2020-2021 D3 Men's Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

I find it hard to think that it's ALL about the $$$,testing seems to be everywhere,commercals on T.V. get tested early and often they say here near NYC.dont think its that costly and as for lawsuits have them signed waivers etc.....I'm also pretty sure many D3 colleges could shell out the big mamoo if they wanted to, like the privates mini-ivy's as they say....yes do think balls has something to do with it,or maybe guts to keep it P.C....I guess the ol'college try is dead and we just give in.........what next they come for my guns ;-)))??????..p.s. Hey Prez you guys laying out 200k for the season at Norwich????
    I'm in NY, and both myself and The Warden are front-line healthcare pros, and even we have to line-up at the crack of dawn and shell-out $100 a pop to get tested, if we get there before the 100 daily tests are used-up. (Which is typically prior to 0815 hours.)

Not sure what your point is, but this administration has hung us out to dry, and D-3 hockey is truly the least of our worries right about now. Nobody is coming after your guns -and I own three myself- but this virus is going to take down a lot more Americans before Easter. A lot more.

Comment

• I work for a company that runs nursing homes, I just got tested for free. Oh and the death numbers are not as bad as is being suggested. The percentage is low. Yes it is a lot of people in total but it is a low percentage of those who contract the virus.
      The Titanic only had one Captain..........
      "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
      "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
      9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'm in NY, and both myself and The Warden are front-line healthcare pros, and even we have to line-up at the crack of dawn and shell-out $100 a pop to get tested, if we get there before the 100 daily tests are used-up. (Which is typically prior to 0815 hours.)

Not sure what your point is, but this administration has hung us out to dry, and D-3 hockey is truly the least of our worries right about now. Nobody is coming after your guns -and I own three myself- but this virus is going to take down a lot more Americans before Easter. A lot more.
        Assuming you are in Utica, this is not true. First your insurance should cover the test. Second there are far more than 100 daily tests, I showed up last week at 9am and was given the information sheet with a #274 - I was told to come back at 3:30 and got my results in 20 minutes. Ive heard this "limited test" rumor too. But I can assure you that they have at least 274...

Comment

If you're paying out of pocket for testing at work, you either need better representation, or negotiating skills.

Comment

• The Utica Jr Comets had to pay $50 each test the other day to play hockey but any first responder or essential worker is deemed free at 99% of the testing sites. I will say this, we've had officers from Buffalo who have been quarantined and had to get a test (symptom free) and they were pushed behind (rightfully so) those with symptoms. My 10U daughter had a 101.7 fever, called Urgent Care and was given a rapid test with in 30 minutes (Finger Lakes Region).

I have a co worker who's inlaws all came down with it. (5 of them) 4 of them with ALL different symptoms and 1 with none. I had a fellow coach who had it and was at SUNY Upstate for 4 days but was more for observation. All lived. All fine.

Now Bak, as far as SUNYAC goes. While I agree we should be playing, keep in mind New York is the ONLY state that has YET to allow hockey since the original shut down in March. If you think the all mighty is going to let College play when A. He won't even let kids play and B. There's no money to be made in hockey (especially DIII) ...just saying. And yes, this was probably 95% financial based why they aren't playing. It will cost me about $150 every weekend to get myself and my two players tested to just be able to DRIVE 3-4 hours to Pa to play a hockey game...normally against the same team you'd play in league...makes sense right $$
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• I don't think this is behind a pay wall........but please don't give me a hard time if it is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ion-outbreaks/

I have been away from here most of the fall, just trying to survive this very strange higher education landscape. I am teaching 2 smaller groups of upper level students this fall....so my exposure to students is somewhat limited as far as number of contacts, but I am teaching on-ground, face-to-face. UC has been testing all students and all employees once a week since mid August. We are using pool testing where 12-24 samples are mixed together and sent in for testing. If the pool comes back "hot" the pool members are contacted and sent for rapid testing. I have been informed that on two instances I had COVID positive students in my classes. They went into quarantine and I hoped to stay negative in the next two weeks testing. The 2nd time, where I was exposed to the student more than I might have wished (in 2 different labs in a two day period), after being informed of the exposure, my pool came back hot.....good greif! Fortunately, I was not the positive one in the pool. Things were starting to blow up just before Thanksgiving as the virus had gotten into the residence halls (earlier student cases were predominately off campus students). There were 4 positive pools the night I was called in for further testing.

