of 9/11.
    It only takes a small handful of bloodthirsty extremists. We know this. Leaving a vacuum in Africa (or, say, Afghanistan) is like allowing someone to establish an arsenal in a Vegas hotel room.

Utter negligence.

Leave a comment:

• MELIN27
    replied
    You're right, they're relics of the past but China isn't. Foreign aid has many different purposes. China is becoming a master at spreading its influence not through armed intervention but through aid and investment. It has signed a trade agreement in Asia effectively setting up a trading block that the U.S. is not part of. It has spread and continues to spread its influence in Africa and the Caribbean through aid and investment and has quietly been offering its own COVID vaccine to developing nations who see the west scrambling in "me first" mode. Guess where resources like rare earth metals are in abundance? China and...the Congo. Maybe elsewhere in Africa too. A myopic view of foreign policy, foreign trade and foreign aid will tear the U.S. down faster than you can say "direct effect."

But this has nothing to do with DIII hockey.....

Leave a comment:

• sacole13
    replied
    Al Queda and ISIS are relics of the past with no real power. At most they make pin holes, they are no longer capable of 9/11.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

I am in no way suggesting I have a better idea than the blanket solution. I am only as smart as I am.

I don't bother to provide support because as with my facts about numbers of beds here in Maryland, anything I provide is dismissed when it does not support the oppositions narrative.

These people did not become rich by accident. They will find the loop holes no matter what laws are passed. Which will leaves us right where we are right now. On this subject I actually have a solution for lack of funds. The United States gives away money to countries it has no business giving the money to. Back in 2017 the US gave away over a Billion dollars to Kenya and Ethiopia. Hundreds of millions to South Sudan, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Yemen, Mozambique and Congo. Now while being nice is fine none of those countries have a direct effect on the United States. Not giving that money away would have billions available do do many different thing here in this country.
    Al Queda is active in that region, as is a newer iteration of ISIS. That has already had a direct effect on our military there (deaths), as well as a direct effect on our allies in the region.

As much as tRump wanted the US to turn-tail and hide within our borders, that just isn't a viable option anymore.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-21-2020, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Coughlin
    replied
    Originally posted by pete99race View Post
    Just announced: St. Norbert will not play hockey for the 2020-21 season...
    It's sad to hear the news, but this was expected. What are the chances that any of the would be seniors take advantage of their additional year of eligibility? I'm assuming we've seen the last of Bates & Co.

Leave a comment:

• pete99race
    replied
    Just announced: St. Norbert will not play hockey for the 2020-21 season...

Leave a comment:

• sacole13
    replied
    I never thought someone could be worse than his Dad but the boy far exceeds Dad.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied

Technically SUNYAC falls under Cuomo so................................................ ....
    I hear ya dont get me started on that waste of air.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X