2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Assuming you are in Utica, this is not true. First your insurance should cover the test. Second there are far more than 100 daily tests, I showed up last week at 9am and was given the information sheet with a #274 - I was told to come back at 3:30 and got my results in 20 minutes. Ive heard this "limited test" rumor too. But I can assure you that they have at least 274...
                We go for testing some miles East, and it is indeed limited to 100 per day @ $100 a pop for asymptomatic people. We've already spent over 1K on it, and we have hospital-grade insurance. (That doesn't mean much, granted... We'd be far better off on Medicaid.)

This country's response to the pandemic has been uneven, to be polite, and a complete disaster, to be frank.

Comment

• Regarding the western DIII conferences; sounds like the NCHA will have an AD/Presidents meeting next Friday. The Midwest Conference -- who St. Norberts, Lake Forest, and Lawrence University are members of -- just canceled winter sports. Rumor is that those ADs are saying they highly doubt that they can allow hockey to play if none of the other sports are allowed to play.

WIAC is meeting soon as well and expectation is they will cancel. Finally, the MIAC leadership is meeting in the next two weeks and, if expected, Walz extends the current pause on athletics through Jan. 1 and possibly even later, the MIAC will likely cancel as well.

For those that haven't seen it yet, here's an article from the Washington Post on the probability that hockey is likely the riskiest of all sports to play from a Covid standpoint. It's a very interesting read and I highly recommend reading it.

Comment

• St Norbert recently left the Midwest Conference after 38 years. They are now members of the Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference (NACC.) Not sure this changes anything regarding Net Presence’s most recent post, but it should be noted that SNC won’t necessarily fall in line with other AD’s from the Midwest Conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                      Regarding the western DIII conferences; sounds like the NCHA will have an AD/Presidents meeting next Friday. The Midwest Conference -- who St. Norberts, Lake Forest, and Lawrence University are members of -- just canceled winter sports. Rumor is that those ADs are saying they highly doubt that they can allow hockey to play if none of the other sports are allowed to play.

WIAC is meeting soon as well and expectation is they will cancel. Finally, the MIAC leadership is meeting in the next two weeks and, if expected, Walz extends the current pause on athletics through Jan. 1 and possibly even later, the MIAC will likely cancel as well.

For those that haven't seen it yet, here's an article from the Washington Post on the probability that hockey is likely the riskiest of all sports to play from a Covid standpoint. It's a very interesting read and I highly recommend reading it.

can always count on the washington COMPOST for their unbias opinion....

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

can always count on the washington COMPOST for their unbias opinion....
                        Send us a link to what Parler is saying, please.

We need verifiable FACTS!!!

;P

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

To follow up, we didn't solicit orders from our PCP's, and we hadn't had any recent and verifiable exposure. (Either circumstance would have resulted in immediate and cost-free testing, as far as I can discern). Perhaps that's why our experiences differed.

We test so frequently because we care for our respective elderly parents... But, again, the very friggin least this current s*** show of an administration should have done was to ramp-up testing.

Comment

• Perhaps it’s not the administration you keep referring to,, maybe it’s the governors response! I live in Fl,, beyond being careful we live our lives as we did . I went to a 100 person wedding Friday , it was outdoors but there was dancing and fun! the Everblades played last night, won 4-0 ,, and I’m heading to the Bar to watch football soon ! So not everyone’s ***Tahoe is the same!

Comment

To follow up, we didn't solicit orders from our PCP's, and we hadn't had any recent and verifiable exposure. (Either circumstance would have resulted in immediate and cost-free testing, as far as I can discern). Perhaps that's why our experiences differed.

We test so frequently because we care for our respective elderly parents... But, again, the very friggin least this current s*** show of an administration should have done was to ramp-up testing.

Not sure where your getting tested. But the South Utica urgent care on Genesee St offers rapid testing whether you have been exposed/have symptoms or not. I know upwards of 20-25 people who have gone and got tested and haven’t heard of anyone spending a dime. I would be baffled if your insurance doesn’t cover it.

Comment

Come on, Steve. Lowe's benefits cover the cost of testing. If you were a "health care pro" it would also be covered. What you are claiming makes zero sense. Quit fibbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X